Hey ... I've been thinking ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember how we felt when we first Googled to find this place? In my case, it was after yet another night of having made stupid phone-calls and not remembering what I'd organised and with whom. I felt like c*ap and knew I had to do something about my problem. That's how I started my association with MWO and I haven't looked back.

What's concerning me at the moment - if I were a desperate person looking for help right now, I think I would feel that I had inadvertently stumbled across the site of the Marsupal Welfare Organisiation. Whilst our love for the Kanga was real and reading all our favourite posts continues to bring some solace - I wonder if it would now be prudent to let our favourite theads just gently float down the page to make room for new people needing immediate help. I know that "Just Starting Out" is fairly Kanga-free but just about all of the threads in "General" are Kanga-related.

I would hate for people who didn't know or love the Kanga to feel that they can't start new threads in deference to a sad situation. And he certainly wouldn't like it either.

Your thoughts?

You are sooooo right on -- Tawny -- that is truly a part of our business at hand now.

Comment

Henri Nouwen said that one of the greatest gifts of healing is to gain the ability to be a good host or hostess in your heart for someone else.

MWO provides a unique opp for that. I feel I will soon run dry with these thoughts, as this intersection with Heaven ends.

Anyway.. on a practical note..we don't want newbies or even oldies to think there is some club or inner circle . Kanga would laugh his little green head & red smokin cap off at that. But it could easily be percieved.

Comment

Tawny.....I can totally see what Kanga saw in you......

You are a very classy lady....................Not thinking of yourself right now....I cant see a better attribute???
        I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
        One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Any suggestions on what to do? Maybe of us that have been around for awhile can make an extreme effort to reach out to newbys to let them know why we're here that we're here to help. One on one touching seems to work best. What do you think?

Comment

Hi Tawny,

You are so thoughtful.
            I think that would be appropriate.

I think you are a pretty amazing woman- so happy you are here
            Lisa

Comment

I Agree

I agree with you, Your Tawnyness.

There is nothing worse than really wanting to relate and fit in and then not being "in the loop" and feeling left at the edge thinking you are just not good enough.......

The people who are first accessing this site are invariably hurting and vunerable. I know I was. It wouldn't take much to make them feel out of place - even though this is a truly welcoming community.

We have to be careful, but we need to honour the relationships we have formed as well.

A delicate balance, I think.

Kanga will bounce in and out of our thoughts and threads for a long time to come. I look forward to the smiles and warm thoughts that those will bring. Perhaps we need to grieve more privately now to allow the pain to transform into a pang of bittersweet sadness.

Now - to the business at hand.........

Comment

Actually I agree. What about a separate Kanga thread we can always refer to or something? I am not computer savvy enough...........love you tawny
                I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Yes

Hi, just back and catching up.

I'm really happy to read this. It's right in line with what I was thinking and I was hoping I wouldn't offend. I had planned to "unstick" the 'In Memory' post at the end of the day U.S. Friday and allow it to float down the page, as you say, Tawny. I'm also happy to close any other threads upon request.

I agree we don't want to confuse newcomers (although I sorta like that clever use of the MWO acronym!)

So yes, let's remember the Kanga, let's remember what it felt like when we started out here, and let's remember to be good to ourselves--it's been a challenging week and the holiday season can be a little bumpy, too.

Take care of yourselves, everyone. :-)

RJ
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Help keep our forum strong--make a contribution to My Way Out. Or show your support by becoming a Subscriber and enjoy enhanced features, as well!

Comment

Can we make a special archive RJ?

Comment

Kanga archive

Sure. Let me noodle on it a bit. :-)

RJ
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Help keep our forum strong--make a contribution to My Way Out. Or show your support by becoming a Subscriber and enjoy enhanced features, as well!

Comment

Thanks Tawny

Comment

Once again, you are cutting edge, Tawny. I know that I've gotten so involved with this virtual community that I forget just a few months ago, when I was looking every day for guidance with getting my own program up and started. I have been having to remind myself why I'm here. I have to think back to becca and gabby and how they talked so much about their own progress and how that inspired my own.

Comment

Hi Tawny,

I agree and wanted to let you know I hadn't planned on any more bumping........I just wanted to keep them there until the end of the week, so yesterday was my last bump for "TheKanga threads.

I think the archive is a really nice idea, so we can just go over and visit and remember.

If you are new here and looking for help YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE! :welcome: :welcome:
                            This is the most loving and supportive community a person seeking help could ask for
                            :h :h :h :h

Comment

You are fabulous -

It's official- no more bumping! But I am keeping my avatar. :l
                              Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X