Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am 100 days sober

:yougo::yougo:CONGRATULATIONS DAMO ON 100 DAYS SOBER!!!:yougo::yougo:

AWESOME post. I can relate to so much of what you said - especially the part about a real turning point (for the worse) when drinking in secret and some of those things kicked in. I'm really sorry to hear about your Dad. I'm so glad you are going down a different path now.

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I am 100 days sober

damo180;1095663 wrote: Really happy that I have got this far. And want to continue with my sober life.
      I made a promise to myself that 2011 was the year I would quit Alcohol.
      I have been trying for a long time.
      I am not out of the woods yet but I DO beleive if I keep working on this, I can live my life much happier without alcohol.
      My new sober life wins every time.
      I have had a sober weekend away which I enjoyed.
      My family are happier because I have more time for them.
      I am fitter, eating healthier, looking better , and all round just feel a whole lot better.

I wont lie and say it has been easy, because the temptations are there , and sometimes it has been very difficult. But when you get through them, it s a great feeling the next morning that I WON, AGAIN . Alcohol is the enemy for me. It made me miserable .

I , my mother , and brother and sisters are going through a really tough time with my fathers chronic alcoholism problem. Sadly, I dont think HE will beat it .
      I think this , in a strange way is helping me stay AF . I dont want to put my wife and boys through what my father has put us through.
      I feared if I continued to drink, I could very easily head that way as I was beginning to drink heavy and in secret.

Thats all for me for now.
      I have said before, this site and its members have been my biggest help and support.
      I cant thank you enough.
      If anyone reading is in there early days, PLEASE , PLEASE hang in there. It gets easier and your life will improve amazingly if you want it to, and put it in the work.

:thanks: again my friends.

Damo "100 days sober" in Dublin

WOW DAMO IN DUBLIN, DEADLY :goodjob:

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

I am 100 days sober

Wonderful post as always Damo, well done on your 100+ days!

Comment

I am 100 days sober

thank you all so much.
          Your kind words mean a lot.
          And watching everyone BEAT this addiction and doing so well is really driving me to keep going.

Well done all and thanks again.

Damo
          xxx
          Still trying !!!
          AF 25th June2014

Comment

I am 100 days sober

Hi damo. I am a little late but congratulations on a fantastic achievement. An inspiration for me to keep going.

Comment

I am 100 days sober

Hey damo, a bit late here, too, but no less sincere in congratulating your 'hunnerd, and wishing you a thousand more. With folks like you, writing about the positive rewards of a sober life, we just feel so encouraged and able to believe in ourselves. Your "I can do this!" attitude is inspiring. Cheers, Jib
              Resisting all Magical Thinking...one day at a time

Comment

I am 100 days sober

truely inspiring for me....if a jackeen can do it, anyone can (sorry...am from Cork and can't help it )

Congratulations - particiularly in Ireland this is a great achievement! I'm only 97 days behind you and can add it to my inspiration box to keep on going

Comment

I am 100 days sober

well done Damo on your 101 day's now:wave::wave::wave:
                  AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Working...
                  X