replacing booze with food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ifind myself trying to use food the way I used to use alcohol. I have been abstinent for 2 months tomorrow. I am 59 and drank socially since about 28, then with more regularity. Till the last few years. Daily, with morning drinks to make it through the day only on week-ends that is............seeing my quantity continue to rise. My constant consumation about alcohol, making sure I had enough to last the week. Putting hard alcohol into wine to make it strong enough; when sipping wine with friends. Hiding the fact that I was consuming so much from everyone; but myself. Realizing the only thing I really care about or plan on is alcohol. Afraid to begin a new relationship and have them see my abuse of alcohol but afraid to live life without it. I put myself on vitamins and had no trouble at all. I guess I had just gotten to the point where I either did it or died as that was what was waiting for me. My humor returned after a week, started sleeping better, started reading anything I could get my hands on to on alcohol. Read Susan Powter's book and she really got to me. I had orderd MWO and it came and I decided to try that route as well. I got the vitamins, c.ds and Meds. Day one for me so I am anxious to get started. Hopefully the meds will stop the replacement of food for alcohol. Having some support will surely help as well. I feel better than I ever thought I would or hoped to. At first it was to proove I could; now not sure if I even care to have one or two. But not worried about it; don't want to now, so won't. Plus no plans for in the future; just feeling like a new life has been given to me. Life is so much easier living it without the damage alcohol does to us each day. newbegin
    newbegin

A lot of people lose weight on this program. I didn't but I didn't gain either. I eat like I've never eaten before! I can eat so much more now that I don't consume all those calories with alcolhol. I have been here since July & have cut my alcolhol consumption by 75%! You will love it here with all the support.
    Pea

Comment

At this point, New, you probably need the food, espec. if it is healthy food. Many people with alcohol problems are slowly starving. It has been a joy to be able to eat like a normal person again and not worry! The medication will help with not overeating or just eating INSTEAD of drinking though!

All the best and great work on two months without drinking!

Kathy
      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Working...
      X