drunk posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

drunk posts

this may be a silly suggestion, but ill put it out there for discussion. in the past ive been very guilty of posting here drunk (mostly incoherently) and i know others have too. as an site for problem drinkers (alkies) its going to happen sometimes. i know that sometimes this can upset people, especially concerns for newbies stumbling upon a drunken rant.
    would it be helpful to have a thread where people post if they are drunk. then people will know what they are letting themselves in for if they go there. i know when i have posted drunk i really needed to be here as it was the only place i felt i could go and i also understand that it can be unhelpful for others.
    now there is a point (for me anyway) that i probably wouldnt find my way to the right thread (i make a point of giving the laptop to mr spuds if i drink) but maybe others would be better at navigating than me.
    dont get me wrong, im not condoning posting drunk but i know from my own experience that it can happen.
    i dont know, what do you think
    Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
    Keep passing the open windows

drunk posts

I really don't mind drunk posts because they are often so full of angst or incoherence that it confirms I don't want to be drunk. I just feel bad for the poster and hope they sleep it off and wake up to a better day.

Comment

drunk posts

Spuddles thanks for trying to come up with a solution to please all, but I too don't think that would as Reggie points out.
      I don't mind drunk postings (God and many of you know, I've done it). I would neither encourage or discourage it, but accept it. I too feel very bad when someone feels so lonely they just want to be connected even if they are drunk. I think it may also help that poster to come back and see the "evidence" and challenge them to make changes. As for triggering someone else, yes it may do that, but all have to except responsibility for our own actions. I think it is judgment that should be barred personally. And we are all guilty of that, so I guess that it impossible too. God Bless us all on our journeys. xo

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

drunk posts

Wierd, I was thinking the same thing today Spuds ... Obviously I had a couple of vinos under the belt when the thought hit me ... But I do see the vailidity in it as on the occasion I have come "here" drunck its because of needing reassurance as well as a kick up the but!

Personally I think a "drunk thread" might be a good idea.
        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

drunk posts

I suppose a "Drunk Posting" thread would make one feel better about drunk posting. Does that serve the purpose of a recovery site? Does that serve a good purpose for the drunk poster?

Sort of like opening a bar next to the place where the AA meetings are held? That way if someone is going to drink anyway, they don't have so far to go?

I dunno....

My opinion doesn't matter as I hope to not ever be posting on a drunk thread anyway...

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

drunk posts

I personally think a drunk thread would be good (this from someone who is drunk on here alot more than they should be) not just to give people who are drunk somewhere to post drunk talk, which frankly anyone whos drunk on here will do with or without a specific thread for it, but also because I think it could be a great place for people to look when they want a reason not to drink to see the sort of rubbish us drunk people go on about. It also gives the choice - if people find hearing about drunkeness is a trigger they don't ahve to go on the thread, if people find hearing about drunken activities puts them off drinking, they can have a read and come away deterred.
            I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

drunk posts

From someone that has been here for many years and has had many streches of AFness and drinking moderately to going back to falling off the wagon altogether...

Just to re-iterate thatt I in no way condone "molly coddelin" but my thought process when I thoght a drunk thread would be a good isea is that many os us post or lurk regularly but don't say much about our drinking because of fear of being not welcome. This is obviously in our own heads and in no way a representation of the community here
              A "drunk thread" could be a sprimg board for many who come here after drinking and who really really want to change their lives to receive advice and understanding whilst still under the influence. NOT for people to just pat on them (us) on the back and say "its okay, tomorrow will be better".

Apologies for the rambling and Cinders if you are reading the spellimg mistakes are due to the damn BB again!

I think (for me) it would be really helpfull to know that I'm always welcome and deserving of the amazing advice of short term and long term AFers advice "no matter what!"
              "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

drunk posts

Would LOVE a drun-thread - never wrote a drunk thread because subscribed to MWO when I already stopped - BUT it will be so fun to read the drunk-threads - because nobody can really don't say that to a certain point you can laugh at a lot of things that you do when you're drunk!
                and
                also, from myself I know -when I'm drunk I open up much more because inhibitions are less - sometimes we can listen to some body who is drunk to hear the truth about ourselves!

The only negative thing - that we also know - you can not have a sensible conversation with a drunk person (most of the time) and that can be irritating....

Comment

drunk posts

I think drunk posting is best understood in the ASAP section. If possible when drunk and needing to reach out to those who can understand our pain I think that is the section where someone is maybe going to get the most comfort. I think the site is obviously a place for those trying to get control over their drinking. So if your drinking and desperate where can you go? I've read drunk posts in ASAP and have never ever felt offended. I have read drunk posts in other sections and have been offended... but it also had to do with me where I was in recovery etc. I'm realizing that was my problem now. If someone has a problem with drinking it is just a challenge to figure out how to deal with their own problem and others who have the same problem full stop. When someone is drunk I don't know if they can find the ASAP section.... Since finding this site I've been able to be AF the entire time.... but before that I made a mess of myself on facebook. I knew better then to write on ex boyfriends pages... or send them messages.. yeeks!!! There always were consequences though... I like the analogy of a drunk driving lane. I don't know Spuds... I think if your struggling and drunk that's when you need help ASAP. :h

Comment

drunk posts

Sorry Sheri - what you are saying is very true!

Comment

Working...
                    X