Hi from Lee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from Lee

It's been a while since I've posted but , things have been going well. Just got thru my second Art fair for the year. Hubby and I haven't had a drink since last St. Patty's day and I've lost over 20 pounds. Cholsesterol is 189 and my Dr. says I look fantastic fort 63- hmm. with spinal stenosis and herniated discs- how do you get that?!? Anyway, Both had our colonoscopies and they are good. I had my radiowave frequency treatments on my back. Don't knock it -- better than invasive surgery and it was sugested by my neurosurgeon. Actually it works!! I believe in this program whole heartedly . I am slowing down my Topomax but continuing my vitamins a occaisonal hypnotherapy--- recommend the cds for relxation to everyone--- my daughter is 43 --- going thru a divorce and needs stress relief!!! Why isn't Topiarate used more readily? I believe it should be available to more people. Doctors should be able to dispense it and should be taught more about it's capabilities as a drug other than for seizures and for migraine headaches. Why are they so afraid to dispense the drug for other uses???? It is not mind altering and not addictive. What seems to be the problem???? LeeB

Hi from Lee

Maybe my post should be moved? I've been in the program almost a year, I'm not new, I just haven't been active for a while. I've been abstinent for 10 months. Taking Topamx since april 22 with Drs. tracking and prescription -- dosing down ow back to 100mg a day. Doing fine. Never Any side affects. I know this is not a medical advice column - just giving you my results. Im tikled "pink" !!!!! Who knows I might try a drink in moderation in the future just as an experiment, I don't know yet-- haven't thought that far in advance!!!!! LeeB

Comment

Hi from Lee

Thanks for sharing your results Lee. How many mgs did you get to? I'm just about to go to 200 of topa. Am ordering on line. I have not really "met" my Dr. yet - new one through a PPO. I may make and appointment with him just for a physical and discuss this with him. I have had no noticable side affects either. The congnative stuff has always kind of been there - I have always been absent minded, forgotten words, etc and have noticed no difference with topa. My spelling stinks - always has. I've way cut down, hoping 200 will take me to abs.

I have never had physical withdrawal symptoms when I quit and often go for periods without drinking. I quit for six weeks earlier this year on my own, just by declaring it. I really can take or leave the drinking - I have a hubby who likes to drink, who is in control of it, and who has no intention of quitting. It's probably his only hobby - I have others. So I either sit home alone or go drinking with him. I know there's a happy middle road, and I'm working towards it - almost there.

I'd be interested in hearing more of your thoughts. Thanks.

Comment

Hi from Lee

Hi, Lee

Welcome back, it's great to see you again! I hope you don't remove your message/s. So many new members are interested in the experience of those who have been on the program a while. Thanks for sharing some of your details.

I hope you'll stick around. Your contribution is of great value!

Congrats on your progress. :-)

RJ
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Help keep our forum strong--make a contribution to My Way Out. Or show your support by becoming a Subscriber and enjoy enhanced features, as well!

Comment

Working...
        X