Tiny milestone - 7 days - at last!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just needed to tell someone I made it through a whole week without a drop! I know 7 days isn't a whole lot of AF time in the MWO world but at last I did it. I joined here in 2005 and enjoyed sobriety until the end of last year. I was justwantpeace and stopped coming to MWO once I was 'cured' and my life was 'in order'. I don't even know when or why I first started to consider drinking again - it just crept up on me and I thought I was bigger/better than it. Why I decided I could master the beast is beyond me but I now know for absolute certainty I can't moderate. I drink to get totally hammered, and I don't even enjoy it. I hate myself - before (trying to wrestle with my own head), during (I become someone I despise), how it makes me feel afterwards - physically but mostly mentally. So, I made a full week and feel a little bit proud. Last Wednesday was so tricky but I felt good when I crawled into bed that night and hadn't given in. What a waste of emotional energy though, having to play mind games with myself all day long....phew! Anyway, just had to tell someone who knows about my secret that I made it.
    It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
    Mother Theresa

it just keeeps gettting even better with every step keep it going and believe in yourself ... you are doing it
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

:yougo::yougo:CONGRATULATIONS ON AN AF WEEK!!!:yougo::yougo:
      I think that is a tremendous accomplishment and you should be proud!
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Nicelife, that is so wonderful that you made it through a whole week and I remember how hard that first one was, but with every sober day you have, life does just keep getting better and easier. I remember how healthy and happy I felt. I wish you the very best in your new journey to get and stay sober and discover a wonderful world that God has created for us. I'd like to invite you to come visit our family in "The Journey Begins Here...." Love ya, Vicki
        I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
        but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

Great stuff Nice Life!

Keep it going friend. And don't forget yer https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html for a bit of inspiration.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hi nicelife & congrats on your AF week

So glad you decided to rejoin MWO ~ this is a great place!
            Be proud & stick with us!
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Nicelife - congratulations! I don't think 7 days is a tiny milestone, I think it's HUGE and you have good reason to be proud. Every day AF is a victory! I'm so glad you came back and your story is a great reminder of how we need to keep on our guard. sending you good wishes and strength for the journey ahead.
              "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
              AF - JAN 1st 2010
              NF - May 1996

Comment

Thanks everyone, I truly appreciate your support/acceptance. Chillgirl, I love your signature and have it posted on my wall.....I do want to be a person I can be proud of and share with others.
                It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
                Mother Theresa

Comment

Working...
                X