Daddy issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daddy issues

I'm scared of my father. He is abusive but never leaves a mark. It's all mental. I feel twisted up inside and weird. I'm freaking out. Something is wrong with me or maybe it's him. help.

Daddy issues

Hi Choice--I'm sorry you're feeling so overwhelmed and confused. I did read your post in the other thread and it is a bit confusing. You are upset because you aren't able to meet with him yet you say you are afraid of him too. Like Sheri says maybe you could share a bit more? ((hugs to you))

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Daddy issues

Thanks for responding it is morning here and I actually feel frozen to write anymore about my dad. I've been in therapy for years regarding this issue and coped using AL without knowing it was contributing to my problem. This is the first time I've scene him since being sober. I had no idea the wave of emotion I'd be hit with and the urge to drink. I slept well because of the valume. So at least I'm not sleep deprived and can try my best to function. In the past, before I found MWO the way I feel right now would have lead me to the liquor store and I would have bought a 12 pack of beer... (usually drank beer if I was upset in the morning so I wouldn't drink it as fast as wine.) Then switch to wine after 5 pm. I use to have almost 20 hour sessions at times when I felt this way. I'm not functioning well so I'm going to handle the day as if I have the flu or something. I started this thread talking about my dad but I'm scared to. I want to see him but he hurts me. I don't understand this at all and I think that's why I'm not making since. Sometimes he's your best friend, sometimes he yells at me so loud my ears ring, sometimes he just ignores me abandons me then he's demanding. Unpredictable eggshells. I realize this makes no since... I'm just trying to start somewhere. And I need to call him in one hour.

Comment

Working...
      X