Changing Your Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing Your Life

I just read this today and I wanted to share it with you, it really made me think especially the second to last paragraph where it says if we don't make those changes now we could be the same in 1, 2, 5, 10 or 15 years later!!

Changing Your Life by Maddison

There comes a time in every one?s life, like mine right now. When you need to make changes and decide on a new path in life.

I have gone through many times of change in my life. Giving up drinking alcohol, having children, losing a job, moving and the list goes on.

Right now I am at a crossroads in my life and my future is going to be determined by what I do every day. So for me, it is important to make some changes and decide on a new path.

It is not only vocation that I need to look at. It is also attitude, habits, mindsets amongst other things that really need to be assessed.

Many people change their lives. Just a brief search on google for ?people who changed their lives? brings up headings such as:

?Stories of people who changed their lives by changing their minds?

?The books that changed your lives?

?Weight loss, How they did it, Four people who changed their lives?

and

?Make me happier, How three people changed their lives for the better?.

So you see, people are deciding to change their lives every day.

I quit drinking alcohol over 2 and a half years ago but I still see the need to assess where I am at and decide on making changes that will propel me in the direction of a future that I am looking forward too.

Why do we want to change our lives? Why not just stay the same?

Well if you wake up more days than not feeling great, leaping out of bed, eager to start the day, loving the work you do, feeling engaged with your partner, happy with the friends you have, love the way you look, enjoy the home you live in, are content with the money that you earn, feel that you have been educated as far as you want to go, pull out clothes that you love to wear, do your bit for charity, are a helpful family member and loyal friend, travelled the world, have your 401(k)) all set, retirement funds waiting for you, a clean and shiny car of your choice in the driveway and all the rest of it then you probably don?t feel that you want to change your life nor see any reason why you need too.

But, most of us don?t feel that way. I think it is good to be happy and content with what you have but I don?t feel that it is wrong to want more or better for yourself throughout the course of your life. I think this is especially true in sobriety. You have to constantly be evaluating your progress and the actions that you are taking to create the life that you want to live.

I can hear people saying ?but what about this and what about that? and I know that life throws all kinds of problems our way that we feel helpless to do anything about but we can not let those things determine the rest of our lives.

Why? because if life sucks now and you don?t do anything about it, then life is surely going to suck even worse in 1, 2, 5, 10, and 15 years later.

This was something I was thinking about today and I wanted to share with you. Are you doing anything to change your life today?

Share and Enjoy:

Tags: changing your life in sobriety, life change, Quit Drinking Alcohol, Sobriety

This entry was posted on Monday, April 11th, 2011 at 9:10 am and is filed under Get Sober.
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Changing Your Life

Wonderful what food for thought.

Comment

Changing Your Life

That is awesome....thank you, Panno, for sharing that.
      Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

Changing Your Life

Very good indeed.

Comment

Changing Your Life

Love it Panno! Thank you, if we are not changing, we are not growing....
          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
          AF - JAN 1st 2010
          NF - May 1996

Comment

Changing Your Life

Great post Panno - really makes you stop and think.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Working...
            X