Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tomorrow (April 21) is my birthday...time to move on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all,

If you don't mind, I'd like to bend your ears for a little bit. Lost my job a month ago, and my company is fighting my unemployment. I have a good case, i.e. excellent work record, exemplary reviews, etc., but it will probably come down to he said/she said. Been on an emotional roller coaster ever since...hyper and optimistic one day, depressed and sleepy the next.

I did a good stint sober when things at work were getting really tough, but as the unemployment situation started looking more bleak (as well as the frustration I could see in my husband's eyes due to our financial situation), I went off the wagon. (Stoopid, I know.)

Just here to announce that TOMORROW IS MY 49TH BIRTHDAY, and I am celebrating it SOBER! I got a great (freelance) job opportunity from someone that I've worked with before. It could snowball into a lot of clients. Unemployment *could* come through, which would give us breathing room and stave off our potential eviction.

It's up to me, and only me, with the support of family, loved ones, and friends like you.

Please send me your prayers for a successful sober day on my birthday, as well as for the days and challenges that follow? I am so grateful to be in such a caring community.

Thanks,
    Nichau.
    "The Pessimist complains about the wind; the Optimist expects it to change; the Realist adjusts the sails."

—William A. Ward

nichau - we are almost twins!! I am 49 on Saturday (23rd) and I also plan to celebrate it sober!

You are in a great community and you don't need prayers for a sober day - you need determination!! Uncertainty in work stuff is hard, but it sounds like you have a number of opportunities ahead of you.

What are you doing to celebrate your birthday??? I have big plans!!! Most of which involve treating myself shamelessly :H:H
    Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Hello Nichau and Miss B! Birthday triplets .. mine is the 30th, 48. Nichau, been there w/ the employment situation .. I did win and get benefits. Hope to get to know the two of you .. trying to get my life back together as well
      :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Happy birthday guys!

Mine is in May (I'll be 48) and I plan to ring it in sober as well! Sometimes when things seem to all be going wrong it's good to know there is one thing you can control -- and that is your sobriety. It helps put the power back in your court! We can do it!

Comment

Nichau, I am sorry to hear that you are going through some very trying times. Your decision to face this moment in your life, sober, is a great one. Being sober, and focused, and optimistic will only help you in these difficult days. I am thinking of you, all the best, you can do it,
          Hill
          Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Nichau,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY first and foremost! Things seem to be looking up for your and your head is in the right place!

I find it interesting that a lot of us here are all around the same age! I turn 49 in June - does anyone think that maybe we have just reached this age in our life (call it mid-life crisis or whatever) and have decided to make a change for the better?

Nichau - hope you have a wonderful day and treat yourself to something special!
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Happy Happy Birthday to all of you! Sending sober thoughts and prayers your way. It's hard, but worth it. Remember you guys are LOVED and AWESOME!
              February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Happy Birthday, Nichau!
                It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Please send me your prayers for a successful sober day on my birthday, as well as for the days and challenges that follow? I am so grateful to be in such a caring community.
                  Prayers sent.

Please avail yourself of the help out "there" to help you past this time. My daughter went through similar mortgage issues and if you Google, you will find there is help to get you past this. She is doing fine now and mortgage all caught up and paid.

You can do this, too. Especially if you are sober.

Cindi
                  AF April 9, 2016

Comment

ps Happy Birthday!!
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Happy birthday!

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Lot of april birhdays around, mine was last monday (49)

So happy birthdays everyone,

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Happy birthday! :bday7: I am sorry to read of your troubles. For me, sober is the only way to go - I need a clear head to navigate life. AL just makes a good situation bad, and a bad situation much much worse.

DG
                          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

You are so right DG! I had a feeling of pure joy this morning as soon as I woke up - just to be able to do so feeling clear headed. I have an incredibly selfish day planned!! It involves major pampering and I have the bathroom booked out for the whole morning :H:H

And happy birthday for last week Marioman! Another almost twin!!

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

:bday3: Happy Birtday Nichau & wishing you the best navigating your way through the unemployment/job troubles! A clear head is best, always

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                              X