X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 22nd April

Hi opal

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Army Thread 22nd April

Morning Molly. Aye its good to bounce thoughts, ideas etc off some one else, especially someone you know you can trust.

Comment

Army Thread 22nd April

mollika;1103140 wrote: Tabbers, some of hubs stories bout the 'christian' brothers actually haunt me. He wasn't sexually abused or anything, but holey shit he was seriously physically and emotionally abused. The shite that went on in Ireland courtesy of the catholic church is very scary, and he was a very vulnerable young fellow from a seriously dysfunctional home, how he turned out 'normal' is a miracle - but jeez he's had his problems, just never faced them.
        I know not all of them were animals but were i went to school most of them were and looking back seemed to take pleasure out of caning and beatings,and these were masters as well

Comment

Army Thread 22nd April

Hello Mario.
          I'm in kinda the same boat Molly only the mates/workmates turned into back stabbing ba$%^$%d's when the shit hit and I can nearly see their anticipation of a fall from grace over this weekend. All I can say is, with the help of ye lot, they'll be waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Army Thread 22nd April

Yep been there saw that too Molly, problem for me was I was a stubborn little fecker and wouldnt let them get the better of me. Resulted in some right vicious smacks.
            They had their own leather straps made from several layers of thick leather sown together into maybe 1 1/5" thick straps maybe 12" long with a shape to enable a good grip. These things were manufactured purely to use for corporal punishment of small children. Several lashes across the outstretched hand for minor offenses was common. One particular creature used to enjoy causing the pain and his face would light up when he struck out and saw the tears coming. I do remember quite clearly trying to deny him that pleasure so he 'accidentally' struck out hard across my upturned wrist. That brought the tears alright.
            Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Army Thread 22nd April

Mollyka thats another hidden Ireland, As far as i know the sucide rate in Ireland is around 500 + a year,it it gets hidden even now, Imo there should be a lot more done to educate everybody about it like in the drink driving ads.

Comment

Army Thread 22nd April

Morning Opal,

I'm honestly finding this fascinating about the Christian brothers. I've got a story about The Little Sisters of the Poor, when I volunteered at the local orphanage a long long time ago but I'm being dragged out to buy food.

Bacinabit.
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 22nd April

But I forgive him now, he must have been a deeply unhappy and troubled man.

Hiya Opal, lovely to see you.

Comment

Army Thread 22nd April

Mollyka thats another hidden Ireland, As far as i know the sucide rate in Ireland is around 500 + a year,it it gets hidden even now, Imo there should be a lot more done to educate everybody about it like in the drink driving ads.
                    Sure suicide victims used not be allowed to be buried on consecrated ground. Doesnt happen any more but used to.

Comment

Army Thread 22nd April

It is changing ktab but maybe a tad to slow.500 people a year is disturbing

Comment

Army Thread 22nd April

Just had to chase a wasp out of my bedroom, the size of it. i was swinging all over the place. got some buzz out of it.

Comment

Army Thread 22nd April

hiya
                          It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

Army Thread 22nd April

Hello again Troopers.

Good to see you Opal.

I seem to have dropped into the middle of a serious discussion here. Not much to add since in Canada we all went to a public school. If some child badly misbehaved, they would get hit on the palms of their hands with a strap or ruler. That was the extent of the punishment. Painful and embarrassing but nothing long lasting. We did have a couple of teachers who were downright mean and would pick on the weaker students. In spite of the fact that I liked their classes because they were good at teaching, I disliked them for the demeaning way they spoke to the slower kids.

Molly, I agree about talking to work mates. You really never know who you can trust unless you know them really well. It's wise not to jeopardize your job by telling someone something they could use against you at some point. Trust is a delicate thing and unfortunately as far as the work place goes, I've had my share of back-stabbing, etc. in the past. Best to open up only to friends you know will keep it to themselves.

:hallo: Zeppie.
                            For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Army Thread 22nd April

Just had to chase a wasp out of my bedroom, the size of it. i was swinging all over the place. got some buzz out of it.
                              Groan.....

Thats nothing there was a bumble bee the size of my head in the front room yesterday and I had to wrestle him around the floor for five mins to get him to leave because he was banging into the glass and I was afraid he would smash a window........now that was some buzz man....beat that

Comment

Army Thread 22nd April

Hello Zeppie, hows you?

Comment

Working...
                                X