Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 22nd April

I'm off to bed, have a great day everyone
    It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

Army Thread 22nd April

Zeppie2;1103215 wrote: thanks stirls - we prob aren't getting back together but it's nice to clear the air - things had become very tense between us and now we have worked all that out.
      :goodjob: zeppie :goodjob:

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Army Thread 22nd April

Zeppie2;1103212 wrote: KT - you are so wise.
        Hardly, but thanks anyway.

stirly-girly;1103213 wrote:
        Am outta here folksies - off to the shops for supplies. Catch up with youz laterz.

See ya Stirly

Recluse;1103214 wrote:
        Morning everyone, happy Good Friday,

Slightly grumpy reccie reporting for duty - only got 3 hours sleep. :upset:

Some serious subjects being discussed here today.

Marioman, why don't you get yourself off to the docs and see what s/he has to say about why you're feeling shite?

Had the whacks at school a few times - a cane or a slipper on the bum. Don't think it did me much harm but nowadays the teachers would've been prosecuted for assault. Trouble is it makes it harder for teachers to impose discipline in schools and sometimes that shows in the way kids behave these days.

Totally agree with ktab's comments about anger and stirly's comments on them.
        Hi Reccie, I was reading the toolbox and came across a quote which made sense to me about always posting, hang on and I will find it.

mollyka;1103216 wrote:
        Fell asleep as I was gettin out of bed - hate that! Anyway I agree with you 100% Ktab, until I let my anger at my sisters go, I was on a complete waste of time trying to give up drink HATE - ANGER =DRINK that's the way it worked, it nearly gave me an excuse, now I just pity them. However if someone had been brutal to me in school (actually was madly bullied in boarding school at 9) that was an authority figure, I would find that very hard to forgive - actually I don't forgive, but I just let it go ------
        As I said earlier Molly, I think the man who caused such pain then was a troubled man and lead a very unhappy life. I feel no more anger, just pity for him now. Imagine going through your life getting pleasure from hurting others? Much better to be a giver, you would get twice as much back.
        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Army Thread 22nd April

Wise words ktab

Comment

Army Thread 22nd April

have to leg it bacinabit

Comment

Army Thread 22nd April

Here you go Reccie, I really hope Reteacher doesnt mind my quoting this brilliantly insightful post:

"I think that, for me, I must keep foremost in my mind that I have a serious drinking problem. I have not been nor can I ever be a normal drinker. Therefore, it's imperative that I come here to MWO regularly (for me every day) in order to share the common struggle of giving up AL. This community is essential in my growth as a very newly sober person.

Sometimes (not on this forum), I have read posts written by people who say they need a break from MWO, because all they think about is their alcohol problem if they come here every day. I need to think about my alcoholism every day. If I don't, I begin to think I can have "just one." Or that I "deserve a reward." I need daily reminders (at this point at least) that I have a serious drinking problem that I must deal with on a daily basis.

Admitting that doesn't take the fun out of life. It puts my life back into my own hands. I can't imagine what I would do wo/all of you out there. You are my special friends. Those are not empty words. My eyes were not opened about myself until I joined MWO."

Could have been written for me.

Comment

Army Thread 22nd April

It's a good post ktabs, especially the bit about "I need to think about my alcoholism every day". I find it helpful to see people here on a daily basis who have managed to get themselves off the booze. Makes me think I might be able to do it too one day.

Comment

Army Thread 22nd April

You will, as will I, of that I have no doubt. Never give up hope, especially on what is achievable.

Very serious thread this morning, so I posted a joke, go have a look.

Now I really need to get some more work done, laters folks.

Comment

Army Thread 22nd April

Going to look at your joke ktab,

Hi recluse,

Comment

Army Thread 22nd April

Hiya Mario - 'fraid I'm gonna get off my bum and go and do something useful for a change. Catch you later.

Comment

Army Thread 22nd April

See ya recluse, laters

Comment

Army Thread 22nd April

Good morning all. Busy day today again getting ready for Easter. Singing at Good Friday Mass this afternoon. Always a bittersweet mass. Hope everyone is well.
                          February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Army Thread 22nd April

Hi wagoneer have a nice day :-)

Comment

Army Thread 22nd April

mollyka;1103216 wrote: Fell asleep as I was gettin out of bed - hate that!
                              :H:Hmollyka how you do that tell us.

Comment

Army Thread 22nd April

Hi Reggie - nice to see you drop by!

Hello Troopers - hope you're all enjoying the sun - I am so won't stay long, just wanted to wish you all a Happy Easter and big hug from me and Monkey

EW
                                If you can't have one drink, don't have any - My Nan

Comment

Working...
                                X