How are we doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How are we doing?

It's a long weekend and in the UK we have a 2nd long weekend for the Royal Wedding!
    How's everyone coping?

How are we doing?

Long weekends used to be a GREAT excuse for me to drink! No more - because there are simply no good reasons to drink. Period.

It was great to start the day unhung. And go for a nice 5K walk/run. Then spend some nice time with family. And do all of it with a clear mind and unslurred speech. And know I'll remember it all tomorrow.

I will get up tomorrow and repeat! I hope you will too.

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

How are we doing?

Hi little sister,

How doing you

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

How are we doing?

because there are simply no good reasons to drink. Period.

this is very true Doggygirl. New to sobriety really but enjoying it except for a few blips when I return to drinking thinking and have to remind myself of the above.
        Turn all your lemons into lemonade

Comment

How are we doing?

Hello -- yes I have to say for me this 4-day weekend has been somewhat taxing. I had some cravings at the beginning of the weekend, and also a sense of "what now". What do I do with all this newfound time? I guess I just need to continue adjusting.

I'm actually kind of relieved to be headed back to work tomorrow and glad I don't have the Royal wedding 4-day weekend to contend with here in the US! And as an added bonus my British co-workers will be off (I work for a British company) so I will have fewer e-mails and phone calls to deal with!

Comment

How are we doing?

Hi there, I absolutely love the long weekend. Without drinking, the weekend seems so much longer. Have you noticed that Little Sister? Being from Canada, it is a big deal, the up-coming wedding, much buzz across the whole country. Live coverage for us starts at 3AM on Friday.
            Take care, and I hope you are well,
            Hill
            Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

How are we doing?

Like DG said, no reason to poison oneself and wake up on the 5th day feeling like you've been eating old burnt tires the last 4 days. And to TRULY enjoy all that free time in this beautiful time of year.
              sigpic
              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

How are we doing?

I started the post because I just wanted to connect to people.

How has my weekend been? A mixture really. Some days totally alcohol free and others where I've had more than I should. Better than previous years but not what I'd hoped.
                Reading all your posts. Yes to wake up hangover free would be wonderful but it takes something out of me and my current situation I'm unable to give and all that's left is a feeling of failure..

Comment

How are we doing?

LS, glad you're reaching out, connecting. You have to decide what you REALLY want from this, and in life. Sobriety is important, and there comes a time when it becomes a real problem, a health hazard, a social destroyer. But keep talking, thinking, and reading, being involved.
                  Ruby
                  sigpic
                  Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                  awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Working...
                  X