Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm still here =P

Hi everyone!
    I thought i'd just check in as i haven't for a while. I'm still here.. still sober =P Although i did have to make a speech at my best friends wedding and was given a glass of champaign just as i made a toast.. i was handed the glass to raise ect ect.. spilt second desion... i had the smallest sip you could imagine, i don't think i even swolled,it just touched my lips so i guess it really doesn't count BUT one good thing has come out of it.. i no longer count the days, months and weeks. I just go on and on without thinking about it as i don't know whether to count that or not so what the hell, no point counting anymore.

I have to say, although i've only had 3 hours sleep last night, even tho im still not at work (being forced to take sick leave until they find me a position i can do without manual handling) Even tho the house purchase IS STILL NOT COMPLETED, although close.. very close, contacts signed, just waiting to exchange... I'm doing amazily. I'm loving life! i've had bad news as well, my son has got to have key hole heart surgery, he's only one year old bless him but he has a whole inhis heart that needs closing. Instead of doing what i used to do.. down my sorrows with drink.. i just let my emtions flow.. i cried constantly for 2 full days and then done my reasearch and now feel very positive about the situation. Well as positive as you can.

I'm soaking up the love from my 2 babies =P sucking up all the energy and happiness they boom out and enjoying my life. It's been well over 6 months since i last had a real drink, since i was last drunk, since i last stayed awake in the middle of the night loathing myself, hating myself, since i lied to hubby, begged for his forgivness,since i felt like a shit mother and i would NEVER EVER EVER GO BACK, never! I love it. I love life. yes, it shit at times, it's hard, it's tiring, it's constant work but when you live it and embrase it without AL, it's truely beautiful.

Anyway, i'm just posting incase anyone had wondered where i was and also to say HI to all my lovely people out there. I hope everyone is doing good and enjoying this beautiful weather..

well i better go... washing, ironing,housework and a cv to do BUT A CUP OF TEA FIRST..

BYE XXX

i'm still here =P

Congratulations on 6 months- lil .michelle!
    It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

i'm still here =P

Hi lil.michelle and congratulations.

I passed the 5 month mark last week and feel fantastic. I love the time I spend with my kids now and enjoy just being in the moment - if that makes sense. Before giving up alcohol I seemed to always be wishing the hours away so that I could have a drink in the evening.

I have a friend coming over tonight who I haven't seen in a year and I am looking forward to her reaction when she sees how healthy I am looking (and 28lbs lighter!). She is flying in late and 6 months ago that would have wound me up as I was missing out on drinking time - funny how much of our lives we wasted to drink.

Anyway congratulations on your achievement and getting through such a difficult time. Hope your little man is ok too x
      AF since 23/11/2010

Comment

i'm still here =P

Well done lil michelle, Glad you posted was wondering were you got to,glad your not drinking and keeping your life together, all the best :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

i'm still here =P

Good to see you sweetie I am laying low as of late myself. Not drinking either. Just kind of blah though.
          February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

i'm still here =P

Michelle, good work on being over 6 months AF. That's fantastic considering what you've gone through with your son. Wishing him all the best on his surgery. Doctors do miracles these days and I'm sure all will go just fine. We'll be waiting for the good news when the surgery is over. :huggy
            For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

i'm still here =P

hi lil m, where there 's a will there is a way,6months or 60 years,it is all the same, i for one do believe you have found the rite way to look at it,the children will help, maybe even a partner but you my dear have to make the difference, i for one am very happy for you,what's the old saying, you've come a loong way baby gyco

Comment

i'm still here =P

L.M...

God, your reaction to the circumstances with your baby son makes me so proud of you and your resolve. I really hope everything works out well for your son and your family. You're an inspiration, I can't tell you.

x
                med+c

Comment

Working...
                X