Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A real newbie!

Hi all,

I went to my Doctor last week -- after having what I call a "k-ching" moment about my drinking (hence the cashregister). I was not drinking alot, but I am on other meds that didn't help and I really wanted to get my life back in some kind of control.

I have been on campral for a week - the Doc suggested that as a way of staying off it for a while until the rest of my life becomes more settled and then perhaps moderate afetr that - but I am having a ball!

All the K-ching moments I have had in one week. Like how to enjoy an evening with my daughter without stressing, how it feels to do something great at work and not have to get blind afterwards to celebrate, how to wake up in the morning and go for a walk because I feel good.

Boy do I hope this keeps up.

You lot seem like a lovely bunch, and I have been lurking for a while. Thanks for posting your msg Tawny - it has been a little daunting thinking about posting recently.

I am glad I am here and have come out of the totally virtual.

Thanks for listening (reading)

cashy[/SIZE][/FONT]
    "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

A real newbie!

Well, that all sounds really good, Cashy.

Happy for you. So is there anything we can help you with or do you just want to hang? This is a good place to be.

:welcome: and don't be scared to post. In fact, post "till" your heart's content! (Taking liberties with your Cashregister name)

Comment

A real newbie!

Hi Ya Cash

Welcome mate... we are here to support you.. well done with everything... sounds like you are on top of things... look forward to meeting you in chat sometime..

Cheers

Wattle
      Failure is not the falling down... it's the staying down

Comment

A real newbie!

Welcome Cashy, :welcome:

Glad you are here, and well done on your week. If you are feeling good now just think how good you will feel as time goes on, it just keeps getting better, and do keep on posting.

Take care of yourself. :thumbs:

Louise.
        A F F L..
        Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

A real newbie!

Thanks guys

Thanks heaps for the warm welcome!

I really appreciate what you are doing here and I will post "till" my hearts delight I reckon! But, just started a new full-time job yesterday and need to concentrate on that for a while, so may be a bit unpredictable for a few weeks - and then there is Xmas to deal with - groan! I am just trying to put it out of my mind

Cheers

Cash

Comment

A real newbie!

Welcome Cashy,
            Good luck with it all.
            We're all here for you, mate
            Stollies1

Comment

A real newbie!

Cash;

Congratulations on your success!:l
              Brandy

Comment

A real newbie!

Hiya Cash,

Your right...You have found a great place..

I love the name....I think your gonna fit in well..

All the best with this...Macks.
                I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

A real newbie!

Welcome Cash!
                  Hawk

Comment

A real newbie!

C'ching!

Welcome Cash!:welcome:

One other C'ching moment, that's the money you are NOT spending on alcohol!

Keep up the good work. Sounds like you have a handle.

Best,

Ivy

Comment

A real newbie!

Welocme with the very best of wishes.
                      Meow-Meow
                      MonaKitty

Comment

A real newbie!

Hey Cash Welcome aboard! You already are doing great!

Comment

A real newbie!

Wow, what a welcome.

I didn't want to give the impression that all is perfect - in fact it can be bloody hard at this time of year - so many invitations, I feel like i've given up lollies and everyones asking me to the lolly shop. Spoke to my P-doc yesterday and he suggested that I have a couple on Xmas day - be kind to myself. He is under the impression that I have not reached the stage of "dependence" yet - I on the other hand am not so sure about that, and having grown up with an alcoholic (adopted) mother, want to make absolutely sure!

What would be the advice from you guys??

To drink (in moderation) or to agonise through Xmas???

Love to hear what you think.

Cash (and yep there's certainly more in the pocket at the moment!)

Comment

A real newbie!

Welcome Cash, Great to have ya on board and Merry Christmas - Kim
                            Yesterday I dared to struggle. Today I dare to win!!

Comment

Working...
                            X