Underoo's and guests, May 1st, 2011.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curling up on the lounge with a bad cat. Talk about personality complexus plus - the cat I am talking about. Catch you later all, Nighters Bridgie and Reggie. Hugs to selves.

Comment

Nothing appealing at all tonight on the old box.
      Nice early night methinks
      Night all.
      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

sunshinetoday;1121479 wrote: K kids,
        I guess I might head off to the shower, made it to the gym today. I am supposed to go out tonight for an acquaintances birthday. Normally I am all about staying in, and I am now, but I always flake so I will go. I wouldn't mind a shimmy or two on the dance floor. I'm sure someone will pressure me to drink but I know I won't.
        I'm going to copy and paste what I put in the nest and put it here: So just tried to have a talk with hubs about the mod drinking. I am not planning anything, just putting it out there. Well, that talk ended poorly. The talk turned into if I ever drank again it would mean all the time I spent not drinking was for nothing. He later took this back when I brought this to his attention that it is a bull statement. Then he kept only relating my drinking to how it affects him or us, mostly him, nothing about how AL affects me. I think I was feeling he was being selfish. Then he got upset and started raising his voice while I maintained calm, and decided he didn't want to talk. Then when he wanted to talk 5 minutes later I said no thank you, I need to wait until I am not upset by the way you are speaking to me. I am not sure why I am so upset by his reaction, and why he can not have a simple conversation with me about AL when I have been spending a lot of time and effort into bettering myself by being AF. I feel a bit frustrated, going to head to the gym and come back and repost. Just needed to an outlet for my frustration. I guess people who have not been in our shoes do not know the commitment that it takes, the work you have to invest into yourself, and your future. I like drinking, I do, but I do not like what I become, what I feel, or what it does to me. It certainly dissipates your health, your mental state, and your self respect. Thanks for letting me vent. I know no one understands better than people here the frustrations that sometimes come along. Thank you.

Feedback welcome. Hope I am not over sharing.
        Evening folk's,

Nope, not oversharing at all i wouldn't think. That's what we're here for. I suppose it's difficult for anyone else to understand the committment, and effort we make, and it takes, to reclaim our lives. Regardless, we just have to carry on, and do what we have to do. For me, this is a very personal journey, and one we can only do ourselves. Keep it going Sunny, and keep up the good work. The sober life get's better and better, we just have to be patient, keep going, and have faith in our efforts.

Now, a little touch up with the Nair, and i'll be ready for my imaginary friends.

Night all.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hey ya kiddos, probably all sleeping peacefully.
          Just got home from our local venue. I'll tell you it's been awhile since I've been out, and definitely since I've been where older people hang out supa late. I was the only non drinker in my group. I had so many laughs tonight. There was a man with his beer who was turning his head to look at women, and had to hold his head in his hand when it turned to far. I'm pretty sure he was 90 years old. It was classic. There were a few more other classic lurkers. Some very bad cover songs were enjoyed by most, all in all, everyone had fun. Except for a drunk girl who tried to kiss me. No thank you very much. So home now. Even drove by a cop while I clearly was exceeding the speed limits, but he just kept going. Have lovely dreams everyone.:h

Mr. G, do you play in a band that plays all cover songs? (Please say NO.):H

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Brrrr..... too cold to go out there yet.
            Even the chickens are still asleep.

So here is my internet lurkage` offering for this morning

How To Make An Upside Down Tomato Planter ? Curbly | DIY Design Community ? Keywords: gardening, inverted, tomato, planter

And I think we must all have one.
            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

There she is!

Morning Bridge, and morning Roo's,

No covers here Sunny. Write my own stuff, but i do pull out a version of 'Boom sha la la lo' now and again.

Orf to catch the bus! WTF! Have a great day everyone, and well done on your AF night Sunny!

Wonder what Bridget's up to today? Plantage?

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1121830 wrote: Brrrr..... too cold to go out there yet.
                Even the chickens are still asleep.

So here is my internet lurkage` offering for this morning

How To Make An Upside Down Tomato Planter ? Curbly | DIY Design Community ? Keywords: gardening, inverted, tomato, planter

And I think we must all
                have one.
                Its top of the garden plan today! Cant wait to wake up mr hp and tell him!

Gotta speak to Missy re cat. Or Mrs Google. Either plopping on my head - with body - from a height or chewing on my arm. For food or cuddles. And the locusts did my filing on the office floor yesterday and he went beserk, trying to attack them. I think he thinks the office is his as he sits on the back rest of my chair most days while I work. Cheesuz twice. Also had a coffee pre dance pick up so didnt sleep so good, Sunnygirl I dont know how you do it.

Well morning with the Sallies for Red Shield and then thinking of going to a street market this arvo. Competitive eh Bridge?

Comment

Morning people,

Well I've been talking to Mrs Google since 6am which seems to be the daily routine and I wonder - what did I used to do in the mornings before I had the innernet? Hmmm.

Monthly little Farmers Market for me today. Shall report on purchases upon my return.

Now for a quick stroll around the chook forum ...

Comment

A stunning morning here, still and cold and gloriously blue skies. Have been to the markets and stocked up on veg for the week, plus fish for a seafood chowder tonight. Yum. And kaffir limes, which I have become addicted to since discovering them a month or so back. Plus an organic lemon/honey/ ginger mix .Tried out a new cafe with big wide open doors that look out onto the harbour and did a mean breakfast! Also it is in the free wi-fi zone, so I can take my i-pad down there and get onto MWO on the weekend and not have to come into work!!

Bridge I'm intrigued by the upside down tomato plant!! I may have to try one this summer! in the mean time I'm enjoying the prospect of irises, ranunculus, crocus and hyacinth in the next couple of months - they are all doing really well.

Happy, how old is the cat?? Our sole disciplinary technique is a spray bottle with water in it. Any time any of the cats does something they shouldn't they get sprayed. It usually doesn't take more than a couple of goes for them to get the message. (Although Wookie is not past a bit of deliberate misbehavior when he wants us to know that he is pissed off :H:H)
                    Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Hello Missy......are you still there ?
                      It's so good to have your little pink head back around.
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

It's getting a bit like this at this stage today, but onwards I go.
                        It'll be an early quit today though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLexgOxsZu0[/video]]YouTube - ‪Bruno Mars - The Lazy Song [Official Video]‬‏
                        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning Rooers,
                          I thought about going to the markets, and with all the talk from you guys I am going to jet over to them. Either 30 minutes to the biggest ones, or 5 to the local. I would have slept longer but parentals called only to say they will call later. OKay.... cat. Cats have very strong personalities. They are definitely the rulers of the household or so they think. I think I've had around 15 cats so far. Mom used to bring home strays, soon I was doing the same. My parents still have four cats and two dogs. Well, will enjoy coffee and take some action on the day.
                          Cheerio!

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1121906 wrote: It's getting a bit like this at this stage today, but onwards I go.
                            It'll be an early quit today though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLexgOxsZu0[/video]]YouTube - ‪Bruno Mars - The Lazy Song [Official Video]‬‏
                            I feel like that most days!:H

Comment

yes Bridge - still here ....... but that's only because I'm in at work trying to finish a report that needs to be completed by the end of tomorrow!!

I feel like Bruno Mars too ..........

We got some cheap videos yesterday and watched them last night ...... anyone remember "The Young Ones"?? :H:H
                              Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

I'm baaaaaack!

Went to the market. It's on the 4th Sunday of the month. NOT the LAST Sunday of the month.

I am an addle-pated ninnyhammer.

Comment

Working...
                                X