The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!! for may

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

come one come all OK ! Let's get our asses in Gear !
    It's may .....are we ready
    The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!!
    so please come here ask for help ,vent ,scream and yell here before you pick up the drink ..
    i want everyone who comes into this thread know that.. here we don't judge and i would like to say this to any lurker's out there ....come in all are welcome
    WE ARE HERE FOR THE SAME REASON .. TO LEARN HOW TO LIVE WITHOUT ""ALCOHOL""... AND THAT MEANS TO TALK ABOUT WHAT WE ARE GOING THUR ,IN LIFE AND SOMETIMES WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT THE PAST.. BUT TO LOOK AT IT AND LEARN FROM IT
    so just do your best and handle what life give you sober that's all you can do at times ..and remember we are here for one another..
    so lets do this together and Move forward living life on life's terms ...
    so lets be thankful and count our blessing ..put the past behind us and learn from our mistakes and this pray helps me.. when i feel down and things aren't going as well as i would want them to go ok just kidding here the one but i do have to say god at times
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

tlrgs,

Thanks for starting this wonderful thread. I will be back in May! I plan to have a sober month.

Comment

kool lucky and welcome just give it your best and come here vent anything to keep you sober.. we are a grweat support group here and hop on in .. and would love to get to know ya .. have a great night and again welcome to the thread

Comment

Hi Lucky- welcome to here, and us - we are a great group and it is always nice to see a new face in addition to the old ones like ruby's. (she is the old lady of the group and forgets to take her meds sometimes, but is really nice anyway).

I am off to bed now - have a great evening everyone, see you all tomorrow,

Love, Sun XX
        How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Hey!! It's May!!! Let's hope our regulars have a MUCH better, healtheir, SOBER month, and all those who join us will stay and become part of this wonderful group of people. Remember, anyone thinking about posting, we've been there and done that, have the scars and bad memories to prove it, too. And also, it you start, and mess up later, don't be afraid or embarrassed to jump right back on here and let us help you any way we can.

sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Hey Rubes - well done on not commenting on my post - or did those old eyes not notice it?

hugs to you anyway!

love, Sun XX
            How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Goodmorning everyone, it's hard to believe it is May.

I am beat. Last night I worked a charity dinner/raffle/auction event for our local high school, and than I DJ'd the dance after. It went late, but it was a huge success and fundraisor. I have to be honest, there were moments when I looked at the dance floor, and felt jealous. I don't think I was jealous of how other people were drinking (and I was not), and I didn't feel an unusual urge to drink. I think I was jealous of the friendships that some people had and displayed while dancing and after several drinks. Sometimes the comraderie and letting loose with drinking, is something that I am jealous of. I am slowly learning to do these things sober, and it is coming along, but I guess it takes time.

I hope you are all well, and have a nice Sunday.

Hill
              Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

I am in for the month of May. Goal -- one month, no alcohol. Have to do it his time.
                Free at Last
                "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
                http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

Good Morning Hill - I understand how you felt watching those people - but in the long run, you know you are doing the right thing. I agree with you, that people who are drinking, dancing etc., do seem to be having a great time!! It is hard when we have done the same thing for all of our adult life, to have to change. I am so proud of the way that you have.

Good Morning Free - and good for you on being in for a month. We will be here for you - pop in whenever!! Quitin - how are you today? Ruby - you up yet?? Everyone else? It is so quiet here today. It is Sunday so I am going to call my mum then try and get out in the garden before the rain comes (if it does).

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone - hugs to you all,

Love, Sun XX

Comment

...And here iam aswell-hoping to make it a good one

Comment

good morning .. everyone ... welcome free at last ...well hope everyone finds may to be an awesome month and may all your prayers be answer ... have a wonderful day enjoy stay strong and shifti ng forward and thinking positive

Comment

Well, that was quite silly - I posted on APRIL!! Anyhoo, here's the post.........

Where is everyone today?? I was up at a sparrows fart, off for breakfast, then to Lowes to get plants. I think I actually woke up at Lowes.
                        Guess what? Hubs has already been researching underground shelters, and wants to take a drive one day to look at them. Birdie, how far are you from Leesburg? Would LOVE to meet you somewhere for lunch if at all possible!! Let me know, and I'll let you know when (if) we're coming.
                        Garden is calling (or wait, that's Hubs whine!) so I'll check back later.
                        sigpic
                        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Swannie! Rog! Lovely to see you both - Swannie - how are you feeling today? Did you try and get out in the garden? rog - hope you have a good day today. And that you are feeling better too,

Hugs to you both,

love, Sun XX

Comment

hey everybody, planning myself an AF May and have actually been waiting for the month to change so I can join in a monthly thread xD 7 days down, 38 to go to meet my target!
                            I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Sunshine and all - made it thru sat and should be fine for today too. Im working with a new book recommended to me by my coach called 7 Tools to Beat Addiction which I found more to my personal taste. So we'll see how it goes - the point is to work your goals and values against AL and get yourself back in charge. The mind is powerful, it got us into this mess and by golly it can get us out of it too! Have a great day in May. Ive got pieces of April but its a morning in May.......

Comment

Working...
                              X