The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!! for may

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rubywillow;1115179 wrote: Backing out a bit from so much posting on my part. You guys do really well without me hanging over you all the time.
    Ruby- it won't be the same here if you're not posting...so get back in here!
    It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Good Morning Fluff and SST - well, goodnight SST - this is always so weird. I could always tell when Hubs had had more than he should - there was an awful smell permeating from him - it made the whole room smell. The girls would comment on it too - fortunately he has cut down to the extent that I haven't smelled that in a while. But yes, I can always smell when he has been drinking - and he uses mouth wash and all the rest of it - I have never tried to hide my drinking so don't know if he thought the same... oh and Hubs made an in-road into the Guinness in the fridge! Guess I should have taken it out :H:H

Fluff - glad the lobster roll was good - and hope your weather is better today - ours is actually sunny right now, but rain is heading in. I did plant my carrots in the rain yesterday - was determined they would go in!! LOL

Good Morning to everyone else on their way here - I am off to Monday Morning meeting. Back later,

hugs to you all,

Sun XXX
      How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Good morning (and evening ), folks! Cleared away brush and trees at wood tick holler yesterday. Not sore at all today -maybe it'll hit me later. I had to remove one tick from my upper thigh. Part of his head was left in my leg, so I had to dig it out. At least the well drilling guys have plenty of room to work in. We were out there working for five and a half hours!

Comment

Many of you know and respect Rusty 576, who posts almost exclusively on chat. Her area of Canada (and I'm sorry, I don't remember exactly where) is suffering from devastating wildfires. She just posted that at least 30% of her town has been destroyed, and she's helping with relief efforts. When I was 8, we lost everything when our house burned, and for several agonizing hours, we thought my Daddy had been inside. It leaves permanent scars, on the land and in our hearts. Please keep her and all the people there in your thoughts and prayers.
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

good morning ... sounds like everyone is doing great .. but we have some MIA'S please check in when you can .... well got to get doing something around this house today and make sure everything is up and out of the way ... love and big hugs later gator
            :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
            best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Praying for you, Rusty. :h

Comment

Me too....praying for you and your town, Rusty!
                Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

Morning all!!!

SST - I'm reading 'What the Night Knows' right now. I have't downloaded any of the Dean Koontz or Stephen King onto my kindle yet. I collect their books in hardback.

Very interesting comments about the smell of the alcohol. Yep - I wasn't kidding anyone but myself. Sigh......

Have a wonderful day everyone!!!!!!:h:h
                  "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Oh gosh - poor Rusty - yes, I have spoken with her on chat many times - my prayers and thoughts are with you dear friend - must be soul destroying to see what fire does to everything.

And folk - I have a confession - I caved. I smoked. There, it is out. But tomorrow is a new day right? Right! Back on the horse.

Fen - glad that you got the rest of the tick out - yucky things!

Off to plant some more carrot seeds,

hugs all, Love, Sun XX
                    How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

I just googled the general area where Rus lives and the number of fires burning is staggering. Many evacuations in the area.
                      Just got a call from my cousin. He's becoming desperate to sell me our old homeplace since his momma passed away last year. A VERY good buy, and I'm glad I waited. I can probably get it for less than the price of a nice new car. Don't want to cheat him, just want fairness for us both.
                      sigpic
                      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Poor Rusty!- I wish we could send her all this rain we're getting pounded with and this is supposed to keep on through Sunday..( Thanks Sunni)
                        I haven't heard anything about the fires on the news-but then again, the news is very selective...
                        It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Really, Fluff, what a dreary weekend we had and it's supposed to be like this all week.....not nice!

Vicki...are you home yet from your daughter's wedding? I can't wait to hear all about it!
                          Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

Chatted with Rog about his upcoming visit. (Well, I TRIED to hear him! Phone conversations are the WORST!) I'm SO excited about it. Since I have to go to the doctor Wed, and I'll be at the cabin, he's coming there first. Then we'll come back to my house. I don't have him a list, I have him a BOOK of things I want done.Since he loves to work, we should both be in heaven. And he works for biscuits and gravy! :H Sue and I get along so well, too. I'm just sorry blackberries and other fruits won't be ripe when she gets here. That girl really loves pickin'. I want to do a lot of work at the creek, and maybe put up a fence there on the property line to let people know it's not part of the rental cabin next door, and they'll maybe stop poaching my fish. Really hope to do clearing all the way down to the water so the grands can get down to the fishing hole easier. Hope you guys have seen some of the beautiful things Sue has crocheted. She has pics posted on her facebook page. The star baby blanket she just did is gorgeous!
                            Really hope the phone I'm getting that has it's own wifi will let me use my laptop when I'm away from home. I'm always looking for new recipes on it here, like trying new things.
                            sigpic

Comment

fluff;1115634 wrote: Poor Rusty!- I wish we could send her all this rain we're getting pounded with and this is supposed to keep on through Sunday..( Thanks Sunni)
                              I haven't heard anything about the fires on the news-but then again, the news is very selective...
                              You are so welcome Fluffy dear - although I don't think we have any more to send now. Yes, it is a shame we can't just send some of ours to where we would like to send it.

Off to get ready for work,

hugs, sun XX

Comment

Ok.....i almost feel sorry for Rog...working hard then getting biscuits and gravy....surely you dont mean like chocolate ones ...think i will stick to crumpets...

:groupluv:

Comment

Working...
                                X