The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!! for may

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rog, even now I can't sleep this late!! :H I know you've been tired though. If Hubs makes it to 7:30 we say a blessing!!
    I'm sorry to bring this up, and no replies are needed. I watched a Medal Of Honor ceremony for 2 soldiers in the Korean War. They called it a 'conflict', at the time. Daddy was there for 3 tours. He started out at not quite 18, and his devotion to Duty and Country have been a major part of my life. He went in cheap shoes, the only he had, and wore them a long time there. Frostbite was a product of their poor readiness, when he went from Georgia to Korea, but he was a life-long patriot. My SIL is the same, with Afghanistan and Serbia on his record. Probably the only way you can get me into an argument is to question country and honor.
    I've heard and read so many stories about the families who suffered devastating loss. But knowing the absolutly dedicated men/women, I feel a gratefulness and safety. How Osama was taken is an EXTREME mission, but he can no longer kill men, women, and children, with his horror. The story of the Americans who took down the plane in Pennsylvania solidifies the American spirit.
    One monster is gone. There are others out there. Take part in the government you live under. If you are disatisfied, vote and suppot someone you do.
    Sorry for the rant. I LOVE this country, and it's people.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

QT, LOVELY!!!
      sigpic
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

AMEN QT !!! Good Post! Hi all - I am back - had to go for Cancer check up - came back all clear - but was cross with Onc for running way late and got up to leave!! he immediately came in to see me. He fusses way too much wanting this test and that test - I AM FINE!! We always end up laughing. Anyway now I don't have much time before getting ready for work. It has started raining again.

Grateful - sorry re the trouble with Hubs - gosh, I have SO many men's numbers in my cell phone!! If your hubs was mine, he would absolutely freak out!! Aren't you allowed to have friends of the opposite sex then? gosh. I can talk to him after Ruby has finished - LOL. Anyway, hang in there my friend.

Like you Fluff, I wonder what is going to happen now that Bin laden is gone. As for the body being buried at sea - well, I think there are two reasons - one, that means no wailing and big funeral for him and making him into some kind of martyr for those who would want to do that and the other scenario - maybe it wasn't, but I do think he is dead. I know that we are all on heightened security now.

Well, I need to get going, back later - hugs to all,

Love, Sun XX
        How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Glad to see you're back, Grateful. Sounds like hubs does need a little "talking" to.

Sun, I'm glad to hear that you got the "all clear"!

Hope you're all doing well today, folks. Looks like mom might get sprung soon. Wish her luck!

:h

Comment

Hey everybody

Ruby: I'm British, proud of my own country but when i heard the news this morning I felt truly proud of the American people, even though I'm not one of them. I am also happy to see they buried the body in line with Muslim custom - so far as I'm concerned once they're dead it's God's turn to sort them out, whoever God turns out to be, and the body should be given at least the burial the persons religion dictates, so hats off to the military for doing that.

QT: good luck with the doctor and I hope you continue to enjoy your sobriety throughout May

Sunshine: Glad your check up came back clear

So I'm new here and I'm just trying to learn who everybody is and such, so if I don't quite get names right or I'm totally clueless whats going on please do forive me, I'm new xD had a great day here anyway, enjoying the weather and getting plenty of work done, eating too much and drinking a shocking amount of coffee - but hey isn't that what an extra day off is for xD

xIC
            I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Hi Inchy - nice post and nice to see you here! Got to rush - had a nap and did NOT want to get up - back to work for closing shift!! See you all later - Fen fingers crossed for your mom!!

love, Sun XX
              How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Well, our resident British authority has named you Inchy, so, Inch it must be!! :H Hon, I feel it was a victory for the world, and esp the forces who carried it out with no loss of life. The idea that he used one of his wives as a shield in those last moments shows his nature. There will be others who come, but for now, this one is gone. And I'm SO happy your jumping in here and posting. Some of us (ME!) get a bit wound too tight by some events, so I'm glad you replied. Stay with us please. You sound lovely!!
                sigpic

Comment

Sorry im late checking in today...i would like to say ive been super busy but actually ive been snoozing most of the day...dont worry it wasnt under the duvet,i did get outside in my chair
                  Now sporting a red sunkissed beak....

:groupluv:

Comment

well well its great to see some new faces here .. and keep up the great work .. rememeber you are the author of your lifes book ...
                    so start writing and come up with a great plan... but know with every great plan there are some small bumps along the way .. so just do your best and just dont quit trying .. but try even harder to get where you want to be in life ...
                    now i say this to everyone ...
                    but still here i am sitting inside and doing nothing about whats going on with me .. it feels like im tie up and cant move and if i move will i piss someone off or step on some toes .. i have made some calls to find some work... but no one is doing much right now.. their phone have stop ringing as well ...so what is a man to do... i need a project and i have so many i would love to do... but.. does there always have to be a but .. i guess there has to be and without a but... there is no beggining to an end ... maybe i have lost what i had but here we go again with the but did i lose someothing that i really never had .. there and more are the questions of life... but why would i ask if i wasnt willing to go even harder to get where i want to be and again where is it i want to be ... does anyone have any answers ...
                    no worries im ok just rambling later gators :l:h:l:h
                    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Oh, red noses are the BEST!!! Gracie had to show me her 'sun' from a day on the lake yesterday, and when she pulled her pants down (she has NO shame with me :H) she had a TATTOO on her little hip bone!!! I asked what in the world she was thinking and she first said it was real, I took her arm and said 'lets go to the shop'. When she asked why, I tolld her I was going to sand it off!!! :H:H She started yelling 'It' a rub on, a rub on, Mimzy' and we fell down laughing!!
                      So glad to see you getting some sunshine; it's healthy for you!
                      sigpic

Comment

tlrgs;1108587 wrote: well well its great to see some new faces here .. and keep up the great work .. rememeber you are the author of your lifes book ...
                        so start writing and come up with a great plan... but know with every great plan there are some small bumps along the way .. so just do your best and just dont quit trying .. but try even harder to get where you want to be in life ...
                        now i say this to everyone ...
                        but still here i am sitting inside and doing nothing about whats going on with me .. it feels like im tie up and cant move and if i move will i piss someone off or step on some toes .. i have made some calls to find some work... but no one is doing much right now.. their phone have stop ringing as well ...so what is a man to do... i need a project and i have so many i would love to do... but.. does there always have to be a but .. i guess there has to be and without a but... there is no beggining to an end ... maybe i have lost what i had but here we go again with the but did i lose someothing that i really never had .. there and more are the questions of life... but why would i ask if i wasnt willing to go even harder to get where i want to be and again where is it i want to be ... does anyone have any answers ...
                        no worries im ok just rambling later gators :l:h:l:h
                        I PROMISE I'll call you, tomorrow, or later tonight, after Hubs hits the sack by his usual 9 PM. Will you be up. I have a ton of plans! You'll love all the crap we have to work with! :H
                        sigpic

Comment

yeah ill be up ruby .. did you take your meds and eat some food young lady ...

Comment

I did, T, but you are a great reminder!! (actually, I haven't eaten yet, but will in a few). I'll def try to call you later, OK?
                            I guess I made a someone mad on the thread Pro started, about Bin Laden. I've left it alone now, but it's looking ugly. SOooo, I will def stay away. Like religion, you can't explain patriotism.
                            sigpic

Comment

Hallo family!! Mimzey..I am fine, just busy and I love you for worrying.
                              Thank heavens they got Osama....it's about time
                              Ignore ignorant people.....
                              Off to watch the end of "Salt" and then to bed
                              ps..I thought Kate looked beautiful when she married Wills...
                              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

hey there mama glad to see you feeling better and posting .. now dont push yourself make sure you take some time for you .. when you can ... well have a great night and day tomorrow folks ...love and hugs

Comment

Working...
                                X