The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!! for may

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Morning jan - lovely to see you - you sound so chipper - OF course we would remember the cabbage !!!!! We aren't THAT old!! LOL

Now, I have to go and scrape my windscreen!!! Bummer. So, off to work,

hugs to all,

Sun XX
    How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Mama- sounds the same as stuffed peppers-which my mom used to make- I liked everything except for the peppers....
      It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Oh-stuffed cabbage-my Mom used to make that! It was so good...but my family would NOT eat it....guess I'll have to come to your house, Jan. My hubs will eat stuffed peppers, though. Jan-you sound really good and I am so proud of you for going to AA-even as busy as you are. How is your Dad doing? Fen-is your Mom in the nursing home yet? Tony-congrats on the new car that you can look at but not drive! Vicki-are you back home from your daughter's yet? Nora...hugs for you....always thinking of you & Swannie too. Ruby-did you actually get to sleep in today? BTW-I loved the pics of your gorgeous granddaughters. Fluff-do you have rain today too? Sunny-did you have frost on your windshield? Glad it's not that cold here! What are the flowers that you planted yesterday...I'd love to plant something that smells beautiful. My m-i-l has a lilac bush which I help myself too..I love their smell.

Good morning, Roger. (said quietly-in case someone hears me).

RC-tell us about your new place....or did you already and I missed it...

Back to work for me....c:
        Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

(Burp!) Sorry, mama! Didn't know that I was in YOUR yard. I'll mosey on over to Ruby's porch and taunt - err, I meen VISIT with her troupe of yorkies! :H

Comment

Funny story about Hubs: When I worked at the post office, there was a young, single woman, who really started to feel like an irresistible vamp after a while there, with all those wacky men. She came with her boyfriend (who was my DAUGHTER'S age!) to a Christmas party we held at our house. Later that night, she stook me aside, said 'I don't think your husband likes me. He hasn't talked to me at all!' She was used to men tripping on themselves over her at work, and he can ignore a person to death! He's always pleasant and polite, and has really started helping me when we have a lot of people over, but he just doesn't act like a lot of men do (read:flirts). Oh, and her boyfriend went out alone for a smoke and Wolfgang wouldn't let him back in the house! He'd walk from porch to porch, calling us, but Wolfie would get to the porch first, and give him a little growl when he tried to come in. This was December!!!! We finally missed him after about an hour. :H Hubs is a grump, buy he's MY old grump! I had to leave chat last night, told everyone the man upstairs was calling me. There was a bit of consternation, but of course I meant Hubs.
            Well, that's my trip down dizzy lane this morning. Himself is stomping in and out of the house, working on his projects. Oh, and no one commented on his bowling shirt! He wears that to daughters just to annoy her. Son has asked for use of the cabin this weekend, alone. Rut Roh! Do you think he has something in mind he doesn't want his Momma to know?
            Grateful, that's exactly how to handle an old grouch. Ignore them. Do your best, enjoy the rest. Make 'em wonder what your smiling about. As for what's in your phone, it's YOUR phone. Hubs knows about everyone who calls me, or I call, but not because I have to tell him.
            MB, it's so good to see you posting more. I worry when you're so quiet.
            Oh, I'll get to you all later. He's hanging a chandelier, and must have my input!
            sigpic
            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Today is the day mum is supposed to go to the nursing home. We're waiting to hear if they still have a bed for her. She's anxious about leaving the hospital, so I'm heading out to buck her up soon. Thanks to all who've kept her in your thoughts and prayers. :h

Comment

Been thinking about her (& YOU) so much!! I hope that she can get moved. That is one step closer to going home. :l
                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Fen, when our parents are getting older and sick, they are upset by anything that changes in their own little world, so, you are being such a good daughter, giving her support through this. She will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. But keep telling her this is a good thing, and how lucky she will be to have people helping her get back to herself.
                  sigpic
                  awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Nora, Rubes...:h

Thank you!

Comment

Fen....praying that your Mom will have a smooth transition. As Ruby said, you are a wonderful daughter for being there with her through all of this.:l
                      Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

fennel so glad to hear your mom is doing good .. norac how are you doing ... ruby take you meds and eat some food lol and sunshine have a gret day at work .. mama just keep doing your best but one day at a time
                        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Rog, you're like a mother hen to that Rubes! :H Thanks for all your kind words, everybody.

Oh, and Ruby? Don't forget to take your meds!

Comment

lol fennel.....
                            grateful baby so good to see you post .. now you got my number right lol love ya girl
                            :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                            best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Everbody...TAKE YOUR MEDS,YA HEAR? AND EAT!....
                              Fen- glad you're mom is moving to the nursing home- hope she is accepting of it, like Ruby said -it's tough for older people to accept change.
                              Hi Roger and Nora!
                              Grateful- yes it's just a washed out day here...
                              Sunshine.....she's following you around...:H
                              It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

OK! Took my meds, ate something!! Trust me, I'm NOT going to starve anytime soon, have a LOT of fat reserve!!!

OH, and I haven't fallen today! (but the day is young) :H
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X