The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!! for may

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all! Made turkey tacos last night- and I have the worst heartburn! Watched ' How I Met Your Mother" and the show that follows it "Mad Love" and some more news coverage of Osama's death. Then hit the hay- Hello to Inchy, and the other newbies...
    and Hello to all the regulars, as well!
    It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

I'm up too, Fluff. Don't know why I get up early when I can sleep, and have to be dragged kicking and screaming when I need to be up.
      Sorry about the heartburn. I've had a headache a week, so I know how any ailment, even the tiny ones, throw us off.
      Have a good day, hon.
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Believe me -if I could sleep I would-but I have to get up at 5:45 because that's when my son gets up to get ready for school! So, we have coffee together-he has breakfast then gets ready for school and he's out the door at 6:30...then my daughter out by 8:00...
        So, it's a very early start to the day. I didn't have my coffee today because of my heartburn- I put way to much chili powder in the ground turkey...I'll be fine- just need to pop a nexium..
        Have a super day, Ruby!
        It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Morning peeps..I am up and sipping coffee and about to hop in the shower
          Mimzey - did I tell you I had the flu three days last week.....I think I mentioned it....but I am much better...
          Hi fluffy one..I had stuffed cabbage...yum, but PHEW laster!!!!!:H:H
          Have to work alone today, so I will be crazy busy.....
          love you all......
          hi to newbies.....please stick around
          Kisses to Rog, My Sunni, Vicki,Hill,Fen, RC,Grateful,Birdie...where are you Nora??? You know we worry....:h
          Hey Rubes,,,I have to request time off so I need "official" dates for the meet up
          THE US MILITARY ROCKS........I just hate it that Obummer is getting all the credit....I think Bush deserves some credit too....
          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Goodmorning everyone, I hope you are well. I am a little late starting today, stayed up late watching our Canadian Federal election results.

Ruby, thanks for your thoughts. It would be interesting indeed to know what others think and feel about the new us. My friends and peers don't talk about it to me. Also, what an honest and sobering thing you wrote. "Drinking, we think we are hiding so well. Then, when sober, we find everyone knew, to some degree". I think I have to admit you are correct.
            Quitin, glad you are all good.
            Sunshine, that is great news on your check up.
            Mama, good call on Osama, and Kate looked absolutely stunning, I agree.

Take care everyone,
            Hill
            Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

I can't believe it's morning already. Between my demonically possessed water softener turning itself on and off, plus hot flashes ...it just wasn't restful!

Comment

Hi Mama- stuffed cabbage! I never made that- what do you stuff it with?
                Hi Hill and Fennel-Fen- how's yer Mom doing? Getting better by the day? Can you take something for the hot flashes? I think there's something herbal called Evening Primrose...
                It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Morning, glories, (again)! Fluff, hope the heartburn's better. I used to get it, when I was preggers with son, so bad I would cry!
                  MB, yes, I knew you'd been sick. I'm afraid you're getting run down, working so much and so busy when you do have a day off.Take a break every now and then just for you. Oh, and you and cabbage again??:H
                  Hill, I had a few people talk honestly to me after I finally admitted I had a problem and found MWO. Being sober made me think back, and I really felt foolish, remembering how slick I thought I was being! AL alter our perceptions so incredibly!
                  Fen, oh I had the most awful hot flashes too. Much better now. There is an OTC med that REALLY helped me, Menopause. My daughter, who hardly even takes aspirin, gave me some samples, and it really helped. Don't have any suggestion on the unholy water gadget.
                  Check you all later!
                  sigpic
                  awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Good Morning everyone - I slept in - was up WAY too late!! LOL Jan - you and cabbage!!! Oh Fluff - hope your heartburn has gone away by now and you are feeling better. Jan - it was so nice to see you posting a little more...we do miss you when you aren't here.

Fen - re the hot flushes, all I can suggest is a fan!! I tried everything and I couldn't really tell if anything ever really worked - it all eventually went away in the end although every now and then i will still have one - but really rarely thank goodness. I think the best thing I tried was umm, of course I can't remember the name of it - I will remember it when I am not thinking of it and let you know. Let us know what is happening re your mum - is she moving to the nursing home today?

Good morning Rubes - you have had a headache for a week???? Don't you think you should find out why maybe? Get Hubs to massage your neck and shoulders - sometimes those muscles get so tense, and it all sort of gets into a vicious cycle to do with tension and stuff. Worth a try anyway.....

Hi Hill! Glad all is well with you - did you like the results of the election? I am sorry, but I am not into politics enough to know about who was what..... anyway - have a wonderful day my friend.

And everyone else - RC - haven't seen you for a little while!! Hope all is well with you. And all the new faces that were here - how are you all doing?? Bird - where are you today? Grateful - hope you are fine too - we miss you too when you don't post in the morning....

Well, I have a late start today and have a long list of things to do so need to hit the ground running.... back later all,

love, Sun XX
                    How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Morning everyone. Sorry I haven't been around. I have been thinking about you a lot. I haven't had time to read back yet. But, hope that everyone is well.
                      Love you all & have a happy day. :h
                      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

NORA - how lovely to see you - how are you doing? I wish you were feeling better...... Many hugs to you :l:l

Love, Sun xx
                        How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Thanks Sun - I'm ok. Father in law had his surgery yesterday. Hopefully, he will start getting better now. He has been sick for so long. Hubby is still up North with him. Already been 2 weeks this time. We are hoping hubby can come home for a few days and then fly back up there. We shall see.
                          Still struggling on my drinking. But, I know that I can do this. I went 3 months before. Just need to get back on board.
                          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

NoraC;1108951 wrote: Thanks Sun - I'm ok. Father in law had his surgery yesterday. Hopefully, he will start getting better now. He has been sick for so long. Hubby is still up North with him. Already been 2 weeks this time. We are hoping hubby can come home for a few days and then fly back up there. We shall see.
                            Still struggling on my drinking. But, I know that I can do this. I went 3 months before. Just need to get back on board.
                            just give it your best .. but one day at a time and with the help here you can and will do anything you set your mind too young lady
                            :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                            best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Yes Nora, climb back up. You are a strong, beautiful woman, have SO much to handle, deal with, and you have done it with grace and tenacity. I'm not making excuses for you; a lot of people have terrible life stories and manage to overcome this, but I do know you have a lot on your plate. Keep posting here, and let off steam as much as you need. You know there's no judgement, but we'll help you stay accountable. :huggy
                              Glad you got some sleep Sun. Old people usually don't need as much (I personally sleep 8 or more hours :H). Yes, I should see about my headaches. I think the reason for it is out on the front porch hammering right now. He goes out shopping and comes home with some of the most bizarre 'finds'. Oh well, life is never dull!
                              sigpic

Comment

:sofa:

Peeking in from work.......
                                Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

Working...
                                X