The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!! for may

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Morning everyone! Oh SST - what a dreadful day for you!! At least the next day has GOT to be better right??

Ruby - yes, we have one of those that sleeps too - and the other day we had a couple of folk that after they left, I collected 18 books from the table that they were sitting at - EIGHTEEN books! I mean - come on people!!! I think we should post a sign saying "No more than 2 books allowed in the cafe at a time" - or even better "NO books or magazines allowed in the cafe". Oh - and I will ignore the 'old' reference with dignity, seeing as it comes from the ramblings of an old woman :H:H.

Good morning Grateful my friend! No, of course I am not grumpy now - just had to let off steam last night. I hope to get outside today but am waiting for a huge black cloud to go over - it is raining right now but not much - just the odd drop - we are at the bottom of a gurt green and red blob on the radar so we aren't getting much.

Swannie - what a wonderful idea for you to do a Uni course from home. Can you get the funding do you think? I think that you would great for you.

Vicki - as Grateful said - only four days to go then you can breathe a huge sigh of relief and get back to normal!!

Ruby - I so hope that you manage to see a doctor today for your ear - it will be so nice for you when you can hear again properly, although being the age you are it won't be long before it is permanent anyway- so it is just giving you a taste of the future!! Hope that the doc can help you with it this time. Hope it isn't serious!! :l:l

Nora - lovely to see you - are you feeling better today? I love when I see you posting 'cos I think it usually means that you are feeling a little better. Hang in there with us my friend.

Jan - how goes it with you? Still busy with work? and going to the AA meetings? Hope all is going well with you friend.

RC - you have been quiet - how are you? Have you got the new premises all sorted out? Have your customers found you? Are you far from where you were?

And now, I need to tell you all something. As you all probably know, I am not AF. I was, last year for about 8 months then started drinking again. Well, I have decided to go AF again. I don't drink to excess, ever. But I do drink daily - only usually 2 or 3, sometimes even 4, but usually less. And my drink of choice is Guinness. Anyway, it has to stop, for various reasons. tomorrow is the day. It is going to be hard for me. I doubt that I will have withdrawal - maybe night sweats, but as I said it is frequency, not amount that bothers me. I have talked to a few people here about it and of course, you have all been incredibly supportive, but in the end it is me that has to do it on my own. it is just taking that first step. Just wanted to let you all know and to ask for healing and supportive thoughts please. I AM scared!! I am so used to walking in from work and opening my Guinness!! The first few days will be the worst - obviously. I need to do this for many reasons - oh, and I am also stopping smoking at the same time. That thought doesn't bother me as much for some reason. I love the feeling that first drink gives me. And I can and do stop, I don't get drunk - BUT, need to stop. I know - check the tool box. Just want to know I have my family here all thinking about me tomorrow and Thursday and Friday - after that it should be a lot easier. Oh - Hubs has said he is stopping too. But he won't have any problem - he has a cast iron will and does anything he sets his mind to. Anyway, there you have it. Off to my day now,

Back later everyone,

hugs, Love, Sun XX
    How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Nora, just as long as we see yourself stop by often, all is good here.
      Dang it, Fen!!! These porch raids have got to stop!! My dogs get just plumb pixilated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Sunny love, of COURSE we're all in your corner. You know what you need, and I'm happy your hubby will be partenering in this with you. I'll bet you're every bit as strong - willed as he is. I'm here ANYTIME you want to talk, love.
      OK, OK, OK, all you naggers! I have a doc appt Friday at daughter's friends office. Going to get my records tomorrow. Happy now? Guess I'll leave Thu. I'm beginning to believe I'm doing better anyway. OH, and news flash! I'm down enough pounds to drop to the NEXT level, as I call it. Old clothes are falling off, and some I had but were too small I care now wear comfortably. YOOHOO!! :dancingskel:
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Sunny...of course you know I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and sending you lots of hugs. You already know that it's not going to be easy...but-you have tremendous strength in everything you do. If you set your mind to it, I know you will do it! I'm glad that you are at the bottom of the red & green blob today.....we have no blobs at all! Our blobs are supposed to show up this weekend when I am off, of course.

Nora-good to see you! I hope you have a good day at work!

Ruby-do you have to go to your daughter's for the doc appt? I don't know if I should congratulate you about the weight loss.....you already look thin enough......but, you know yourself best. Just don't forget to eat, okay? If you lose too much more weight, you won't have enough strength to stay on top of us!!!! I wish I had the problem of "forgetting" to eat.....my knees are telling me I need to lose at least 5 lbs, dang-it!
        Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

good after noon ladies .. well im so proud of you sunshineD .. AND I know and believe in you ... you will do just fine and now please if it ever comes up use the number you have .. we are alll here for one another and we can do this together ...hi norac , ruby ,sunshineT AND grateful baby ... and it seems we have some MIA'S AGAIN please check in when you all can ... love and big hbugs stay strong and shifting forward and thinking positive
          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Sunny- I'll do this with you, as well- so you have my support! If you want to start a thirty day thread-I'll jump in there with you, how 'bout it?
            It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Good morning, family! I woke up with my blood sugar 102! Absolutely perfect! Now if I can stay that way all day. It makes so much difference in the way I feel. The last 2 days, my BS has been so high and it made me feel so bad, mentally and physically. I love being normal, if me and normal can go in the same sentence. SST, I'm so sorry about your lousy day, but today is a new day and I hope it is a great one for you! Fennel, I am so happy your Mom is doing okay. Swannie, how are you doing, girl and RC, where are you? Kelly, I was so happy to hear from you last night. I may not be on top of the world today, but atleast, I'm not on the bottom or inside my little hole. I learned that you should never try to write an upbeat post when you are feeling depressed. Roger saw right through it and called me right away. I love you so much for caring, my dear friend, Roger. You always take care of us all. You are truly a blessing. Nora, it sounds like you are feeling better, too. I hope so. What is happening in your life? Ruby, I worry every time you say you've lost weight! :upset: Please eat regularly and healthy, take your meds and your vitamins! Your daughter really lucked up on the hottie hubby! Grateful, geez...5 lbs? You look absolutely beautiful, inside and out! I love the way you and Sunnni talk about your blobs! Please pray we have "no blobs" on Saturday! My daughter's dream is to get married outside on the water. ray: Sunni, I am so very proud of you for choosing to get off alcohol and cigs at the same time. I know it will be hard for you, but we will all be here for you and praying for you. After the wedding, I am going to quit smoking, too. :bat I have smoked for 32 years and I am up to 2 packs a day. Like alcohol, cigerettes kill and I have too many things going against me already, so anything I can do to live longer, I am going to do, because I want so bad to meet my grandchildren and strive to be a good grandmother, like Ruby is! I know it's not possible, but now that I have a role model, I'm going to fight to live! Fluff, good to see you. Ya'll don't have to start a new thread. Let's all find something bad for us to give up for 30 days, so we can be there for one another if we start to fall. Well, it's been a good morning already. I got out early and picked all the kale (6) 5 gallon buckets. I enjoy harvesting the food I grow so much and Paul is going to clean them all for me today! That's the hard part, but he volunteered. I'm off to clean the house a little. I hope everyone has a fantastic, joyful day! I love you all so very much! Vicki
              I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
              but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

I just posted a new thread, for our SunniButt, (didn't name her!) for doing 30 days. I heard from 3 people today that want and need to quit, so I know there's a need. Anyone else who wants to join, at any time, for quitting anything, jump in!! And feel free to come and just offer support and advice, please. SO many people need it.
                sigpic
                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Thanks Ruby-I really want to lose ten pounds by Memorial day, too-and that's the only way I'm going to be able to do that...I even emailed my hubs to see if he would join in-because we just enable each other-so , we'll see what he types back...I'm hoping he will...
                  Hi Vicki! Glad your blood sugar is normal! I'm so glad I don't suffer from diabetes...that's gotta suck( at a lack of a better word...)-please take care of yourself.
                  It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Fluff, I've lost 56#, finally, being without daily AL and now that I'm regaining my strength from an alcohol-fueled accident I had 8 months before I found MWO. I was at the weight I am now, then spent 6 months in a wheelchair, then a walker, and I not only gained weight, but loss much of my muscle tone. I'd love to lose another 10 or 15 pounds, which is perfect for my age and height. (no comments, old woman Sun). :H I hated my size; it sapped my strength, made me feel SO ugly. It feels like me more every day, but I don't want to lose to much or too fast. Nothing SunnyOne can say is as funny as what my grands do (my nickname is Oldilocks!). So do this now, for your health. Be checked regularly (I have to, because of other med problems).
                    RC, Tony, Biz, MB, so many others I can't name right now, please post and let us know how you are. Swannie, I'll post some pics for you soon, OK?
                    sigpic

Comment

Day 4 and playing guitar tonite! Rock on May.

Comment

Hey-QT! Congrats on Day 4! That is awesome and it's also great that you play guitar. Have a great time!

Comment

Morning everyone,
                          I absolutely love all the positivity and care in this thread. You can definitely feel the family like friendships that have been built here on this site. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! :happyheart:
                          Ruby, that is amazing that you have lost that much weight, way to go. As I start to get older I think my size has doubled, not really what I was hoping for. But I am on my way back down again. Ideally I have about 25 pounds to go. I am fitting into a few old clothes and it is such a rewarding feeling after putting in such work. Although I must admit I do not cut out chocolate or cake after with me not drinking. I figure life is short, live a little. I also do really love all the healthy stuff too.
                          Sunny, That is awesome that you want to go AF and NF. My husband is crazily addicted to ciggys, he could give a hoot about AL. He quit again 2 weeks ago and he only had a few of these :stomper: days. He is doing wonderful. If he can I know anyone can! So I am cheering for you. I will also be doing every day AF right beside you!:h
                          Thank you to everyone for being so welcoming. I spend hours on this site sometimes just reading new posts and sometimes very old posts, and it is all touching and something I can relate to.
                          Fluff, Grateful, QT, SOBS, TLrgs, MamaB,, Thank you for all being so lovely and wonderful.
                          I am off to work in a few, better get it in gear. Will be back later tonight my time, and you will all be sleeping!:H Take Care of yourselves everyone.:rays:

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

SST-good morning to you and I hope you have a good day at work. What do you do if you don't mind my asking? You are so right that this is like a family - and even better in some cases! We are all so close...other people don't understand how we can have feelings for somebody we have never physically met...but that is how it is here. I feel so comfortable here knowing that I won't be judged and knowing that I can say whatever is on my mind-I can cry, I can vent, I can ask for advice. And if I need to talk, I know I can call one of these great people. We really are here for each other and I am glad that you have joined us.

Comment

I am home and so happy to see all of you
                              Vicki...the wedding is in 4 days???? OMG....I cannot imagine how stressed you are...
                              Hi sunshine today...you are SO welcome to join our sweet little family. I dont post as much as I used to b/c of my crazy job, but this family got me through unemployment, and I am thankful for the job/
                              Rubes.....glad you are getting your ears checked and GUESS WHAT?? My oldest surprised me at work today with lunch...I was shocked. I guess he knew how hurt I was and I was very touched that he did something. Of course now he needs money for the prom this weekend.
                              Sunni - you should be cross with selfish customers...I have a few I would love to use a taser on!!
                              Rog - hope some work comes in soon and I am just thankful you are here taking care of all of us old ladies.

Swannie....gald to see you considering classes...we love you and know you will kick ass at whatever you settle on
                              Sweet Nora...why are you depressed? Are you on meds?? Life is too short to be miserable and I hate it when you are unhappy
                              Grateful, Fen, Hill and Fluff
                              have a peaceful nights rest
                              smooches pooches
                              love you all
                              Jan
                              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

ok ruby here my goal well yours see if you can put some weight on me with all that good home cooking ...
                                and YES WE ARE A LOVING AND CLOSE FAMILY THREAD ALL ARE WELCOME
                                and im here for everyone most here have my number and anyone can have it if needed ..to talk, lean on me ..
                                i dont always have the answers but i bet bye the time you get off the phone ...you will have a smile on your face and you'll say your problems arent that bad and really you feel so much better about things..
                                when you talk about them and let them out off your chest..
                                well love and big hugs later one and all
                                :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                                best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Working...
                                X