The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!! for may

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Jammers---sorry haven't been around--my million dollar communications solution turned out to be a nightmare. I spend all my time reloading or reconnecting or talking to tech people trying this and that to supposedly fix the problem. HA! They know damn well it's a problem that can't be fixed! I started reading on a techie site today and this problem has been ongoing for months with Bell and the Turbo Hub. Don't know what I will do now. Anyways--hope everyone had a nice Mom's Day. My daughter texted me--first HMD greeting for me in 8 years! First from her in 10 years. She and partner helped me move and they were amazing--can't remember if I told you all or not.
    Vicki--glad you're getting the blood sugar down--keep up the good work.
    Fen--good to hear your Mom is doing well.
    SSH--taking a course sounds perfect for you! Take a good ginkgo--I know you're the baby in the family but even younger studiers take it.
    Sunni/Fluffer good luck in the 30 day challenge. I've been trying to get my head around doing another stretch--but I don't think I start just yet with you girls. I had been having a few a couple of times a week since the new year began but the last couple of weeks--I've gone a bit over a few times and not impressed with myself. I know I've just decided to decompress but feel like you know what the next day. So really going to reel it in and if I can't do it then I'll need to string some af days together again.
    Oh-Sunni--I am not well organized in the new store yet--can put my fingers on most things when I need them though and people are starting to find me this week better than last week. I've an artist friend who is also a VON going to come and paint my logo on the front window soon. That will be nice. I'll take a pic. My new camera battery died and of course it's different than the rechargeables my last one took! Sheesh! Why must everything be so complicated??
    Ok---I've rambled enough you'll be glad not to hear from me again for a while.
    Take care everyone! xo

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

I'll talk to each of you tomorrow; swept, mopped 5 rooms, washed clothes and dishes, fed animals, made phone calls, fixed supper, and I'm beat now. Going to sit down and watch 'Madea Goes to Jail' and fold clothes. Love, peeps!!
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Goodness! So many posts! Wow! Where to start - maybe go backwards? RC - lovely to see you here! So sorry about all the trouble you are having with your communications - what a real pain for you. It all sounded so wonderful to begin with too.... I am so pleased that you did hear from your daughter on Mothers day - you didn't know if you would or not - great!! Thanks for the good luck tomorrow - I am glad it is finally here :H the waiting has been hard!!

Rog - I will echo what you said in your post about calling you - you always know just what to say!! And yes I got off the phone with a smile on my face. You are a sweetie.

Jan - Glad that your son surprised you with lunch - hope the other one has some surprises for you too - they owe you more than just that though in my opinion. Little toads.

Grateful - thank you so much for your call today - it was lovely to chat with you - it is ages since we have. Yes, the support here is just wonderful - I feel so surrounded by such warmth and love from everyone, having let them know of my decision - it has been amazing - or maybe not, 'cos I know what everyone here is like so I shouldn't have been at all surprised - it has just been wonderful though how everyone has been. Made me feel very humbled!!

SST - this is an awesome thread - we are a close family - any of us need something and we are all here for each other. Most of us are only a phone call away from each other - it is really nice. I have quit cigs before (many times ROTFL), last year quit for 8 months when i quit AL but when I started drinking again, started cigs again too. Oh dear - it is all just so silly!! I shall be glad when it is tomorrow night and tomorrow is over. I hope that you are trying to lose your weight slowly - that way it stays off - and I agree about not cutting out chocolate and cake!! I like the Cadbury's cream eggs - the orange ones and at Easter bought a huge stash of them and have one every day!! What work do you do? Think you probably know I work in a bookstore...

QT - go you on day 4 - think of me tomorrow with day ONE

Ruby - I won't make ANY comment at all about your weight and height being perfect for your age. nothing. No comment about your age. Nothing at all. No comment re your age. Your age.

Fluff - 10 lbs by memorial day - that is only 2 1/2 weeks away!! I think. That is a lot to lose in that time. How are your going to do it? what are your plans?? Thank for doing the 30 days with me too - even though you did a jump start - how did today go???

Vicki - glad that your blood sugar was good this morning - wonderful - did you manage to keep in good all day today? Hope so.

And everyone - I am pooped - must get to bed. Earlies tomorrow. Be odd not having my sit and stare on the step with the dogs in the morning - well, I still will have my sit and stare but just me cup of tea - no cig!!

Night all,

Love, Sun XX
        How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Morning everyone! Drinking my coffee and listening to a lot of chirpy birds...
          Tennis and softball games today- it will be a late dinner, again-but i like this schedule because it keeps me busy and I won't drink...
          Sunni- I think ten pounds is doable- but any weight loss will be welcome-
          Day 2 for me- !
          Rc-Howdy- You sound like things are all haywire where you are- hope things get straightened
          out! Whenever you want to jump in the 30 day thread-just do it-
          Quitin-Glad you joined the 30 day thread..
          Hi Roger, Grateful, Sunshine,Fennel,Mama
          Ruby- You must have a ton of energy to do all that in a day- that's tiring just to read...
          It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Hello Everyone,
            I hope you don't mind. I am going to be selfish and talk about me for a few as I am having a misunderstanding with Hubby. So I get home from work, and I see an empty water bottle and grab it to put with the recycling. He tells me to smell it. So I smell the outside thinking the dog had peed on it. He tell me it smells like AL. I open the lid and smell inside, and it does smell kind of funny. I buy the waters at the gym and drink half, then usually drink the rest when I'm sitting next to hubby at night, about one time every 2 weeks. So I left the empty water bottle by the couch on the floor, for who knows how long. It was right where the hot sun shines in the window during the day. So basically, my husband smelled the bottle while I was at work, thought it smelled like AL, and that I had been sneaking and lying about AL once again. The problem is I have not had a drop of AL in 39 days, I have not lied to him once. I have talked to him openly about cravings and temptation which have been few. I have bought NO AL. He told me it is my fault that he can't believe me. In a way I understand this. I have lied in the past, and hid AL. However, since I told him last time I am going to prove to him by my actions, I have had no AL, nada. I am doing this for my own well being. I am doing this for many reasons. The last time I drank I talked to hubby about it, promised no more hiding it (though it's been promised before,) said if I had it I would do it in front of him, that I would be honest. Then I found this site, and have been going strong ever since. I am SO UPSET right now that he thinks I have done otherwise, that he does not believe me. I even told him he would have smelled it because I spend every night next to him on the couch. I don't know how to fix this.uch::boohoo: Just need anothers vantage point.

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Sunshine-I can see why you would be upset- but he has to know that he hasn't smelled it on you, either-thus giving you the benefit of the doubt...I wouldn't let it bother you- just keep on being al free and he will see you are being truthful... Congrats on 39 days, btw!
              It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Good Morning Fluffy! I didn't want to get up this morning, but had to ! Glad that day 1 went well for you I just know that mine is going to go well for me too.

SST - so sorry about the thing with Hubs - but you can't change the past - you can only tell him - that you haven't had a drink in 39 days. That there is no way for you to prove it. that he can either believe it or not. And just don't discuss it any more. I understand where the both of you are coming from - my hubs hid booze and I knew, and could smell it on him - or thought I could, but wasn't really sure. So, it is something that is just going to have to take time. Sad for you, when now you are being honest and open and up front, but as you said, you can see it from his point of view too. Anyway, it must be great for you to know that you are not lying about it!! And 39 days - that is awesome!! I am sorry I am not being more help on it but think it is hard for both of you. It is going to take time.

Good morning to everyone else - no time to name everyone as I haven't showered yet and need to iron some clothes too - didn't end up ironing last night!! But you all know who you are - thank you for your support everyone!!

Love and hugs, Sun XX
                How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Good morning friends. I am running a little behind this morning...but wanted to say Hello to everyone and wish you all a great day! SST-I agree with the others....your actions speak louder than words, just continue being yourself and try to let this incident go. After 39 days, you would think that your hubby could see a huge difference....but you know what? You are feeling the happiness of being AF - and that is really what counts right now. Try not to let his accusations hurt you....you know the truth! Kudos to you for being AF for 39 days!!! I hope you have a great night!

Sunny-it was really, really good to talk to you, too. It has been too long and I need to be more diligent in calling you. I am sending positive thoughts and willpower to you today.

I'll be back later today.....Love to all.
                  Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

Okay, I just finished dinner and wanted to type some more.
                    Thank you for the feedback, I need it.
                    SunSD, I am losing the weight VERY slowly. I too love those cream eggs. I bought a bunch of them after Easter for half price. I work as a manager at Salad shop. I did work at Starbucks for 8 years, You get to meet all kinds of people there. I'm sure the book store is the same.
                    Fluff, YAy day 2!
                    Thank you for all being so welcoming. I am glad I joined this thread. I am just going to relax, and head to bed soon. Hubs has been asleep since our misunderstanding (at 7pm.) Hope you all have a wonderful day!!!:l

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Morning, my peeps! Looks like another beautiful day here. I think I'll get mum's visit out of the way early, so I can enjoy it. I wore shorts yesterday, and the glare from my legs didn't cause a single traffic accident! :H

Comment

Sorry about hubs, SST...just keep plugging away at the A free days. Sooner or later he'll see that you're the real deal. :l

Comment

Morning all.....
                          Fennel - my legs can stop cars. You can hear the screeching tires and the screams...........it's a white whale walking down the street. :H:H
                          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

SST, I can SO identify with what you're saying. Not only did I hide it (oh, we thought we were slick didn't we!) but I didn't clean this big old museum for years. So now, I'm digging out, pulling out, and he's helping. We constantly find old empties, still! I'll just tell you that trust is a very precious thing. Once we lose it, it takes a very long time for it to be rebuilt. I've even called Hubs 'the bloodhound' because of all the same things you talk about. Let him talk to you first. If he wants to discuss it, OK. I suggest you start off with 'I understand why you feel this way', but assure him you are innocent, and only time and your actions will prove you out. It's ugly and hurtful for a while, but it will pass, hon.
                            Fluff, there's something about you that just makes me smile. I'm so happy you joined us here!
                            RC, ain't technology grand? NOT!!! I have 5 times the broken electronics as I have that work! Hang in there, sweet friend. You are SO tough!
                            Fen, your winters are wicked, but isn't spring grand!! Hope you're getting back into your groove now that you have someone else to look after your mom for a while. It sounds like she's a feisty one, like you! :H
                            Sunni, I 'm proud and in awe of you for being brave enough to be open, make a commitment, and ask for support here. Many times that's the biggest stumbling block for people, fear. I hope you've looked at ways to come up with a plan for what you know are triggers. I know many of my fails were because they just weren't thought out before. We ARE all in this together, aren't we?
                            Oh, and thank you so much for not mentioning age. I mean, you must have really learned compassion and consideration in school when you sat next to Jesus.
                            sigpic
                            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

good morning one and all .. wel SST like everyone has said it does take time .. so just keep doing your best .. he will come around and awesome job on 39 days keep it going and dont slow down ..
                              well just a quik pop in an im off .. love and hugs one and all have a great day enjoy stay strong and shifting forward and thinking positive
                              :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                              best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Nora, I've seen your picture. You are BEAUTIFUL!!!
                                Believe it or not, I actually had requests to see a pic of me last night, (only later did I remember using pictures for scarecrows and dart boards!) so this is NOT self promotion. I promised, so I apologize to those who have to see it again, OK? Thank you. And this is the LAST of me if I can help it!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X