The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!! for may

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well Rubes...one positive thing...you can just not hear Hubs fussing.....I realy am sorry though and I love you
    I had one Bosnian and one Phillipino apply today...can I just ask that I be able to understand them???
    Sage travels Rog and happy reading
    Sunni...AF is better than NF in my opinion...one thing at a time
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Oh Ruby - I am so sorry about the hearing thing - I have heard hearing aids are very expensive - I will probably need one in 20 years or so so must start saving. seriously - was this from the gun firing? Or has it been building from before that? What on earth has been going on? I really do feel for you and am SO sorry about it all. What a bummer.

Jan - had to laugh - my mum said that in her opinion, NF is better than AF !! She has a book that says if you HAVE to drink, then one should drink Guinness as it is so good for you, and mum thinks that smoking is so bad for you (rightly so) so she said that I should drink! LOL

Vicki - am loving seeing the pictures - Sharla is so pretty - and the pictures of her and the little ones are so sweet!! And do not beat yourself up for whatever you did/did not do at the wedding 'cos it is gone and you can't change the past - so why worry about it - accept it and move forward - did you enjoy it? yes? good - then stop thinking about what was - and think what a great time was had by all - I look forward to more pics!! I bet your house isn't as bad as you think it is either - just rest and enjoy your peace before your guests arrive!

Fen - dear Fen - accept that you CAN'T have any of ruby's biscuits. The dogs will have your tail for their play toy. Go home and cook your own biscuits!

And talking of home, I have very puffy itchy eyes - in an effort to get rid of wrinkles (SHUT UP Ruby) I used an eye cream that I am obviously allergic to - my eyes were so puffed up this morning they were little slits - all day today they have itched and driven me crazy! Now they are still itching and red and swollen and still driving me crazy. I used it three days ago - how long is this going to last for Pete's sake !!! My eyebrows itch, my forehead itches, under my eyes itch. GGGRRRRRR. If I rub it, it is bliss for that minute - but that leaves HUGE wrinkles!!!! ROTFL Oh dear - I can only laugh!

And on that note, I need to get going - OH - one more thing - I saw a hummer today - and I didn't have my feeder out yet - so rushed to get it out - within 10 minutes, I had two hummingbirds visit! They visit every year and I usually have it out before I see the first one but was behind the curve this year - it is lovely to see them at the feeder this year - and I used a stool to put it up - NOT the whiskey barrel! no more broken feet!

Back later,

hugs, Sun XX
      How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

hey there sunshine try some aloe that might help ... not in the eye but around them ...love and hugs sunshineD
        AND TRY SOME BENADRYL FOR allergy
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

This Sat. I am getting my butt into gear. I want to start my af journy.
          I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

DriftyAlison0;1116834 wrote: This Sat. I am getting my butt into gear. I want to start my af journy.
            awesome drifty you can do anything you set your mind to and we are all here for you stay strong and thinking positive

Comment

Drifty, welcome and congratulations on wanting to give up alcohol. It is a journey and we are all on it and ready to help one another in need. You'll find lots of love and support here, so let's get started! Tell us a little about yourself. Sunni, I am so sorry you had a reaction to something, but Roger had good advice, benedryl and aloe. I did something way more stupid than that. A week before the wedding, I laid out to get a littlle sun and I held my head back so that my neck could be as brown as my makeup. Yep, got so sunburned and at the wedding, my whole chin and neck was pealing, but I put moisturizer on before the makeup and thankfully, it didn't all flake off! Ya just gotta laugh at life and yourself sometimes! As hard as I try to be perfect, I never am and never will be! But hey, I'm sober and I have not desired alcohol in months! Paul, meanwhile, is drinking a case of beer every two days and he is so hard to deal with sometimes, like now, but I just keep praying for him and trying to set a good example for him. But I have realized that my sobriety is about ME not him. When I make up my mind to quit smoking, I will, but unfortunately I am not ready. Giving up cigs is hard, Sunni, so go easy on yourself and focus on getting sober before giving up smokes. Just my 2 cents worth. Roger, I can tell you are excited to be going to Ruby's. I hope you all have a wonderful time and you get to work your butt off, like you did for me. Jan, I'm so worried about you. I can tell this job is draining everything out of you. I am praying you find some good help, like Roger, and are able to slow down some. We love you and miss you! I love you all and hope everyone has a good night! Love, Vicki
              I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
              but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

I have been modding since Aug. of 2009.Before I Modded I attempted sev. quits with the same result, I will do fine, and then cave in, the longest being an 8 week period with only 2 drinks. After that recent failure, I was tired of quitting and then failing so I thought that I would give modding a try to cut down of my drinking (with making changes to my modding every now and then and did a 30 day af spurt then resumed modding. I also did a 20 day af run too. I promised myself that one day I will quit for good, I gathered the tools that I need, told my mom that I am planning on quitting (dunno why but I didn't tell my mom sooner) and she is going to join me on cutting down although she doesn't drink much anyways. She supports me 100 percent. And with you all, I will kick AL's ass.
                I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

I can't believe it is morning already! It can't be - can it? Oh gosh, yes it is. Groan.......

Welcome Drifty - I am sure that you will do just fine - you have so many AF days under your belt - as Rog says, you can do anything you set your mind to!!

Vicki - good for you being AF - that is wonderful especially with all the stress of the wedding, and you will just have to deal with Paul the best you can. As for the smoking - like me, it will happen when it does.

My eyes are even worse this morning and I think from constantly poking at them and rubbing them, they are now infected - they woke me up numerous times during the night. I will run to Walgreens when another manager comes in today at noon and see what I can get - at least get some drops to try and ease them a bit. If that doesn't help, well, maybe have to go to Urgicare (HATE the thought of that - 4 hours wasted!!).

Good morning to everyone else - Jan, Grateful, Fen, RC (a little MIA these days?) Hill, Fluff, Ruby, Rog, Tony, Nora, and anyone else I have forgotten - off to get ready for work.

Love and hugs to all,

Love, Sun XX
                  How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Goodmorning everyone, I hope you are doing well.

Welcome aboard drifty, you can achieve your goals, and we are here to help.
                    Vicki, the pictures are beautiful, I am very happy for you. It looks like you had a wonderful time

I am still recovering from my crazy busy two weeks. Thrown in the middle of that, my boss asked me if I still drank scotch (he was looking to get me a little thank you present), and I told him no. He asked if I drink beer or wine, and I replied "I don't really drink much anymore". He was fine with it, and we moved on. It was hard to believe the words that came out of my mouth. I am comfortable with what I disclosed, it just seems sureal. He knows that I used to drink a lot, and he and I drank on many occasions together. I am not sure if he was "fishing" about my sobriety, even so, I don't mind if he was. That is the biggest step I have taken in a long time.

Take care everyone,
                    Hill
                    Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Welcome, drifty!

Morning, all ...Sun, I hope your eyes will be okay. Sounds most unpleasant!

I'm still out back, hoping that Rubes will throw me a biscuit! Rog, Vick, Nora, mama, Grateful, and fluffernutter - I hope you all have a great day.

Comment

That is really great Hillside, well done. I hope I get there some day.

Sunn, it must be morning for you, and almost bedtime for me. YAY

Ruby, sorry about your hearing. Hope they find a good/easy solution.

Hope you all have a lovely day!

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Goodnight, SST!

Comment

NIght Fen!!

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

good morning one and all ..
                              sunshine D hope you eyes get better ...
                              sunshine T anything is possable just keep working it one day at a time ...
                              hill buddy thats awesome buddy
                              well sitting here drinking my coffee ... have an awesome day one and all

Comment

Good morning friends! Sunny-I am worried about your eyes...sounds like you really should have them checked out soon....Hill-what a great feeling to tell someone that you don't drink....I get asked a lot from my sis-in-law to come have some wine with her and I keep telling her I don't drink anymore...I'm not embarrassed to say it. Vicki-you always look tan....when we get together, I'm going to look like a ghost next to you! When is Sharla coming? I wish I could hop on a plane and join you two!!

Ruby-where are you, dear? Please don't be bummed....come back and talk to us. I miss you!

Hi to Fen out back in Ruby's yard or porch....watch out for TMB! Roger-when do you leave? I envy you and Sue getting to hang out with Rubes.

SST-I hope you have a great night's sleep. Drifty-I'm really glad that you are here with us. Hi, Jan-good luck finding a new man! (well, you know what I mean-maintenance man!).

And to everyone else-have a great Thursday and please check in and let us know how you all are!

Love to all.
                                Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

Working...
                                X