The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!! for may

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, friends. I am having computer problems at home...actually I guess just my computer-won't connect to the internet. I tried to play with it this morning, but I ran out of time. Anyway, it's good to see everyone here.....especially RC after her run-in with the electric fence! You are so lucky, girl! Nora....you have such a nice son-I think I would faint if either one of my sons took me to dinner!
    Sunny-I am so glad that your eyes feel better-or at least look better. What a scare! Those storms are terrible....I feel so bad for the people in Joplin - and this morning they said there are more storms headed their way and there is absolutely no shelter for them.....We had a minor tornado in PA...actually the county where Jeremy's father lives.

I talked with Vicki last night and would like to ask that everyone keep her in your thoughts and prayers...she is going thru a rough time right now.

Well, back to work for me. Love to all.
    Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

Hi everyone sorry I droped off the earth for so long. My family and I are going through some realy bad and rough times at the moment and I have been drinking so I have not felt good enough to post. Please keep me and my family in your prayers we need them. I hope all of you are doing OK as I think about you guys all the time. I am sorry that I can't tell you what is going on right now because it realy is that bad i will eventualy tell the story but right now I feel alone and trying to keep family together.

Comment

Biz - our thoughts and prayers are with you. hang in there. you will come through this and be fine. :l:l

hugs, Sun XX
        How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

hey there one and all just a quik checkin souds like everyone is doing good or as best they can to handle life on lifes terms well sending prayers and good vibes ..one and all keep it going later ya'll heheheheh
          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Good Morning all... Sorry, I still haven't quite figured out the "thread response stuff".
            Hill- My sobriety came to an abrupt halt/restart on August 12th, 2010. Sober since... prior to that, one year and eight days. Like I said I've had a decade plus of sobriety than a few years "off the wagon". It's been a roller coaster ride that caused some pretty heavy heartache. (don't get me wrong...some of it was dang fun). I can not drink in moderation... I've tried. That leaves me one option. ABSTINENCE. . I do have great support from hubby. He's great, just not wholly compassionate. He doesn't understand the thought processes that happen when I'm funky... his brother committed suicide while using meth and cocaine. He loves me to death but it is difficult to speak to him about what is going on in my head because he just doesn't get it. So, it's great to have found you guys. My boys, parents, sissy....are all huge supporters and I can speak freely with sis but it's still not the same. I am the only one in the family "with issues". Hahahaha... issues! Yes, my problem is referred to as "her issue". They'll blurt out that I'm a "t-totaler" and an "epileptic" but still fear saying ALCOHOL. hahaha. It's all good but again, finding this site has been absolutely stupendous Big hugs to all and have a dandy day.

Comment

My son's going into the forces. Heavy artillery n tanks n shit...shit...shit...shit! He's 18 and he thinks he's better off with no parents! I'd like to put my ex in front of a tank right now.

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Oh RC - I am so sorry - gosh, it just never stops for you does it...... but you know they will do what they want to anyway. I feel for you and am sending warm hugs your way :l:l:l:l

Love, Sun XX
                How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Ringing Cedars... I just read your post... Be at peace my friend. My eldest son had a child at 16... Not on purpose mind you.... He became a father two months after his 16th birthday. The guy is brilliant. He graduated from high school the same year. He had been wanting to go into the military since he was knee high. Sooooo, at 17 he joined. My ex-husband and I had to "release parental rights" in order for him to do so. He did very well. He served his country with honor... had a few tours in Iraq...doesn't talk much about it and I doubt he ever will. He was a sniper..... was hurt during a re-con but came home safe and sound.... He is a joy and a wonderful father... (he's the brut that gave me three grandson's and A little step-grand daughter). It sucks to let go but I honestly feel that the military gives our young people some great opportunities. But, if your son is adament tell him to hit up the Air Force or the Navy... they see very little field time. Unless, of course, he would like to go infantry?? makes better grade if he chooses something else. Has he taken the AsFab? Either way sweetheart...sometimes, letting the little chicks fly hurts like a motherF... but, we are always the one they come back to... They only "think" they are better off without parents. Please, be proud of his choice... sounds like he's a good man.

Comment

Still no time for one-on-one replies, but I just have to tell you, RC, you had EVERYONE in stitches with your fencing story!!! (Glad your'e OK).
                    I'll catch ya'll later. Hugs from the sweaty navel of the earth! :H
                    sigpic
                    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Thanks Sunshine--I feel a bit better just posting it--God I hate crying in the store-doesn't exactly leave me looking the picture of health. I told him Go if he must, but please don't go without my love and don't go angry. Haha there was a reason I wanted it to be Monday this morning.

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

RC...I really feel for you. My son keeps saying he is joining the military when he is done school (next year) and I am having a hard time with that. Rene-thank you for the post you did for RC....it helped me too. I know we have to let our kids go....I am just having a harder time, I think, because my son is my "baby".... I had him when I was older and more "mature" than I was with the first 2.....but you are so right.
                        Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

Thank you Grateful and Rene. My son was my baby too.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Hello, dear family. I've been cleaning and putting up green beans, squash and lots of kale, but I needed a sit down break to rest. Rene, I completely understand you needing to talk to people who understand what you are going through and how powerful alcohol is and can destroy your life, family, marriage, if you LET it! It is a long journey and as long as you don't give up, you can overcome the desire for alcohol! Thank you for sharing your story about your son. It sounds like you have a very supportive family who love you. Nora, it was so nice of your son to take you and hubby out to dinner. I wish my hubby would leave for a couple of weeks, but I know you will mss yours. Remember, we are ALWAYS here for you! Sunni, I hope one day the sun finds you and sticks around! Bad weather is so gloomy and sometimes, life threatening. I hope your doggies get used to one another. My one wants loving all the time. I couldn't imagine giving 3 all my attention! Hill, I am so excited you are sleeping better and doing so well. RC, add some stripes in with your solids and set out some unique, interesting and pretty pieces to sit around. I will be praying that your son makes the right decision for him. I can only imagine how hard that would be, but as Rene says, we have to let them go and it is so hard! Fennel, so sorry you don't have internet service. I can't see well enough to function on my little cell phone! Biz, so glad to see you back again. I am sorry you are having so many problems and I will pray for you and your family. Please stay in touch with us!
                            Well, Paul and I had a pretty serious fight last night, which left me in tears and determined I was moving out! His drinking turns him into such a mean person and he is so hard to live with, especially when he acts as if he hates me and I am the reason he drinks. Our 20th wedding anniversary is June 1 and I do love him, but hate his alcohol problem and he absolutely refuses to quit drinking! So please pray for me and him, because I really am "stuck" here, since I don't drive and really have no place to go and no one that can take care of me in emergencies! I wouldn't dare burden my parents or children with my problems. I was listening to a sermon today and she said "If you pray for your husband to quit drinking and don't really believe he will, then he won't. You have to pray for him and be patient and trust that God will help him" Wow! I felt like that was really spoken to me, so I am going to do better and stop fussing at him when he drinks. Instead, I will just stay away from him. Last night I picked the garden until dark, then sat on the patio until he went to bed. He went to work today (PTL!) so I'm hoping he has a different attitude today, since I told him last night I was going to move out! Grateful, thank you for being such a sweet friend to me and encouraging me like you do. I love you so much and I will pray for Jeremy, too! Ruby and Roger, we miss you and hope you are having a great time together! I love you all! Vicki
                            I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
                            but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

Hello everyone,
                              Hadn't checked in here in awhile. Just running off to work, but letting you know I was wishing you all well!

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Vick, I don't agree with that sermon. If you don't believe or have faith that your hubs will stop drinking, he won't? Why is the onus on you? There's nothing that makes sense about that idea. I suggest a good old fashioned ultimatum. I think there are more options than you realize... Pay attention to that quote in your signature, about all things being possible!

R.C....Sorry you're feeling blue about your son. It's true though...kids do what they will do. Support him the best way you can. :l

Comment

Working...
                                X