X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!! for may

Love the analogies, Hill!
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Good morning Jammers! Hill your description made me laugh too. This will be my second year not playing due to my buggered knee. It doesn't hurt but I know it's very sloppy and can't take the pivoting. The last couple of years I did play were mostly painful as I kept taking it for the team. In my earlier/late baseball career my son called me crazy legs. He said I ran funny. Didn't understand what he meant so asked a few people and they seemed as perplexed as I was. Perhaps they were just being kind. lol Have fun and whack a rabbit for me!
      Merry and Nelz you guys are doing fantastic! Drifty and Rene-hope you got through the weekend strong too.
      Tony hope you get good news soon about the job. Grateful-how was the celebration? You'll be cleaning for a week now.
      Sunshine hope your mini holiday is kicking off on a relaxing note. I'm glad I cut my grass when I did or it would be a foot long by now-we've had rain ever since.
      Safe trip to Rog and Sue and have fun with the family Rubes-I know you will. Thanks for all the lovely pics you've shared. They beam with pride for your family.
      I feel like I'm walking around in a dream. My dad has written some heart warming words how I have been in his heart and mind for 51 years--that we both lost but hopes we can be a family forever finally. A bit scary and wonderful at the same time.
      I am going to attack some of the piled boxes around the house today. Was hoping to make some dump runs in my rag top turned mini half ton with the top down but looks like rain AGAIN. Maybe I'll be a couch potatoe instead. Some one kick my arse in gear please and I don't mean al wise. None for me last night which I find a bit surprising under the circumstances. All good.
      Hey Mama I bet your having a blast with your new toy--that is if the boys let you on it??
      Hi to everyone--and have a great day! xoxo

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

RC, all I can advise is to not project expectations from your new relationship, but at the same time leave your heart open to re-establishing a broken bond. He sounds like a good guy. You lived your life, but try to put yourself in his shoes during all those years. And it's obvious he wanted to have a connection to you. I can only imagine he has tremendous guilt, bringing you into this world and then not being there to be your Daddy. This can be a wonderful, fulfilling paart of your life, helping you understand things, and completing the questions you've had about both him and yourself. I KNOW your'e a bit skeptical, and that is good, but leave yourself open to the good parts that can come from this. I'm HAPPY for you.
        Hill, you are an inspiration in your dedication to family. Let that be your beacon to being the best Daddy and husband your family needs. Now is the time to be in their lives, because it does get more difficult as they transition into adults. But from experience, I've learned those experiences stick. Our two are hardworking, dedicated family-oriented people, warts and all. Keep it up, love.
        sigpic
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Well, guess I'm talking to meself this weekend! Anyhoo, The Rogers have left the building, and all my family is headed to the cabin. Not sure when we'll get there, but there better not be anyone in my bedroom! The dozen plus who're coming are welcome, but I have my space which is inviolable. I DON'T share! :H
          sigpic

Comment

Hi ruby - I am here but daughters were here too - one has headed off to the zoo with one grands and the other has popped out and then coming back to help me with the tree limb in the garden!

Have a wonderful day everyone - no time to chat!!

Hugs, Sun X
            How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Hey all...posting from my mom's house.

R.C., I am glad you're reconnecting with your dad. :h

Rubes, sounds like you had a blast with the Rogers!

Congrats to you, Merry! Thirteen days is fabulous. You keep on doing what you're doing. :h

Hill, I love the way you describe your batting style. I can't imagine what mine would be like after all these years.

Sun, I hope you've been having fun with the grands! (ducking) :H

Well, as most of you know, I've been blocked off from MWO from my place of residence. I discovered from the server that has me blocked that MWO must email them at an email I provided, and ask that my IP be removed from the "blocked" category. It has something to do with their firewall. I've emailed, and Sun has also done so on my behalf, but I've received no reply. Does anybody here know how to get through to the powers that be? It would be so nice to be able to post from my own home and not from a coffee house or my phone.

Comment

Hi fen ! NO GRANDS! E took one to the zoo - and the other is st home with his dad - R came alone which is really nice - I came in for some water - I am trying to work on the rather large tree limb that is over my fence and all over my fresh new grass!! It is so hot and sticky out. R is going to help when she gets back from the shops. we are making some veggie taco stuff later so she went to buy stuff - oh she is back -

Hugs, sun XX
                How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Sun, do you have a chain saw or a sawzall? How big is the tree branch? I'm glad E has the little kiddo out to the zoo. Gives you a bit of time to hang out with R and tackle the tree.

We're having storms here...mum's cat is all over me, the poor dear! He is so fearful of storms.

Comment

Hey Fennel--good to see you. I'm sorry I'm confused about your pc situation--who exactly is blocking your IP address? You and Sunni contacted the moderators and no reply? I can contact them too if it will help, I would need to be more clear on the request though.

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

I lay down and took a VERY long nap once my wonderful guests left, and it was good for me, despite my guilt over sleeping during the day. Hubs finally came in to be sure I was alive, and we've been gardening since then. I'm trying to get all my s**t together to go to the cabin, but son left today, grnddaughter and friends are going tomorrow. We'll be picking up 3 on our way up, and there will be 7 there when we arrive. Which will increase the number to 12. PLUS, daughter and SIL will be spending the nights there. I've already warned them all, I will not be their cook, or babysitter. We'll see how that goes, with a bunch of kids and teens with the permanent munchies! But you guys will have your Roger back soon.
                      Fen, I'm a computer idiot, as well as anything connected with electronics. But if anyone can spell out to me how to help you, I will. You are an invaluable contributor here, and I truly wish you could post more often.
                      Sunni, I know just how you're feeling. We LOVE having them visit, spending time with our offspring, but it's so nice to have them back in their own world. Nothing to be ashamed of; they love it on their own turf too when they become adults. Cherish your time together. It rocks our little world a minute, but it's worth it. Our son and daughter like things that fit in twith THEIR schedule!
                      RC, you are always on my mind. Again, I'm thinking about a new world opening to you, even though it will bring up old feelings. But they need to be resolved, understood. I was really happy your daughter 'friended' your Dad already. The others will follow, when this works out.
                      Hubs has been an angel. Since he got back from his long Harley ride, while I was sleeping, he mopped the floors, washed clothes, straightened up the house. He's working on his garden now. He DOES love his plants; went out and bought some more stuff to spray on the plants (all natural) to help them produce more. I don't know whether to be happy or scared of that prospect. The Rogers and I went one day and checked on my fruit/nut trees, and they are absolutely loaded down. Pears, horsechestnuts, apples, plums, figs, and peaches, and all the wild blackberries, on our property. Plus, my cousin has about a dozen blueberry bushes she begs me to come pick. So it will be a busy canning summer. When I get to the cabin, I'm going over to pick strawberries at a big new field nearby, and freeze or make jam from them.
                      Anyway, enough about me. Hope we hear from everyone soon. Don't be afraid to post what's going on in your day. Apparently I'm not! :h
                      sigpic

Comment

Happy Memorial Day Weekend........Hope you all are enjoying your Hot Dogs and such ! Ha! What a beautiful weekend so far...weather wise in the North Atlantic. Hope everyone is having a AF good time. Keep Jamin' man ! Ha! Tony
                        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                        Dr. Seuss

Comment

fennel;1122269 wrote:
                          Does anybody here know how to get through to the powers that be?
                          Hi Fennel,

Try 'Contact Us' at the bottom of this page and explain your problem there.
                          Hello to all Gear Shifters

Comment

Oh Tawny is that it?

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Hi RC , yes, that's where I usually go if I have a problem and I've always had a reply from someone.

Comment

Yes, both sun and I have mailed from the "contact us " link ...to no avail.

Comment

Working...
                                X