The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!! for may

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok fine--have i not put you to bed yet? Thanks again Tawny--can you all make sure to let the powers that be know?

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

You're not

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

My sleep schedule is completely screwed up, since I slept yesterday. Of course, I woke at 5:30 AM yesterday, which was good since I was able to make a big 'for the road' breakfast for The Rogers. I know he tried to call last night, but Hubs was on call, as usual, and ended up having to go in to work, and has to go today. Bummer.
        Fen, I'm hoping you get a resolution. I'm absolutely nohelp with technical stuff; I have the grands come fix stuff for me. Rog said he needed to use his phone camera once and had to get a nearby teen to show him how to work it! In-laws had no idea they even had a camera in their phones.
        I guess we're buying the property from cousin. The bad thing is in-laws went to look at it and they want to live there. You have to understand, this woman paints rocks in pastel colors to put in her flower beds! Oh well, they won't be in my back yard any more. And if I get them moved we can put this property up for sale. That would be great, after we got everything moved.
        Zen, Tawny, always good to see you drop by! Hope you can help our resident squirrel. We need to see more of herself!
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Good Monday morning everone, I hope you are well. I think a lot of you have a Holiday today, enjoy your long weekend. I had mine last week, so I am off to work today.

Well my swing was still horrible, I managed to hit one out of the park, well, actually it hit the top of the fence and bounced out of the park, still counts right ! Our first game is tonight, should be fun.
          Take care everyone,
          Hill
          Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Hill, sounds like a lot of fun! YES! Out of the park is out of the park. You do that again about 4 or 5 times tonight and you'll be MVP for sure.
            sigpic
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Happy Memorial Day Friends! Hill-hope you have a great game tonight! Ruby-if you sell your current property, where are you going to live? Are you building a cabin on your farm? How close is your cousin's property to you now? So, our commune will have your in-laws in it too....okay. I can deal with that.

Well, my family party went well...started off a little shaky as my parents came an hour early...I was in the shower and wasn't 100% ready so I started getting a little stressed out...then I finally calmed down and said "it is what it is"....at least I had finished cleaning the house that morning. I had to order a new tarp for the gazebo that we just bought last year (cheap material!) and of course it came the afternoon of the party....I invited the Fedex guy to come down and get some food - and he did! Everybody laughed at me for inviting him....but that's me! When it was all said and done, I was in so much pain from my sciatic nerve, my sister gave me a pain pill and I slept for 12 hours! I couldn't believe it when I woke up at 10:45 on Sunday...I was so mad...I hate sleeping so late and felt like I had wasted the day! Needless to say, I ddin't do much yesterday.....Today, I am planning on doing more!

I hope all of you have a beautiful day and of course remember our soldiers.

Love to all.
              xx
              Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

Good Morning everyone and yes - remember our soldiers!! Grateful - so funny re the fed-ex guy - sounds like something I would do too! Glad that it all went fine and good for you with the attitude - makes it far less stressful!

I am really glad that you are all trying to help get Fen here from her computer - it has been a real pain for her to just post from her phone.

Ruby - if your in-laws move to the cousins property, then you would sell their property - right? So how far would you be from them then? Far enough?? LOL I do hope that you manage to get some rest at the cabin - although with the whole troop that is going, it doesn't sound as if you will!!

Hill - I know little about baseball, but it sounds to me that if it hit anything and went out of the park, then it went out!! LOL Good luck today. And do it again!!

Hi Zen and Tawny - good to see you here. Come back more often won't you?

Hope the Rogers have an uneventful trip home - I will hope to see Rog post this evening.

Have a wonderful day everyone. I have a full day planned - getting mums room ready and then of course- WEEDING.

Hugs, Sun X
                How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Grateful, Hubs and I want to build a smaller house on my land at the farm. That and the house we're buying is all part of my grandparent's, great, and great-great grandparent's family farm. I'm trying to buy back as much as possible and keep it intact. One of my cousins sold her mother's to an 'interloper' but other than that small piece, my family owns the last mile of the road. And I've been blessed by a having a wonderful husband and son who want to buy it up now while prices are so low. We're just trying to buy it without changing our overall plan of not increasing our monthly expenses, and having everything paid off in 2 years so Hubs can retire. Our son has always loved the old place, and really wants to build his own house there. As far as the in-laws, they can buy it outright if they decide to, and it will get them at least further away from me! I only insist that it be in my name, and I have some control over their tackiness (no painted rocks or pink flamingoes!) and that the chimney still standing that my grandfather and his father built is not disturbed. Rog says it can be dismantled and moved if I want, so that's a project for his next visit, when I actually own it and we start building our new house.
                  This house is wonderful, and was perfect for raising a family. But it has acres of grass, 15 'rooms', 2 stories, 8 outbuildings, a pool, and is just too big for us to maintain in retirement. Hopefully, it is unique enough (built around 1830) to attract a buyer in this down period of real estate. Another cousin, who owns a piece I really want, has never lived here, and will sell me his as soon as I make an offer. I know things change, but it's hard to watch it slip away, given our history. By selling this property, we can do all the things we want to do, and build up the farm to it's former glory (?) (read: depression era farm family!)
                  My grandfather was born in 1880, my grandmother in 1891, on a Cherokee reservation in what then was Oklahoma Territory. My mother, 10th of 11 babies, never had running water, electricity, toting water up from the artesian spring at the bottom of the hill, heat only from double fireplaces and a wood cookstove, but I remember her sitting with her sisters, down at the cabin, talking about the old days, and all agreeing they'd go back in a second if they could. I just want some of that peace and history back, for myself and my family. Again, I'm so thankful for having the support of my husband and son. (daughter has built her life in a different direction, but loves to visit.) There are only 3 surviving siblings now, none in good health. The youngest is 76, and her biggest dream is to move back there. Sadly, none of her children will support that, so I don't think it will happen.
                  Sorry I've gone on so long, but just thinking of the memories opens a floodgate of emotions and memories. And if we don't try to preserve the good in our past, we lose it, and are filled with regrets at what happens. My family has owned the land since the Indians ceded it in a treaty early in the 1800's. I can't stand to see it trashed with cheap houses and people who don't care about it's history. Thankfully, it's so remote it's not in high demand, and those who want to sell to me really need the money, and don't have the same memories I do.
                  Sorry again, I'm rambling. Comes from not having Sue and Rog to talk to! :H Hubs was called in to work, but he'll get 2 days off for it. We're leaving tomorrow to join the kids already at the cabin, and I'm going to sleep, sun, and NOT COOK! (believe that?)
                  Just had the funniest scenario on my screened porch. I've blocked off the dog food barrell, but Fen's cousins keep trying. One squirrel was out there, and I let Tinker and Sadie out there. Wish I'd been quick enough to video the ensuing ruckus!! The squirrel made leaps that defy gravity, racing round and round, behind the freezer, up the screen, on the ceiling fan (which was slowly spinning). Tink hasn't quit barking the last 30 minutes, daring them to come back in. Oh well, life is NEVER dull here.
                  Grateful, I'm putting you in charge of the dining room at the commune. Everyone has to work and grow the food, and you get to delegate the work, cooking, and serving times. No hard labor for you, you've done enough. You and Addy can take charge very nicely, and no one eats for free! :H
                  Rog is our resident handyman, always on call. Never saw anyone who loved to work in the woods for the sake of staying busy. He accomplished wonderful things here, all the time saying he was having fun! We need to consider what animals we'll have, but they must all be productive. SIL is working on becoming a master beekeeper, but the little rural county has tons of farms for specialized products: honey, meats, eggs, cheese, milk, alpaca products, homegrown produce. It's easy to imagine living off the grid here. The county has one traffic light, but a big, beautiful, lazy Chattahoochee running through it. And everyone knows your name. Works out nicely, at least for people like me who love their seclusion.
                  I promise, I'll quit now. I just get wound up when I start thinking about history. I hope you all take the time to research yours, and decide now (yes, I'm the oldest!) how you want to spend your 'later' years, and make them what you all want to express in your life. Leave a legacy, whether it's having your children work with you, passing on family lore (there's always been a rumor that gold was buried on the family property during the Civil War, and not recovered because gggrandaddy died) so it's a fun search, telling your children about your history, and finding a peaceful place to do what you've always dreamed of. Being sober, even with medical ailments, gives you an immense amount of time to explore your life. Take it. Don't make excuses or complaints. Lives are finite, and at the end, we want to know we are surrounded by people who truly care, and we've done things that make a difference. If that's not what we're living, we need to change, and think about how to follow our dreams.
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks so much for the links, Zen. :h

Hot and sunny today! Going to tend to mum's cat and go on a bike ride around the lake with Mrs.Fen! Have to tend to dad's grave today, per mum's request. He was a WWII vet. He's my hero.

Hope you're all having a great day!

Comment

Fen, Daddy did 3 tours in Korea during the 'conflict'. Had severe frostbite in his feet from shoddy boots, but he was a patriot to the end. There's a service today at the war memorial here, where a family friend will be honored who gave his life in Viet Nam. Daddy never missed the services, so I'll be going in his place. He was my hero too. God bless you.
                      sigpic

Comment

I just cannot imagine what it must have been like for those who fought in our wars - all we can do is honour them, and thank them.

sun X
                        How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

hello one and all .. im back home and sue is running around like a chickenwith her head cut off she is pissed the place is a fucking mess .. but anyway im not so happy to be home but here i am and sammie was happy to see me and coco too ... all the unuse tools are put back up and trailer and truck did great going and coming home ... well looks like everyone is doing good and its great to be on my computer where i can some what type .. dont like laptop too well .. ...
                          and fennel good job on bringing the whole family to eat the dog food on the screen porch.. really too funny in the morning watching and then heading ruby say we are going to have stew...
                          well im off to get some things done around here and then relax and read back ..
                          love and big hugs and hey i MISS YOU ALL :l:h:l:h
                          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Welcome back Rog - we missed you!!! Bet you worked hard at Ruby's though!! It really is good to see you - why is your place such a mess? was someone staying there?

I have been out for a ride on my motorcycle - it was wonderful!! Really warm - but rather windy - kept getting blown about a bit so stayed off the highway!!

Hugs all,

love, Sun XX

Comment

I think I should have put sun screen on my arms - they are turning a lovely bright red colour, especially in the elbow area where they get blood from? lovely and tender there.....oh dear. Oh well, I did enjoy my ride anyway!! Hope you are all enjoying your day...

Hugs, sun X

Comment

YES! Sunny, you need to wear sunscreen whenever you're out, especiallly on a bike.
                                I miss Rog and Sue. Have been a lazy bones today, resting and napping. I hated giving Rog chores to do since I'm cash poor right now, but SO many things need doing. Hubs asked how many times I would go grocery shopping this week! :H I'm used to keeping him fed, and I don't really eat much normally. I still lost weight while they were here, and I don't know how, since it I ate more than usual.
                                Anyway, I hate that that our schedules got messed up since my kids all decided to join us this weeks, but that's what happens in the summer, especially with their schedules. I hope he and Sue had a good, relaxing, time here, even though Rog seemed happiest when he was out cutting down trees and driving the gator!
                                I've been getting non-stop calls from the cabin, son and friends, trying to figure out how to work things. Since I can't hear, I just give the phone to Hubs to deal with. We're supposed to go late tomorrow and join them all, and no one had better be in my bedroom!! They've already asked for their favorite meals, so they may be disappointed!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X