The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!! for may

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey everyone - just been chatting with our Swannie - she is getting better, still not great but doing better every day. It was so good talking with her - she is healing slowly but surely. Hanging in there. I am sending hugs to you Swannie - we need to see you here more!

Yes ruby - I do need to wear sunscreen, especially on the bike - that was really silly of me - didn't even think of it! My arms are reminding me of it now, trust me. I burn so easily being so fair!!

So pleased that the Rogers made it home safely - Ruby it sounds as if you will be getting no rest at all for the next few days! I haven't done a whole lot of anything today but plan on doing stuff tomorrow getting the house ready for my mums visit as apart from Wednesday (when I have my endo) that is my last day off before she arrives!

Fennel is coming down to visit when mum is here so she will meet her too so I am really excited about that as well. Two VIPS at the same time - so MUST get my house in order!!!

Will be back later - love and hugs to all,

love, Sun XX
    How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Evening Jammers~
      Welcome back Roger--good to have your uplifting self back!
      Sunshine I'm envious of your ride--I wouldn't put sun screen on my body though--just where a light shirt loose shirt. And it's so cool that Fennel is going to come for a visit and meet your mom too!
      Rubes--have fun at the cabin--I bet you'll be making as many of those favourite dishes as you can--cuz you love your family!
      I feel like my life is a fricken soap opera. My mom took me when I was a baby without a trace and then at 24 my father gets in touch with me and I live with him for a few months. I come back to my home several provinces away and write him a letter. The now ex wife took my letter and replied to me as if my dad had written it. It wasn't nice. So we lost touch again! Ex decided after I've been there they must now get married after 22 years living together. 10 years later after amassing a small fortune she walks with just about everything. And she alienated my 2 step sons from my dad too. How do some people live with themselves??

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

hang in there RC take it with a grain of salt and leave your lines open ...you cant always finger out what other are thinking but you can keep your mind set on the bigger plan for you ...
        sunshineD put some aloe on so glad you hd a great day ..
        ruby enjoy your family time ... and now where is everyone at today .. come on check in when you can .. and as for me ill be working on the truck .. need to fix my headlight switch and pick up one tool so i can trace down that tapping noise..and make a few calls .. to st up some work .. now i need to pay my bills and other things and when plan A doesnt work time to shift plan B ,C,and D...into over drive and do whats needed ...
        well tomorrow is the last day of the month and time to start another thread who's in ... well love and big hugs have a great day tomorrow enjoy stay strong and keep shifting forward and thinking positive...
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Goodmorning everyone, I hope all is well.

Ringing, I can't believe what some people do either. At the very least, the good news is that she is gone from your lives. I am sorry for the hurt she is causing.
          Rog, welcome back.
          Sunshine and Ruby, yest I did hit one out of the part at my game last night. Clear out this time. I was behind 0-2 in the count, and hit a low pitch out of right field.

Have a great day everyone,
          Hill
          Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

just a quick hello from spudland. hope your all well...
            sunshine... dont wear sunscreen, wear leather, it flippin hurts when you fall off..... i know, i rode bikes for years and finally decided that it hurt too much.... never my fault of course, its the other idiots on the road. thats my lecture for the day.... now lets do something gentle.... crochet perhaps, or flower arranging
            Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
            Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Spuds, your sense of humor always cracks me up!!! I haven't been able to ride since I crushed my leg, but I used to be able to drive my own bike, and have ridden hours with Hubs. I feel completely safe when I'm hanging on to him.
              I so wish I could organize my life, but it seems to just happen in spite of my best plans. Grate, my in-laws show up at LEAST an hour early for anything. I once had a luncheon here for the garden club, and a woman came TWO hours early. She had the times wrong, and I was still in my dressing gown!Hill, CONGRATULATIONS!!! I knew you had it in you. Sobriety DOES help our focus in all things, doesn't it?
              Biz, I've been thinking and worrying about you. You know without me saying that AL is not the answer to our daily troubles. It's only a quick fix, and then it complicates. Please come back and talk about what's going on with you. We are your friends. And we want to support you through this time of
              trouble.
              Even more have joined in the cabin crowd, and all I ask of them is that is they feed themselves and stay out of my bedroom! I've always said, our children don't grow up and leave us, they go out and recruit strangers to bring into my life! I went through that with our children, now it's repeating with my grandchildren. Becks' s Chris, and Tay's John, are very good guys, with great families who love my girls.
              But I was bad, let myself get into a flare, and today I'll rest. VERY hard for me to do, take my own advice. Unfortunately, it only takes a little to upset me. Hate that!! I'm fine, no worries, OK? Will be all good tomorrow.
              sigpic
              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Good morning, folks! I got a bit sunburned yesterday, too. I'm not as fair as sun, but not the type to tan.

R.C., I cannot imagine what you've been through ...I'm with hill, though. Good thing that woman is gone from your lives!

Rubes, you should win the hostess of the year award! I'm curious ...are you an extrovert?

Good to see you, spuds! Now if Swannie shows up, all our avians will be accounted for!

Nora, Grateful, Tony, Vick ...hope you're all doing well

Rog, why was your house dirty? You and Sue haven't even been there!

Ben must have allowed sun to sleep in today. :H

Comment

Well day 30 is here........although it seemed to take a while, it wasnt as bad as the first seven.

Never in my wildest dreams did I think I could go so much as one night without a drink(or twelve). But, as others have said, it does get easier. Just tryin to train my "Alky" brain, that I do not "need" to drink for survival.

I have started eating MUCH healthier, and I can see the progress, as my face, and waist are slimming down. This is such a motivating factor for me, to not pick up the bottle ever again.

Went to the DR. he said I needed to drop about 10 pounds......Lost 6 so far, but looking to lose about a total of 20. Im looking to get back to my fighting weight of 175(206) at the moment.

For all those afraid to tell your Dr. JUST DO IT

Lets all NOT raise a toast.........LOL and stay strong and sober.

Thank you to all who post with wisdom and inspiration
                  Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Congratulations, Nelz! :goodjob:

Comment

Nelz-Great job on 30 days AF! It does get easier, as you say. Hi, Fen..did you work at your new property over the holiday weekend? Hill-congrats on hitting one out of the park! RC-You are such a strong lady.....and I admire your endurance. Ruby-I don't know how you do it.....I was in panic mode for so long just thinking about the family party but you seem to always have people around you. I am definitely not an extrovert...Are your grands done school now? Jeremy's last day is not until June 13th. Then he'll be working for the summer except for a few days when he has to have surgery to have a steel bar removed from his chest (it was put in 3 years ago for his pectus excavatum-which he inherited from me). And, Ruby, I don't understand why you are still losing weight...is your doctor concerned about that? Sunny-I hope you don't work too hard today...when is your Mum coming? I'm so glad you got out on your bike. I sat in the sun and read a good book...had to stay up late to finish it.

Roger-so glad that you & Sue made it home safely. Sorry you came back to a messy house, though. I would be pissed too!

Vicki-are you back from your brother's? I hope you & Paul had a great weekend.

Swannie-I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better...keep on resting and don't try to do too much. Spuds-great to see you here, too!

Hello to Nora, Jan and all my other friends!!

I should get back to work now....I hope everyone has a great day!

Love to all.
                      Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

Nelz, that's just fabulous. You ARE catching on. Think back to days when yo'd sneak a drink, or two, and feel so cool about it. Now it's not a dare, it's a compulsion. I wish I had an an explanation of how we feel, crave, but I don't. It's all about self-control, in the end. You are seeing the changes, the difference. And it will get better. There's always a bit of a loss, a change we don't like, something we've become comfortable with. But when it affects our evryday life, it truly becomes a liability.
                        sigpic
                        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

And Grate, I've been a little concerned about my weight loss too, but Rog can tell you I ate, somewhat, while he was here. I think I get so involved in cooking for others I lose my appetitel Anyway, I need to lose at least another 20#, far better that than the 50 I once needed! The best thing is working out, in one way or another. I feel so much stronger, ready to face the the day.
                          sigpic

Comment

Gosh - what a lot going on already!!! I have been up - but have a chap coming to do stuff to the AC to make it more comfortable upstairs (which we don't use much) for when mum is here - putting dampers in somewhere plus I needed to put a screen in up there which i have just finished doing - then I had one heck of a job getting the windows back in!!

Go you Nelz on 30 days - that is such an achievement!! It must feel so good for you to have done that. Well done

Grateful - I am glad that you got to sit and relax yesterday!! My mum is coming on the 7th June. Tomorrow is my last day off before she comes so I am trying to get odds and sods sorted now.

Spuds - so good to see you here - you are funny!! But I agree that in UK I never rode without covering up - it was never hot enough!!!

RC - gosh, the stuff that happened in your life is amazing!! I am so pleased for you that things are getting better.

Rog - so why was your place a mess? We are all wondering.... bet it is good to be home again though - right?

Ruby - I think you are leaving today for the cabin? TRY and get some rest!!!

Fen - great chatting last night - are you going out to your cabin this week??

I need to get going - chap is here,

hugs, Sun x
                            How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Oh - and just as an FYI - if you stick your foot to your flip-flop with superglue - don't use acetone - it doesn't work - use baby oil (per a frantic call from my eldest last night) :H

Comment

sunshinedaisies;1123443 wrote: Oh - and just as an FYI - if you stick your foot to your flip-flop with superglue - don't use acetone - it doesn't work - use baby oil (per a frantic call from my eldest last night) :H
                                Oh I GOTTA hear the back story on this shananigans :H
                                Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Working...
                                X