2 weeks down....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 weeks down....

I am officially over the 2 week hump. Fortunately the weather here in Madrid hasn't been too hot meaning no craving for beer. On the one hot hot hot afternoon we had, i sat drinking Horchata (made with tiger nuts...or tiger's nut if you will )

I wish i could say it was a breeze, it wasn't. Dinners with friends where they had wine and I didn't happened, i wanted it - but didn't. I nearly crumbled once, but the next morning, i woke up feeling much better about my self and my aim of an AF life.

I had a couple of days with a mild headache, and was feeling more irritable than usual, though fortunately my wife was away working (she is a flight attendent), so she missed the brunt of it .

Once I got to a week, i could already see a difference, not feeling as bloated, eyes seemed a bit brighter and waking every morning feeling good about what was to come that day. Maybe it is the benefits of having a good nights sleep. I have also picked up the gym to have a place to pound out my extra energy.

In short, i am still looking at one day at a time, but the fog clouding the view of a lifetime AF is starting to clear, and looks good.

2 weeks down....

Have you checked out the toolbox here in the monthly abstinence thread, you need goals and a plan to work to,It be nearly impossible to just stop and do nothing different, also if you can try and post here as much as possible as we can all relate to what your going through, nothing changes if nothing changes.;-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

2 weeks down....

good for you!

I long for the day I can say one week! Good for you! I'm starting again today, or trying to, for the millionth time.

Comment

2 weeks down....

Good for you holeymoley

Keep haning in there - it does get easier with time. Isn't it great to wake up clear headed with no guilt or remorse each morning????
        Be proud & be kind to yourself!

avag, just keep trying - never give up trying!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

2 weeks down....

:yougo::yougo:CONGRATULATIONS HOLYMOLY ON 2 WEEKS AF!!!:yougo::yougo:

Fabulous! I love imagining your brighter eyes and brighter spirits once you got the AL out of your system. Life is truly beautiful and we don't need any substances to change it.

Strength and hope to you as your sober journey progresses!

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

2 weeks down....

Im jealous, but reading that people can do it, makes me feel like I can.....well done
            Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

2 weeks down....

Nelz we can all do it, it is not easy but with some work on yourself and if your willing to change your lifestyle you can do it to.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

2 weeks down....

Holey, great work on the two weeks. You should be proud of yourself.

It is not easy. If it were, many of us would not be struggling with this problem. You can do it. The benefits only continue, and they get better and better. You will have strong urges come along; surf them like a wave. Some urges will be shorter, some longer, some more intense...but they will pass - just like a wave.

Keep fighing, and adding those days together,
                Hill
                Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Working...
                X