LET'S DO 30 DAYS!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LET'S DO 30 DAYS!!!!

A bunch of us could change to all talk no action LOL. But yeah I'll give it a try. I can't drink with the meds I'm on so I have an advantage to use - course I'd really like to have the reason I'm on these meds go away - Ive found a new kind of pain and I'm not sayin any more ...LOL. Come on ya'll.

Comment

LET'S DO 30 DAYS!!!!

i am tempted to say i am in because i should do this but i know i will just break down in a few days and have a couple drinks which is not the end of the world for me but then i will let my gaurd down in a week or two and have another blackout....uuuggghhhh! why?????

Comment

LET'S DO 30 DAYS!!!!

dove;1112619 wrote: i am tempted to say i am in because i should do this but i know i will just break down in a few days and have a couple drinks which is not the end of the world for me but then i will let my gaurd down in a week or two and have another blackout....uuuggghhhh! why?????
        ok your foot is in the door so your in right dove .. and hey think positive dont look at the past misshappens .. but go with it and just do it one day at a time that all and if you do mess up dont beat yourself up.. but get back on the bull of life and realise what happen to make you drink in the first place and learn from it
        and yes im always in for another month love and hugs ladies and gent just do your best and keep thinking positive :l:h:l
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

LET'S DO 30 DAYS!!!!

Great roster so far!!It CAN be done, but it takes hard work, and being serious first. Do you WANT to be living yoursame life this time next year, next month? Life can be good, and trust me, there aren't an infinite number of days or tries for anyone. Learn from your past, or repeat it. It's that simple. I hope everyone decides the best thing. The support is here, the info is here, and if you fail one day, there is tomorrow. I can't remember the times I fell, or some of the awful things I did, to myself and others. Don't get to my age (and I don't know how I made it!) and still have the problem. :huggy
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

LET'S DO 30 DAYS!!!!

Great to see so many here! Fluff and Hart - how are you doing so far? tomorrow is my first day - I want to know how you did today.....I am nervous about tomorrow...

hugs, Sun
            How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

LET'S DO 30 DAYS!!!!

I'm in. :h

Comment

LET'S DO 30 DAYS!!!!

Ok I am in. Its going to be three months AF for me on Saturday. THis will hopefully help take me most of the way through month number four in my quest to be AF for the rest of my life.
                I will see y'all one month, and raise you three! Whoo hooo!

Kaslo
                Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

LET'S DO 30 DAYS!!!!

WELCOME, fenny and Kaslo!
                  sigpic
                  awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

LET'S DO 30 DAYS!!!!

day 2

sunshinedaisies;1112693 wrote: Great to see so many here! Fluff and Hart - how are you doing so far? tomorrow is my first day - I want to know how you did today.....I am nervous about tomorrow...

hugs, Sun
                    Hey Sunni- I made it through the evening with flying colors- any thought of g/t's i quickly dismissed and just had a glass of water in its place... I did have a hard time falling to sleep-took me a couple of hours till I did...I feel refreshed and ready to face the day...
                    So, I want to know why you are afraid... How did you start out the last time you quit? Were you afraid then? I think the mindset should be one day at a time if you are feeling anxious.
                    Hi to all the others here!
                    It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

LET'S DO 30 DAYS!!!!

Good morning peeps! Fluff-congrats on getting thru your 1st day....so glad you feel refreshed and you have a jump start on the others and are able to help them. I am sending positive thoughts to everyone today.....remember that we are all in this together. We are all giving up some kind of bad habit-whether it be drinking, smoking, overeating, lack of exercise.....there is something we are all trying to improve on. Together we can make it! We are a team!

Love to all.
                      xx
                      Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

LET'S DO 30 DAYS!!!!

Good Morning to everyone! Well, didn't go outside for my morning ciggie - the dogs wondered where I was. LOL I always sit out on the step with them. So, hurdle #1 - first change of the day, is over.

Why am I afraid Fluff? 'Cos last time I went AF I got really depressed - plus the thought of that first day without it is very hard. So both short term and long term, for me, it is sort of nerve wracking.

Nice to see you here Fen and Kaslo! Grateful - thanks for being our cheerleader - you should be here with me for the cigs though!!

Got to dry my hair - time is running away with me - later all,

Sun XX
                        How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

LET'S DO 30 DAYS!!!!

Hi Grateful! Thanks for the positivity
                          Sunni- Can you take something for your depression? I just drink because I get bored easily-and constantly need something to do...sounds like you started drinking again to escape your depression...is that what it is?
                          It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

LET'S DO 30 DAYS!!!!

Wow, Fluff, thanks for opening the doors and turning on the lights this morning! But we never close here, do we?? Wonderful to see you so chipper so early!
                            Grateful, try to remember this is for YOU, too. You don't have to be the safety net here, the one who takes care of everyone. I hope you take this month and think about you, and what you really want. I went to rehab, as many know, nearly 3 years ago, an in a situation too complicated to go into, I was called in to a room with every one of the counselors and therapists. I went in feeling wronged, wondering why they couldn't see what was going on. Sometimes when we actually talk, I'll give you the details, but I was confronted about my constantly being nice and trying to be helpful, thinking about everyone else instead of myself. I was given a 24-hr exercise to do, and it was cathartic! It didn't CURE me of that habit, but I feel I'm happier and more well-rounded. (Well, DEF well-rounded :H) I'd love to talk to you about it sometimes, OK? I'd never want to change your sweet nature, but help you make things easier on you.
                            Sunni, changing WHERE we usually do our bad habits is a BIIIIIG help. If there was a bar we always went to, or a place, like you said, we alsways smoked, changing does help! You've mentioned several times how you always want that beer when you walk in the door. How can we change that trigger?

I hope ya'll, and all to come, have a great day. Post your thoughts as you go through this, if that helps. And remember, we only make suggestions, observations, and give support, never judgement. Oh, and give it back to me like I dish it out, OK? I need the help too!
                            sigpic

Comment

LET'S DO 30 DAYS!!!!

sunshinedaisies;1112885 wrote: .

Why am I afraid Fluff? 'Cos last time I went AF I got really depressed - plus the thought of that first day without it is very hard. So both short term and long term, for me, it is sort of nerve wracking.
                              Sun XX
                              rememeber this is about a new time ,new day, a new begining ..you have the power to win lose or draw ..its all in your hands and with your guide,higher power,god what you may believe in ,,we will get thur this together .. so lets keep looking forward and thinking positive ... love and hugs everyone keep up the great work
                              :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                              best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

LET'S DO 30 DAYS!!!!

Great day today, now have to go to (gag-me) in-laws. I used to go places like after drinking, and I'm sure they still don't believe I'm sober. For a lot of people family are a trigger. They aren't that, at least. Hope everyone else lets us know how your coping today!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X