LET'S DO 30 DAYS!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LET'S DO 30 DAYS!!!!

Hi I am joining in. I am on day 64 and another 30 sounds great. Thanks fluff for bringing me here. . Need all the help I can get to stay on track.

Comment

LET'S DO 30 DAYS!!!!

New grange - day 64 and you need help??????? Good grief - here I am on day 1 !! I am tired and going to bed.

Hugs to all, Sun XX
      How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

LET'S DO 30 DAYS!!!!

Welcome, NewG! Fantastic, and I applaud your decision to do it again!
        Sun, remember the first days are the hardest, hon.
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

LET'S DO 30 DAYS!!!!

Day 3

Hi New g- You are way ahead of the game!
          Sunni- I'm sorry you feel bad- hope today is better...What worked for you last time? Can you get an antidepressant?
          I'm feeling pretty great this morning- had a tough time falling asleep again-and kept waking up but-it's nice to feel focused and in control and calm in the morning
          It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

LET'S DO 30 DAYS!!!!

Well Joe and I are on AF day 4. It's been a very challenging week, especially with Joe working 4pm-12 each nite. I've had a severely allegic reaction to an rx, I had two root canals yesterday....BUT I STAYED SOBER!

It was close a few times, but I make bargains w/myself. Like last nite after the root canals, I had to stop at a store to get lunches for the rest of the week and bread. I went to a store I was unfamiliar with and found the beer readily enuf. The negative shit started.....U r going to hurt when the numbing stuff comes off, Joe isn't home until after 12:30 tonite, just a 6 pack, etc.

So I got my lunches and bread and told myself if when the numbness wears off I still want to go I can. It did, I did but I DIDN'T. Joe was so surprised, as was I. It's hard, I've faultered but if I can do it ANYONE CAN.

Those who have tripped.....what do u do when u trip while walking? Do you sit down on the floor and decide if you can't walk w/o tripping you won't walk? No! You say, damn I'd better be more careful AND KEEP WALKING.

My wisdom for all of 4 days AF

Comment

LET'S DO 30 DAYS!!!!

Good Morning all - yes, it is hard but I am still here. Fluff - LOL I am already ON an anti-depressant!! So, anyway, one tiny step at a time...... good for rest of you - that is fantastic - go you Hart for not getting the beer - well done. Not sure if I could have been that strong. You rock! Have a wonderful day everyone,

hugs, Sun xx
              How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

LET'S DO 30 DAYS!!!!

Wow- Two root canals! Arghh...Good for you Hart not buying the beer- and I'm happy for you that your husband is going along with you on this- my hubs says he didn't want to join me- in fact he drank till he was pretty much blotto last night.
                Sunni- Hang in there- at least you have a good sense of humor- let's just get past the first 3 days-they are supposedly the worst.
                It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

LET'S DO 30 DAYS!!!!

hey there ladies and gents .. well lets not forget there are some tings you can do to help with the sleep ,take some melatonin . calm tea you can drink. warm milk ,medatate ... maybe bad spelling there .. so lets keep on doing our best and but one day at a time .. keep up the great work love and big hugs
                  :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                  best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

LET'S DO 30 DAYS!!!!

I DO hate dental work, have spent millions on mine, but have terrible teeth. Good JOB!
                    One thing I thought about that is a BIG tirpper for me. A couple of AF days, and I'd think, WTF, I can handle a couple now, just for the first buzz, to relax, but we all have to remember that for many, it will never happen that way. Just saying look out for it.
                    If you started, messed up, please consider starting your 30 again, today or tomorrow. Come back and talk, discuss what happened, you WILL feel better. No judgement here.
                    It's great how everyone is responding, and your 30 starts when you do. The only competition is between you and the bottle.
                    sigpic
                    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

LET'S DO 30 DAYS!!!!

rubywillow;1113743 wrote:
                      One thing I thought about that is a BIG tirpper for me. A couple of AF days, and I'd think, WTF, I can handle a couple now, just for the first buzz, to relax, but we all have to remember that for many, it will never happen that way. Just saying look out for it.
                      How many times have I done this...hmmmm...
                      Yup, ruby that is so true- and that is what always does me in...
                      It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

LET'S DO 30 DAYS!!!!

Just checking in....looks like you guys are doing great! I feel like such a hypocrite because I haven't committed to giving up smoking yet...and I really want to....and you guys are doing so good and not complaining...and I feel like a crybaby! And I'm really, really ashamed....Fluff...I happened to see that site you posted on another thread and I'm going to look at that some more..I noticed there is a forum on there for people who want to quit smoking. I guess that's all for now....I'm going to crawl away and hide.

xx
                        Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

LET'S DO 30 DAYS!!!!

Made 4 days and took a chance with the meds and the 2 glasses of wine. Nothing bad happened, however I didn't really enjoy it. So today I'm back AF. Priorities are changing and AL isn't part of them even though he'll sneak in or try to. Good work kids and keep on rockin.

Comment

LET'S DO 30 DAYS!!!!

Hi there all - Grateful, there is no way that you are a hypocrite or a crybaby! You are a wonderful compassionate sweet person who is always there for anyone who needs help, and when the time is right, you will quit smoking - you are like Roger - the time isn't right yet. it will be one day - and you will know when it is. You have done amazingly well with the AL - so you way way ahead of me. So don't worry about it - one day it will happen - truly!!

Quitin - why did you decide to have the AL with your meds if you aren't supposed to? The way that you wrote it was as if you were testing your meds - not as if you really wanted the AL? Just curious......

How is everyone else doing? Tips - did you start? Hart - still going strong? Dove - did you try? Kaslo, you and Newgrange and leagues ahead, but are you still feeling good? Fen - you should be finding it pretty easy too. And Fluff - how are you doing?

Thanks for the support everyone.

Hugs, Sun XX

Comment

LET'S DO 30 DAYS!!!!

Day 4

Hi Sunni- Just finished eating an english muffin with melted american cheese and a blob of ketchup- for some reason that's what I wanted for me breakfast...anyhow, again I had a tough time falling asleep...I need to get that melatonin Roger suggested.
                              Grateful- it's not easy to give up two things at once- so maybe just cut back on the cigarettes...easy for me to say,I don't smoke.... Hope you get something out of that site- I made a lot of friends there too, but I became so addicted to it I couldn't pull myself away from the 'puter...so I had to block my home computer from it and only check in when I go to the library.
                              Quittin'-Just keep at it, never give up-
                              It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

LET'S DO 30 DAYS!!!!

Hey all day 5 AF for me and Joe. My two teeth where I had root canals are still very sensitive to the touch, still skip brushing them when brushing but they are slowly getting better.

Yesterday I was so careful putting on my lipstick on that side, kissed my hubby with only half my lips and I couldn't whistle to get my dogs in because it hurt to pucker. LOL

Today I can do all those things, no sweat, so it's progressing.

I too am having trouble getting to sleep and Joe, damn he's restless! His snoring is still bad although using those strips on his nose helps immensley (sic) I just have to jab him every time he flops on his back to roll to his side.

Joe is also sleeping an inordiant(sic) amount. What is your guy's experience in the first few days. Here I can't get to sleep and my hubby is sleeping 10-12 hours at a time? We are both on 5 day AF.

Comment

Working...
                                X