LET'S DO 30 DAYS!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LET'S DO 30 DAYS!!!!

Well my hubby bought beer for him AND ME last nite. I was soo disappointed. I don't know why I wasn't pissed. He was saying how work had been so horrid and he was in a foul mood and I could tell if I said anything he was going to get defensive and pick a fight. So I simply said if we are going to build a garage on our property to move into then a house we will need to save all the money we can. I thought keeping it to the money aspect would be less personally challenging.

I only drank 3! That's pretty damn good considering I'm a 12+ drinker normally. I also intend to tell Joe to drink the rest of mine tonite and NOT to buy me anymore.

Yes I wish I hadn't drank any but I am not going to beat myself up for it. I hadn't planned it and there will be bumps in the road. My problem in the past is when I hit one of the bumps before, be it a birthday, out of town guests, what have u, I'd throw in the towel and go months drinking heavily w/o trying to stop or slow down. So I am trying to deal with faltering then carrying on....which is really how real life is and how I really need to cope in the long run.

Comment

LET'S DO 30 DAYS!!!!

Good Morning Hart - that is okay - we all hit the bumps - as long as we recognize them as bumps and then carry on - good for you only having three when your normal as far more. I too, told Hubs not to buy any Guinness for me (the only thing more or less that I drink) and he hasn't - I would have been cross if he had. So I understand. anyway, it is back on the horse - when you consider how long it took us to get to where we are today, I really don't think a day or two or three makes much difference in the long run - as long as we keep trying. So hang in there and keep trying. Hugs to you,

Sun X
      How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

LET'S DO 30 DAYS!!!!

Hart..Sunny said it best. We just get back up and keep on trying. It's extra hard for you since your hubby drinks....I went through that also. We're here for you.:l
        Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

LET'S DO 30 DAYS!!!!

Hi, Guys. Can I join your group? I've got 9 days. My goal is AF forever...one day at a time.
          AF since 06/27/2011

Of all vices, drinking in the most imcompatible with greatness. Sir Walter Scott

Comment

LET'S DO 30 DAYS!!!!

Yes Blues you can join the group. I joined on the 21st. You are three days ahead of me.
            I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

LET'S DO 30 DAYS!!!!

WELCOME BLUES! HI DRIFTY! Oh - confession time. I am sitting here nursing a Guinness. Premeditated. Planned. Thought out. Will just have two. Honest! Back to day one tomorrow. I feel fine with this though folks and don't feel bad about it at all. I modded for ages and it was only when it went up to three then four that I decided I had to stop. Not sure if I am fooling myself but anyhow here I am. Sorry if any of you feel i am letting the side down - or myself, but I really do feel fine with it.

Hugs, sun X
              How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

LET'S DO 30 DAYS!!!!

i am now 11 days sober its never to late to join

Comment

LET'S DO 30 DAYS!!!!

Today I felt well enough to go for a walk (and the weather was nice). I was going to walk to Save a lot (a grocery store that has cheap stuff) and right beside it is a restaurant/bar. I had an urge to go in there for a beer. I thought to myself, I only have enough for 1 beer, its not like I am going to get drunk. But I then thought NODE-Not One Drink Ever (just like NOPE-Not One Puff Ever) and didn't go in. Now I have my chocolate milk (which I wouldn't have been able to get if I caved in) and I am grateful to be able to continue my af journey with Day 7 tomorrow and not Day 1.
                  I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

LET'S DO 30 DAYS!!!!

Still here day 12.
                    You always succeed if you never stop trying.
                    Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

LET'S DO 30 DAYS!!!!

Looking forward to the 31st of this month for muh 30 days
                      Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

LET'S DO 30 DAYS!!!!

This is the end of day 10 for me. Good job on passing up that beer Drifty. I havn't had any really strong urges yet, but they like to sneak up on me when I'm least expecting it. I'm on here first thing in the morning and last thing at night hoping that will help me stay rational and in a sober state of mind. Tommorow is a trigger day for me. I have to work, and I'm a bartender.
                        AF since 06/27/2011

Of all vices, drinking in the most imcompatible with greatness. Sir Walter Scott

Comment

LET'S DO 30 DAYS!!!!

Stiil Here day 12. Where is everybody else?
                          AF since 06/27/2011

Comment

LET'S DO 30 DAYS!!!!

I am here at day 8 and feeling great!

Comment

LET'S DO 30 DAYS!!!!

day 13 I'm still here

Comment

LET'S DO 30 DAYS!!!!

I am here but caved. still cheering the rest of you on though.

sun X

Comment

Working...
                                X