X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from Kitty :o)

Hi all....Happy Monday!

13 days AF and I have been nothing but ill the entire time :H

MS played up, had steroids... was on 500mg a day for 5 days, massive steroid high but didnt sleep or eat! Paranoid like I was on a bender....

Followed by steroid LOW... so tired, aches and pains etc. MS symptoms gone though.

Followed by a 48 hr stomach bug.

Woke up Saturday with the most god awful tooth abscess from nowhere! Had to go to emergency dentist for anti biotics and seeing my own dentist when I have finished them on Thursday.

However this is all good as....

Boredom is a MASSIVE trigger for me. Believe me, I have hardly left the house in 2 weeks and yes, been VERY bored. I have made so many arrangements then had to bail on them due to feeling crap. Usually something that would depress me but... I lived with it.

Even a MINOR toothache in the past would send me scurrying for a few whisky minatures, followed by copious amounts of wine.

Eurovision is a big thing for me, Im usually drunk in Dublin or at a party here for it. Instead, I spent Saturday eve in a lot of pain, but sober and had a great time bantering on facebook and my own forum (Where it's very well followed)

I have decided to put AA on the shelf for the time being, keep in touch with some people from there though but as of yet it hasnt worked for me. The program has given me some great lessons though and I know it is always there for me.

I have read, re read and will read again Allen Carr's book on drinking. It didnt help me in smoking, but I first read it on my 4th day AF and it's been a big help. More so for me than the AA Big Book where I read all those 'hopeless drunk who found AA and was miraculously cured' stories and constantly felt a failure as it wasn't happening to me.

Anyway, I just thought I would say hello

Hi from Kitty )

Hello Kitty!

Wait... :H

Very glad to hear you made it through some trying times, by the sounds of it! Not so glad about you feeling so ill, though.

Get well soon!
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Hi from Kitty )

Kitty, ms has a way of really screwing up our plans, doesn't it? I'm so disgusted at how quickly I get tired, or how easily I get hurt. But, it is what it is. I have a very dear friend who is basically wheelchair bound now. Her's struck her full blown, and in just 3 years has done so much damage to her. I'm much better off, so I hate to complain at all. Glad you're getting yourself taken care of.
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Hi from Kitty )

kitty.... looking on the bright side..... thank god you didnt have a hangover through all this
        Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
        Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Working...
        X