I did it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did it

I told my mom through a fb message about my plans through a message. I knew telling her in writing would be easier then in person so that is how I am doing it. Now to start the 30 days on Saturday so that I can take it a day at a time and have a goal in which I can get to with all of your help. I know that I can do it. I will post here daily. When I feel that I need to, I will be in chat. I know I am young for doing such a thing, and I know that I don't have a past like a lot of you have, but I want to nip it in the butt BEFORE I have stories similar to you all. You all have been an inspiration to me to help control and eventually quit this awful thing before I go full blown into it.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

I did it

Drifty I applaud you for making this decision at a younger age before you waste years of your life like I did. I have had the honor and pleasure to meet quite a few really terrific young people who "got it" early in life like you. I don't think you will ever regret this decision!

Bravo! There are lots of great threads to help you get through that 30 days. One I participate in is AF Daily in the Monthly Abstinence section - feel free to join us there if you wish!

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I did it

Good job drifty, and good luck.

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Working...
      X