Day 1 of the rest of my life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today is day 1 again for me. This time I feel confident and ready and I know that I will succeed this time. I don't ever want to drink again. I just want to be able to do stuff and be able to afford it. With AL with me it was slowly draining my bank account. But being AF now that will stop. I will no longer have to go through a hangover or being drunk. I am setting my mind up that I am done and not I am done but there is always the possibility. That is how I failed the last time I quit drinking, I let the possibilities get to me. But no more. AF LIFE HERE I COME!
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Nice one! I too have let myself slip because I allowed for 'wiggle room'. It doesn't work that way but the no AL forever is also a daunting prospect.

I'll be following your progress. Go for it!
    Bean

Comment

I agree with you Alison....it's ALL or nothing! NOT ONE DRINK EVER AGAIN....leaves NO room to wriggle!
      Like you (maybe) I have played so many mind games with myself....and it's all bullshit.
      I'm an addict....no right, no wrong, no excuses....just a fact.
      The cure for addiction....don't have another drink/smoke/pill,etc
      Don't let the brain washing of advertising companies win....IT IS NOT FUN!!
      There is nothing funny, or good, about being drunk....Together we HAVE beaten it,
      cause we are never going to have another one....and it's easy and it's fun being free...
      FREEDOM!
      Over 60 hours AF & NF

Comment

Great job Allison and Lost. You both have the right attitude. That is exactly how I am doing it, no drinking no matter what. No wiggle room gotta figure out different ways to deal with life. So far it has been pretty easy, way easier than living in hell with alcohol.

Keep us updated and read lots here.
        AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Stick to your plans Drifty & Lost!
          Drinking is no longer an option! Keep telling yourselves that over & over until you believe it!!!!!!

You won't be sorry
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Drifty, I am glad to hear that your are attacking this battle with sound resolve. Alcohol is an evil enemy. From my personal perspective, I cannot ever change from the vision statement that you wrote. It is a hard fight, but it is so worthwhile. I love my sober life, and so will you. I gets better and better. For me, I tried moderation so many times, and I don't seem to be wired that way.

It is hard going somedays, but you can do it. I often quote from the movie, the Usual Suspects, in regards to how sneaky alcohol (the devil) can be " the greatest trick trick the devil ever played, was convincing the world he didn't exist".

You can do it, and we are here for you
            Hill
            Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

I'm there with you, Drifty! Have to stay strong and remember the bad days of drinking and the great days to come AF!! Let's hang in together!

TDN
              "One day at a time."

Comment

Working...
              X