• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 22nd May

HIYA Zenners

Comment

Army Thread 22nd May

Well seeing as it is sunday we are having a veggie roast with all the trimmings, be ready in about ten mins.
      I do wonder how much of this is actually habit once the cravings leave us alone?
      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Army Thread 22nd May

KTAB;1118586 wrote: Well seeing as it is sunday we are having a veggie roast with all the trimmings, be ready in about ten mins.
        I do wonder how much of this is actually habit once the cravings leave us alone?
        Do they ever really leave us alone? I don't know. I think tonight I could just have a glass or two but then it would just be setting me up to drink tomorrow or the next day-when I'm not in such a good mood. And then I would not be "happy" with just a glass or two. Fecking complicated sometimes.

Comment

Army Thread 22nd May

Well Expat I know from experience it gets much easier and the cravings get fewer and fewer. We learn our triggers and how to ride the craving wave. Also planning ahead is paramount. For example I went to the shop today before the off license section was open because there was a chance I would have picked up a bottle and had I have done so it would undoubtedly be open by now. Sounds simple eh, as if.

Comment

Army Thread 22nd May

Eveninks my darlinks,

aahhhhh the old one handed cooking, eh. I was a master of it. Trouble is by the time the food was ready I was at least 3 sheets to the wind with no appetite. Reckon its habit meself. Took me a long time to not be reaching for a glass but I'm glad to say I can now stir two pans when necessary with no problem.
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 22nd May

Hiya Troopers...

Zennie - your avatar makes me smile. I'd seen a pic of Dougie somewhere and when I saw the Zen cat, it reminded me of him.

P.S. You gave me quite a chuckle with the "Just For Men" posts. And Cassia, with her "tangoed" post. :H:H At least BJ is concerned about his shape and his appearance. Otherwise, he wouldn't be yer BF now, would he...
              For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
              AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Army Thread 22nd May

No added sugar cranberry is about the best substitute I have found. Now can we stop talking about wine or I will be off down the road and let the dinner burn :H:H

Comment

Army Thread 22nd May

Right Im off for me grub now, see yis later, be good.

Comment

Army Thread 22nd May

KTAB;1118602 wrote: Right Im off for me grub now, see yis later, be good.
                    Doing my best. Enjoy dinner:goodjob:

Comment

Army Thread 22nd May

Yes! Enjoy dinner-I'm off to fix a plate myself-steak with a roquefort sauce and pasta. Yum! Feck the wine-don't need it!
                      No good book tonight-so I'm checking out my dvd's. laters xxx

Comment

Army Thread 22nd May

You'd better be good or I'll text you on my luvverly PINK phone, Mrs A.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 22nd May

Zenstyle;1118600 wrote: The avatar cat looks really like Dougie... just a different colour! I'm liking it too... I was fed up of the feet! I'm going to dig out a pic of Dougie's dad and post it. Talk about fat!!!
                          Love your new avatar-but the feet were nice too! Please post Dougie's dad! Love fat cats:h! ok-going to eat.

Comment

Army Thread 22nd May

JackieClaire;1118605 wrote: You'd better be good or I'll text you on my luvverly PINK phone, Mrs A.
                            I wish I had a pink phone:upset:. ok-I'm out of here.

Comment

Army Thread 22nd May

PINK

AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 22nd May

Zenstyle;1118600 wrote: The avatar cat looks really like Dougie... just a different colour! I'm liking it too... I was fed up of the feet! I'm going to dig out a pic of Dougie's dad and post it. Talk about fat!!!
                                I didn't know that you'd had his Dad before him. That is so sweet. We once had a couple of generations of cats, too. The last one was so ugly, I called her "Sweet Face" so she wouldn't feel bad. Not that she knew what she looked like.... Her name was pronounced "moo-seet-sa" and I'd say to her "moo-saw" and she'd meow and meow. She was butt ugly but very sweet and loved a good cuddle. Mind you, we had her uncle at the time and she drove him crazy. She'd chase him all over the house. Poor guy didn't know where to hide. Usually stuck his head under the edge of a rug and figured that if he couldn't see her then she couldn't see him.:H That always gave us giggles. He acted dumb but was the only cat we ever had that managed to turn the key that was in the lock and open the door by himself...
                                For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                                AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Working...
                                X