Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drinking has escalated badly during the last month. Today is AF day 1.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats right, after a month of drinking more and more, now up to about 150 beers a week, and throwing in some wine and vodka occationally, I hereby declare this my AF day one, and hopefully the first of many more to come.

I'm going to go for a long ride on my bicycle and go to the gym to try to get a little tired for later. Anyway, I am already looking forward to waking up tomorrow with no hangover and being able to eat a good breakfast

Good for you Scandanavian in seeing that you need to quit. Have a great sober day!
    AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Thanks I'm loading up my iPhone with some audio tapes to make the bicycle ride less boring!

Comment

Good for you! Just make sure that you form a plan and stick with it. Check out the toolbox https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html . Also come here often. I am usually on MWO on ether my laptop or my mom's computer. But I can and have posted a couple of times through my phone (my final drink post was 1 of them). Do what ever that you have to do to get sober (legal of course). And congratuations on your new af journey. It won't always be easy, but the rewards of being af far outways getting drunk.
        I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Thanks Drifty

Now is the part where I vould normally drink beer after beer and have been happy with that. With no beer I feel slight anxiety, a very modest depression and quite heavy restlessness.

TV is not interesting, Youtube is not interesting, maybe I will try some PlayStation. Its late and I should sleep but I know thats not going to happen.

Anyway, it will all be worth it when I wake up tomorrow morning

Comment

For the first few days I was very restless and anxious. Once I got past the first weekend it got way easier. You just have to do whatever to pass the time right now. It will feel awkward but that's because drinking is not an option and your body and mind need to fill that time. You can do this!
            AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

The first few days are usually easy for me. Its after the few days and when it can get harder. Before I quit I was modding and I was doing pretty good upto the last month. With it getting warm out, I saw myself going out for a few beers at least once a week (1 week had me more then that but still wasn't that much (except for that Friday). Could of done worse, but my Modding plan was slowly breaking apart. I was tired of it. And I was ready to quit. So here I am at day 2 with a different frame of mind. I am learning what I failed in last time, and applying to not repeat the same mistakes this time.

We can do it together. After some af time, the slight anxiety, a very modest depression and quite heavy restlessness will go away and you will feel better. Tomorrow morning you will feel better, and it is going to be another day.
              I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Good luck Scand

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Tnx red, drifty and sunshine

I fell asleep at about 6 in the morning, and had my alarm clock set to 12. However I was so incredibly tired to an extent of which I have never been before, so it was impossible to get out of bed before 5 PM, which will provide me with the same problem sleeping tonight. Anyway, its better to sleep to much being AF than being hung over.

Anyone else notice extreme tiredness trying to wake up after AF sleep? I also had many very vivid and long good dreams, which I normally never have, so this indicates deeper sleep which must be good.

Comment

hi scandanavian. sounds like your sleep pattern has gone a bit wonkey. for me if i didnt have to be anywhere i would sleep as much as i could whenever i could and then try and straighten things out when the al situation improved. i found sominax (its an antiihistamine) a great help when i needed to get my sleep sorted. i have to say when i cut my drinking down i slept better than i had done for years..... never been good at getting up in the morning tho
                    Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                    Keep passing the open windows

Comment

I'm feeling great now and have no cravings at all. I know that will change when evening comes around, but I am prepared so that should help.

I have no physical sympsoms of AL withdrawal, which is probably because I most of the time got well sober before drinking again every evening. (With the exception of holidays and any other occation I could think of to drink for breakfast).

There will probably be a lot of dull and boring posts from me in this thread, about what I do to get time to pass and so on, but its very therapeutical for me to write this stuff, and I really appreciate every one of the replyes you people make.

Comment

Hello Scandanavian, I too was tired for a few weeks... My Naturopath advised it's because when we fall asleep (pass out) drunk we are not actually "sleeping" . And the body needs to adjust to actual sleep. Made sense to me and I'm sticking to it It really does level out and your body will readjust and then its [I]wonderful[I] - real sleep... ahhhhhh.... keep up the good Rene

Comment

You are doing great!! Keep on posting. Do what is good for your sobriety and don't worry what anyone thinks!!

My sleep and energy levels took some time to right themselves. All that is normal I think.

DG
                          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

scandinavian, good to hear you sounding so positive. any plans to get you through the evening. sometimes its good to keep busy, other times its good to just chill out and rest, whatever it takes.
                            Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                            Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Yup this is AF day 5. Feeling great physically! Lots of excercise.

Sleep pattern is not anywhere near normal. Slept two hours tonight, and tried to stay awake until the evening, but the couch was so darn tempting so I decided to take a short nap. I woke up three hours later which of course means no sleep tonight as usual.

Well well...

So I was on a date with a girl today, as some of you might remember I am feeling a little bit down because my GF left me. The one I dated today was relatively ok. Not the best looking compared to my ex, and with a few unattractive personality traits. Needless to say spending a few hours with this girl did not give me much in terms of happiness. Maybe on a subconcious level or something.

And my internet does not work so its going to be interesting to see what I will do to get time to pass tonight

Comment

Working...
                              X