FRIGGIN' PO'D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FRIGGIN' PO'D

I would not normally do this as I really enjoy just butting in... however, I need some advice and maybe just a cooling down period.... friggin eh... I'm 46 yrs old and my "better-half" tells my parents (who are not in great health) that my license is suspended? are you F'ing kidding me? OHHHHHHHHH my gawd. I have spent lots of money to make sure that DOES NOT happen.... so now if I go visit my parents they think I am driving on a revoked license.... So much for thinking I have support..... Just friggin pissed off... and NO, I am not wanting to drink.. well, that's not true... NOW, I DO want a real BIG drink... but I'll be damned if I let someone else make me take one... WTF??????? Serious! It's been dang near a year... What did I do now??? Forgive me... just venting. much hugs... Rene

FRIGGIN' PO'D

Hi Ren,
    Not sure I have anything to help. You have a right to be pissed off for your other half to be sharing something that you did not want shared. Anyways, take care, just try and wait out the anger. I find a good walk helps, or some exercise to let out frustration.

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

FRIGGIN' PO'D

sunshinetoday;1119827 wrote: I find a good walk helps, or some exercise to let out frustration.
      Absolutely! Move that negative energy out! (I mean your anger, not your BF :H sorry)

Why don't you call your parents straight away and sort out his mistake with them. If I understand correctly your license isn't suspended, but he told them it was. When you calm down, clarify your privacy expectations with him. And of course, as you already know,,, don't drink over this. It isn't worth it and it won't change or help things. :l
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

FRIGGIN' PO'D

Hi rene. I have learned that anger (even justifiable anger) is a luxury I just can't afford. It upsets my internal apple cart and just isn't worth it. I like Sunshine's suggestion about a walk. Hard physical activity helps me (as Greenie said) move that negative energy out.

Hopefully a simple phone call to your parents to explain the mistake will take care of that part.

I used to be explosive with anger and then drinking over it. In order to not drink over stuff, I have had to learn to not get angry over stuff.

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

FRIGGIN' PO'D

Hi Rene, From reading your original post, I am not sure what went on here that initiated the issues. But, what I do know is that anger is never a useful answer to any problem. I have seen people here encouraging others her to "yell, scream and just let it out"......but, IMO this type of behavior never solves any problem. I agree with Greenie and DG, about setting healthy bounderies with your partner as well as issues with privacy. I also agree that you can easily clear this misunderstanding up with your parents, by simply telling them that it was a misunderstanding.

As alcoholics/problem drinkers, most of us have become accustomed to living with lies created to cover up our drinking and bad behavior. It is such a huge relief to begin living with truth, without constantly looking over our shoulder, as well as dealing with issues that do arise with calmness and purpose!

Physical activity.....even a walk and meditation are both wonderful and very effective ways of managing stress and anger and also to help figure out what we need to do to move forward.

Best Wishes,
          Kate
          A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

FRIGGIN' PO'D

Rene, you DO need a constructive way to vent your frustrations, and the others have given great pointers. And YES, set boundaries. You didn't say if you know WHY he told them? You two have some things to talk about rationally.
            Maybe this is a good opening for talking to your parents about your PAST problems, and reassure them you are handling it really well, and making good, substantive choices for your life.
            I wish you the best.
            sigpic
            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Working...
            X