oprah's last show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oprah's last show

I just finished watching Oprah's last show. I wasn't a huge fan and some things she did just irritated me. But I must say, I was very impressed about the classy way she went out. She quietly thanked her fans and reminded all of us how we deserve to be happy and loved. She also mentioned how we need to find our calling and that each of us has some kind of platform or stage to manifest our calling.

It made me sad, because I realize that I really don't feel like I have anything to contribute. I don't feel very worthy. But it also made me realize that I need to realize that unless I commit myself fully to be AF, I really won't have anything to contribute and will never feel worthy. If I can make the turn toward completely AF, there is a chance I can turn the rest of my life around. I think I've been numbing myself out over so many years that I can't even begin to guess what my calling is at the moment.

I don't even have enough words of wisdom to try and help someone else out in this forum since I haven't been successful at staying AF.

oprah's last show

I am not a huge fan of Oprah. I never watched her show other then a little bit here and there but never full episodes. I am not even bothering watching the final one.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

oprah's last show

looking for peace;1120341 wrote: It made me sad, because I realize that I really don't feel like I have anything to contribute. I don't feel very worthy. But it also made me realize that I need to realize that unless I commit myself fully to be AF, I really won't have anything to contribute and will never feel worthy. If I can make the turn toward completely AF, there is a chance I can turn the rest of my life around. I think I've been numbing myself out over so many years that I can't even begin to guess what my calling is at the moment.
      I don't even have enough words of wisdom to try and help someone else out in this forum since I haven't been successful at staying AF.
      Looking,
      I had to use your quote so I don't miss anything. There are so many days I could quote you word for word but it's getting better. Just being here you are moving forward. Numb is a good word for what we have been doing to ourselves. There are so many of us that have not been successful but we have to find a way out. Right now you are helping me talk to you and realize there are people just like me.
      Wisdom is defined as:The ability to discern or judge what is true, right, or lasting; insight.
      And by your post above you obviously have it.

Hang in there!
      One of your callings is going to help people get through what you are going through.

Lady:l
      The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings.

*Don't look where you fall, look why you slipped*

Comment

oprah's last show

Looking - I was just off to bed, but one line in your post made me stop - you said "I don't even have enough words of wisdom to try and help someone else out in this forum since I haven't been successful at staying AF." That doesn't matter - you can help others out even if you aren't successful at staying AF !!! If you read a post and resonate with it - you can answer that post and say what you feel - there are many ways to help someone even if you aren't AF!! I have been AF, I have modded, I have been drinking - but I have answered posts all the way through. Just answering sometimes is a help to someone - knowing that someone is reading their post and cares enough to answer!! It doesn't matter if that someone is AF or not - just that they care enough to respond. so, please - don't feel you have to be AF to answer someone - just go with your heart and answer posts as you feel fit. It will be appreciated and welcomed. Trust me. You have far more to contribute than you know. If everyone felt that they couldn't respond 'cos they weren't AF there wouldn't be a lot of folk responding!! Please - you are worthy, trust your feelings and reach out and help others by responding - they will appreciate you far more than you could ever know - didn't you appreciate when you first got here and folk reached out to you? were they all AF? Sorry - I am waffling -

Hugs to you,

Sun XX
        How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

oprah's last show

Numb no more... Peace, you and I have a plan. Don't forget to look for Tip and Peace's Amazing Adventure on Monday. I often wonder why I drink since my life is good, fulfilling, etc. I think the idea of numbing myself out is hitting the nail on the head. If I am numb I won't worry about my saddest child or my elderly parents, etc. Last night I numbed myself again and before I did I told myself that I don't have a problem. Just a glass of wine with dinner. yah right. Not a raging alcoholic but slowly killing myself.

Can't wait for Monday.
          Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
          ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

oprah's last show

Hi Peace,

Sadly a very big part of being an alcoholic (actively drinking) is the shame, depression and fear that comes along with it. I know these feelings well.....I lived this way for many years, even though to onlookers, my life appeared good, beautiful family, successful career etc. But that was only on the outside, on the inside I was depressed and felt like a failure. Crazy!

It is so amazing how much sobriety affects us in so many positive ways. By sobriety, I mean not only no longer drinking alcohol for a couple of weeks or months, but setting out on a positive lives, to change our thinking and the way that we live. It works! and it takes work!

Remember, the first person that we need to help is ourselves! Yes, as Sherrie said, reaching out to others can be done along the way. Sharing is important and we all learn from each other. But, at the end of the day, the most positive changes will come through sobriety!

As for Oprah.....I think that her show opened many a dialogue for constructive thought and thinking. Over the 25 years as her show evolved, many authors, experts along with every day people shared their experiences and discoveries with viewers and I do think that many people were give a "window" into what is possible. Change begins with "seeing the possibilities", and change takes time with work. So, if you desire to find your true calling, try some honest contemplation and then begin your plan for change!!

Best Wishes,
            Kate
            A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Working...
            X