Tomorrow's the day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tomorrow's the day

In my search for easy and painless ways to stop drinking and smoking (the magic pill)
    I have come across a couple of sites that may be of interest and help to some members:
    https://rational.org/index.php?id=1 and
    Allen Carr's Easyway: Alcohol
    Also in my search was gob smacked to discover that the success statistics for AA are only 3%!
    Do a Google or You Tube search.
    For those like me who are in despair?..there is hope!
    As I?ve been smoking like a lum this morning and I?m hung-over from my 8 big bottles of beer, I cannot start my rational recovery today (whoopee I hear my addictive voice say) so I make this pledge?.
    As of the 27th May 2011 I WILL NEVER DRINK OR SMOKE AGAIN AND I WILL NEVER CHANGE MY MIND!

Tomorrow's the day

Day 1

Well that's the first 24 hours AF & NF nearly over!
    Lot's of aches and pains and a bit dizzy.
    Haven't done much apart from veg in front of TV drinking water and fresh pineapple juice.
    Also had some nutritious food for the 1st time in days.
    See you all tomorrow

Comment

Tomorrow's the day

Keep up the fluids, lost, and add some lemon juice. Check out this article for some suggestions for foods that help cleanse your liver and system. The sooner you get it all flushed out, the better you'll start to feel.Liver Cleansing Foods
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Tomorrow's the day

Good for you LIT! You will continue to feel better after all those nasty toxins clear out. Keeping you in my happy thoughts! YOU CAN DO THIS AND WE ARE HERE FOR YOU!!!
        February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Tomorrow's the day

Like others have said, drink plenty of fluids. Also keeping busy can help as well. Be here and perhaps if you haven't already join Quitnet (can't remember if you told me that you did or not). Quitnet can help you quit smoking for good. Whatever you do, do not cave in. You will feel better being both AF and NF and your body will be thanking you.
          I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Tomorrow's the day

Day 2

Thanks all, above, for your thoughts and comments :thanks:
            So I'm half way through my 2nd day......AND...it's not too bad.
            A bit twitchy and spaced out....I suppose from all the extra oxygen my brain is getting.

Yes ruby, for the 1st time I'm really taking notice of foods that are good for you and help clean the system....also, foods that boost serotonin to reduce my mood swings....just been munching on raw garlic....beware vampires....and my wife, who I'm very glad to report has come home to help and support me through this

Drifty, I'll have a look at Quitnet...cheers.....
            Stopping BOTH smoking and drinking at the same time is making the withdrawals more intense when the cravings hits but it's the best way for me....all or nothing...also stopped eating boiled sweets that I had after each smoke so I guess my sugar content is all over the place .....lol

I WILL NEVER DRINK OR SMOKE AGAIN AND I WILL NEVER CHANGE MY MIND!

Comment

Tomorrow's the day

Day 4

Day 4 has always been the crappiest day, and the day I most often give in!
              BUT.....NOT today :H
              Mood swings been all over the place this morning, with surges of anger, to being calm...
              but the underlying mood is one of....light at the end of the tunnel.
              My concentration is low to spaced out and Im VERY tired and sleeping a lot....guess the body is mending
              Take care all

I WILL NEVER DRINK OR SMOKE AGAIN AND I WILL NEVER CHANGE MY MIND!

Comment

Tomorrow's the day

Keep going as it will only get better.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Tomorrow's the day

WAY TO GO LOST! Keep up the good work! The longer that you stay AF and NF the better that you will feel!

Day 10 af

3 years NF
                  I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Tomorrow's the day

Day 5

I'm not quite sure what is happening to me....I'm beginning to feel different
                    As if, maybe this is the beginning of how non addicted people feel...
                    I'm coping!....In fact I"m looking forward to see how I feel after a week, 10days,
                    2 weeks a month......etc
                    I'll draw this thread to a close today and keep you all posted in DustyAl's June thread...
                    Thanks for being here......:thanks:

Comment

Tomorrow's the day

:goodjob: It really does get better!
                      sigpic
                      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
                      X