Day 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 6

Day 6 and had a little trigger last night. However with no money and a cold I wasn't going anywhere. Plus I promised on here that I will not drink so I didn't. This morning I woke up and was grateful for another AF day. Tomorrow and Saturday are going to be rough because when I was drinking those two days was the two days that I was most likely to get drunk (Friday nights usually but there were the Saturday nights that I drank too).

Day 6 here I come!
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Day 6

I completely understand Drifty! Friday nights are the pits for me but in early sobriety the only thing I seem to be able to do is plan things to do and white knuckle my way through. Saturday is easier. In Doggygirls journal, when she had been trying to be AF in the early days, she says "I refuse to loose my sobriety on Dog Training day" because that day was the hardest day for her. I think that is a good idea. I will tell myself no matter what I will never drink on Friday because it is the hardest day and by Saturday the craving is gone and I can see the light again.

You can do it! Sober life rocks!
    You always succeed if you never stop trying.
    Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Working...
    X