Day 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 7

Oh wow day 7 and I feel wonderful. I am thinking back of this time last week, I was preparing for my final drinking night ever. Tomorrow morning I plan to wake up and remember that that time last week I was hungover. I will fight to never ever feel hungover again. I will keep posting the days till day 30 at least. I may choose to go longer. Whatever way I chose. I will not be drinking. I am free and I feel strong. Friday nights are the worst for me and Saturday nights are the second worse. Next weekend is what I am worried about but I will deal with that when it hits. I just plan on not having a lot of money on me at night, and stay here when I need to.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Day 7

Good for you friend! 7 days is awesome. You have a good attitude and we are here for you! YAY!!!
    February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Day 7

Congrats on your fABulous progress Drifty! I love reading your daily updates. Enjoy a wonderful AF friday!

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Day 7

Really WELL DONE....a whole week! :goodjob:
        You are proud of you....excellent....keep up the good work

Comment

Day 7

Saweeeeeet! 7 days was a biggy for me too! Kinda like you could turn 21 so you could start drinki...... oh wait...... LOL
          Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Day 7

Congratulations Drifty!!!! Way to go girl. You should do something nice for yourself tommorow.
            AF since 06/27/2011

Of all vices, drinking in the most imcompatible with greatness. Sir Walter Scott

Comment

Day 7

Congratulations Drifty.....it was kind of nice having you a day ahead of me, so my competitive side kicked in. I wanted to do it too!! Tomorrow will be my day 7 YAY!!!!!
              THOUGHTS become THINGS
              choose the GOOD
              ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

Day 7

I decided to do something special for me tonight since karaoke at the local bar was tonight and tomorrow night, I won't be going out since its a church night. I thought about it,changed my mind again and again and decided to go for a soda and told myself that only 1 soda. Well I went to the bar and ordered my soda and a couple of my friends paid for 2 more sodas so in total I had 3. Yes I know that soda isn't the healthiest choice but it was way better then AL. And you know what. While I was there, I had no urges or craves for AL. Just minor thoughts of it and how I was grateful to be done. I am home now (the show ended early due to low turnout but hey its Memorial Day weekend and I only planned on the sodas anyways and was expecting to not be there for the night anyways). So I will go to bed both a winner and the knowledge that yes I can go to a bar and not have any AL. Won't be going next week since the 2 week mark is a killer and I don't want to even tempt it.

Hangover free Saturday morning here I come! and what a way to celebrate 1 week af!
                I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Day 7

Wow! It's 10:27 here for me. And I think I'm day seven as well. It didn't occur to me to count. I feel rather ridiiculous. But I also feel pretty damn good! Thanks Drifty. Love the Cat!
                  On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                  *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Working...
                  X