Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who wants to join me in being AF in June!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Gotta, Scottish Lass and Getting Happy (love your Avatar - he's gorgeous), and everyone else! Gotta, I always feel exhausted too for quite a few weeks when I come off the sauce. I reckon it must have been a good two weeks before I saw and felt any improvement last time, I was getting a bit dispondent waiting for this exhilarating rush of energy and feel good hormones that everyone was talking about. They still didn't 'rush' :H but I certainly felt and looked a lot better by then, so hang in there. It's quite nice to curl up and just rest anyway I think when you can manage it, I reckon we've all not had a proper rest for quite some time, so the body decides to grab it whilst the goings good! Scottish Lass, your days are clocking up! I hope to come near to your day count this time x
    Happy vibes to everyone, I can't wait to head off for a pamper and watch some mindless telly with my knitting!! Bliss xx:h

Comment

Thanks Noodle! The smiling kitty always makes me smile when I look at it Day 5, yep the days are stacking up and each day really gets a little better doesn't it? Please, everyone remember that, it's hard to get on track, but once you do it will be calmer and brighter. I may even get back to my oatmeal habit this morning :H Good sign! Happy Thursday everone!:flower:

Comment

It sure does get easier with time. The bad part about this though that I had let myself get to this point. As a kid and teenager upto age 22 I was against drinking, didn't want to do anything that would make me sick till one night mom gave me champagne. It slowly went downhill from there. But the good thing is, I put a stop to it before I got in AL real bad but it was still bad enough.
        I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Ditto on the smiling kitty, Getting Happy. If that doesn't give you the warm and fuzzies I don't know what will

I just posted on another June thread by Drifty so I'm not sure what is the "official" June AF thread so I guess I'll post here too?! The more the better and I'm on board with you all for a fun and clear AF June! Today marks Day 1 for me. I need to add that to my signature as I find it motivates me even more.
          Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
          :h

Comment

The joys of being AF means that you have energy to do so many more things - just dyed a streak of blue in my daughters blond hair! She thinks she is so cool, and is FBing all her friends - this feels so much better than making excuses for not having her friends over or not being able to take her out due to the restrictions of being drunk or hungover! FUN!!!:H
            “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Agreed lass,

Just got done replacing the rear tire on my motorcycle so I can go to the racetrack this weekend! Prolly best not to do that while drunk LOL
              Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Hi! day 16 all well and 2nd day in june well done everyone

Comment

Well done Nelz. I worked out on a trampoline. Also, something prolly best not done while drunk. lol. Good job everyone. Keep on, Keepin on.
                  AF since 06/27/2011

Of all vices, drinking in the most imcompatible with greatness. Sir Walter Scott

Comment

Morning everyone and Hi from a lovely sunny moning here in Scotland - a briliant start to the weekend. I'm off out into the sunshine and looking forward to a great day, I'll lurk later to check everyone is fine as Friday nights can be a bit tricky.

Good luck and a happy sober weekend to all

Dewdrop :h
                    Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

Waking up to a beautiful June morning here as well. Almost makes the harsh New England winter worth it...almost. Finishing up my second cup of coffee and off to walk the dog. We have a nice quiet morning route where the neighborhoods are very quaint and well taken care of, in the way of gardens and such. Speakin of which, any spare time I have this weekend after I get out of work will be spend out in the yard! Enjoy the weekend everyone! PS, Dewdrop, my dream is to visit Scotland someday...ancestors on my mother's side are from Glascow. Must be a magical place to live, especially in the summertime. Enjoy!
                      Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

Comment

BlondeAFAmbition;1124524 wrote: Ditto on the smiling kitty, Getting Happy. If that doesn't give you the warm and fuzzies I don't know what will

I just posted on another June thread by Drifty so I'm not sure what is the "official" June AF thread so I guess I'll post here too?! The more the better and I'm on board with you all for a fun and clear AF June! Today marks Day 1 for me. I need to add that to my signature as I find it motivates me even more.
                        Continue to post in this thread or the other thread or even both!
                        I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Day 3 nearly done. Had a moment earlier when I really wanted my Saturday night wine- but took a few deep breaths & carried on. It is 10pm now & would normally have finished a bottle by now. I am collecting my son at 12.30 tonight from a party- normally wold make some excuse for so that my husband would have to do it.
                          I had my last drink on the 1st- so am a day behind the rest of you- but am very happy to be here.
                          Thanks,
                          SJ
                          SJ xxx :groupluv:

'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act but a habit.' Aristotle

Comment

Hey SarahJane! Welcome! I am on day 3 also! My last glass of wine was June 1st and instead of finishing a bottle, I was on MWO and decided that was it. I ended up pouring the rest of the bottle (a few glasses) down the drain. I have remained strong ever since. Way to go and it's nice to find someone on here with the same start date as me! We can do it!

Comment

Working...
                            X