Day 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 10

Day 10! I am still af and looking forward to taking a walk later (if it isn't too hot) and having a good and relaxing Memorial Day. I had to be in the ER due to my brother (he is ok just has a respitory infection) and on the way home we stopped for his meds, and to get the ingredients for having rootbeer floats. The bars that we past (all but 1) was packed. I looked at thought of all the poor people who is now sicker then a dog with a hangover and was actually glad to be sober. Here to day 10 being af.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Day 10

Hi Drifty,
    Good on ya , 10 days AF, for us UK members what's a rootbeer float? Not sure if we have rootbeer over here.
    Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! KISS SLOWLY Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. sigpic

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

?Oh no....he's awake!! Cos he's bleeding sober again

Comment

Day 10

DA, your mind will really open up, you will SEE what you've been missing, and what you were doing (re: the bars). Hope bro is ok. And have a great day!
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Day 10

Foam. . .really? Ok rootbeer is a soft drink you can use coke if you don't have rootbeer, a float is icecream and a cola of some sort. Maybe you have them and call them something else. Do y'all have smores over there?

Congrats on day 10 Drifty! I know what you mean about the people at the bars!
        You always succeed if you never stop trying.
        Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Day 10

jennyneric;1122967 wrote: Foam. . .really? Ok rootbeer is a soft drink you can use coke if you don't have rootbeer, a float is icecream and a cola of some sort. Maybe you have them and call them something else. Do y'all have smores over there?

Congrats on day 10 Drifty! I know what you mean about the people at the bars!
          Hi jennyneric
          OK googled Rootbeer float .... not too sure about that one, still not tasted it so should not form an opinion.
          Root Beer Float Recipe | Simply Recipes

Smores - No unfortunately - look yummy.

S?Mores: A Brit Twist on an American Campfire Classic | Anglotopia - For People That Love Britain
          Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! KISS SLOWLY Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. sigpic

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

?Oh no....he's awake!! Cos he's bleeding sober again

Comment

Day 10

Way to go Drifty!!! Looking forward to out AF June!!!
            AF since 06/27/2011

Of all vices, drinking in the most imcompatible with greatness. Sir Walter Scott

Comment

Day 10

:goodjob: on 10 Days AF Drifty! Funny you should mention the bars. I was passing through a small town today on my way home from visiting my Dad / other family. It was about 11AM and the couple of bars I passed in this town were already quite busy from the looks of the parking lots. Make my head hurt just thinking about it. I will take the sober life, thank you very much. Instead of a drunk, I got in a 5 mile walk, some yard work, and some relaxation this afternoon. And I will feel fabulous in the moring! I will remember everything! And have no headache!

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Day 10

Today I had a few cravings for some beer. But I didn't have any. Mom had a couple but I didn't. I am fighting for this quit. So I went here and read some posts, and took a walk and that did the trick. Going to go to bed in a few hours a winner.
                I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Day 10

:goodjob: Drifty, that's how I felt Fri. nite
                  THOUGHTS become THINGS
                  choose the GOOD
                  ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

Day 10

:goodjob: Well done DF on getting to double figures......I'm now on day 5 & looking forward to our AF June

Comment

Day 10

Hey Drifty, nice work. Keep adding those days together. It sounds like you are making some very valuable observations and thoughts. Hold fast. Surf those urges when they come.
                      Hill
                      Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Working...
                      X