HERE WE GO 30 DAYS AF IN JUNE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am posting this a day early so we can have a thread for when it hits midnight for everyone. The 30 days in May af thread has helped me, and I figure that I would do it for the the month of June. Anyone who wants to be af in June can join and yes you can join at any time of the month. If god forbid you fall off the wagon in June then you can jump right back in and still be a member of the June af month club. This is for those who want to have June be af (mainly for those who wants to do the month af like me but like I have already said, you can join at any time in June)! This will be my first whole month af since I quit drinking so I am going to be needing support just like everyone else. I can't wait to get this month started and do it AF and free. I am going to be on vacation soon and I plan to do a lot of fishing and being af at the same time. We can support each other and this thread will be the thread that we can post in. Hang in there! I know that you all can do it! Just think, this Summer will be better for us then those who are drinking.

Here are some tips to stay sober in June.
    Take it a day at a time (or a minute at a time when need be).
    Worry about tomorrow when its gets here, just focus on today.
    Don't carry alot of money on you at night (this helps me, you carry what you need to)
    Don't go to parties if you don't feel that you can stay AF.
    Bring your own af drinks to the parties.(If possible)
    Be the designated driver.
    Hang out with friends who understand that your on your AF journey and if some of your friends don't want to hang out with you because your not drinking, then its their loss and not yours.

If you have any other tips, feel free to add them. HERE TO 30 DAYS IN JUNE BEING AF!
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

I'm with you drifty. One thing that has helped me stay AL free is to know that drinking is not an option. Once you commit to that thinking (and you will have to remind yourself a lot) it does get easier. When it is no longer an option you have to figure out new ways to deal with everyday stuff we used to use alcohol for.

Honestly, it does get easier as each day passes.

Way to go and we can do this!
    AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

I'm ready!
      THOUGHTS become THINGS
      choose the GOOD
      ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

Day 6 AL FREE

I'm in Drifty. I know if I dont I will end up loosing everything. What a difference just 6 days AF feels. I feel awake for the first time in a long time.

Comment

Hello everyone! At 15 days AF, I feel I am ready to take on this next challenge. Looking forward to getting to know you all. Here goes...................
          IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
          Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

i am in...I am so excited for tomorrow.

Comment

Good morning all from Thailand where it is 6.30am on a sunny 1st of June.
              Happy 1st of June to one and all and let's support each other in ensuring it is
              alcohol free....and for me...nicotine free....
              This is day 6 AF & NF for me.....and today I start my new job ....I'd usually be puffing away like an old train being nervous and looking forward to finishing work so I could have a few cold ones...NOT today....AF & NF :H

GOOD LUCK ALL IN JUNE :l

Comment

LIT- Congrats on your AF and NF day 6.
                Drifty- Thnx for strting this thread
                I'm very excited for an AF June. I've been AF since May 17th and things are way better now then they were just two short weeks ago. So far I've gotten by without a plan, but for long term sobriety I think I'm going to need a plan. So, that's what I'll be working on over the next few days.
                AF since 06/27/2011

Of all vices, drinking in the most imcompatible with greatness. Sir Walter Scott

Comment

Good to hear that everyone is ready for this. And congrats on all of the achievements and Blues yes its best to have a plan so I am excited to hear what your plan will be. And for those who are going NF, I quit smoking 3 years ago and although my smoking habit wasn't that bad, I can still help you guys out. I know how it is.
                  I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

I'm on board!!! Day 2 completed and day 3 coming on up. I will never drink again and I will never change my mind about drinking.

Oh yea and I will get my hair fixed someday....

Comment

Im down like 4 flats on a dump truck, I made it through May, and ready to Whup Junes azzzzzzzzzz! Bring it on!
                      Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Going on vacation from work June 14th (I work 1 day a week) and the week my mom is on vacation as well. We are getting ready to go fishing and will spend a lot of time that week fishing. I will plan to be AF the entire week.

Comment

Wow Drifty you are into this! I want to be in to this too! Count me in! Lets ROCK this sober life!
                          You always succeed if you never stop trying.
                          Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Can I humbly join in? On other threads I have been boasting the merits of moderation but last night I slipped up badly and even BARFED. Remember those days people?? I truly want to be AF for June and am starting one day late and I need a plan. I will take it one day at a time. I hope we keep this thread alive as it will be my lifeline.

It's embarrassing for me to admit that I tend to feel that my drinking problem isn't as bad as most others on here but in all honesty, amount drank has nothing to do with the scope of my addiction. The fact of the matter is it's a problem for me because I can't stop... or couldn't stop. Hopefully last night's fiasco will be the 'straw that broke the alcoholic camel's back'.

So, here we go, team. We can do it.

Tips
                            Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                            ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Day 4

Happy 1st of June AF everyone!! Just helped my son with his assignment, did some uni work now off to bed. Feeling anxious, excited and free!!! Just hope I can sleep as I feel wide awake :H.

Shell

Comment

Working...
                              X