HERE WE GO 30 DAYS AF IN JUNE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on 18 days Daisy! That is wonderful! Here I am at Day 2. Looking positive into the weekend and I hope everyone else is too. I work all weekend, which can be a good thing when considering that I will be busy and not able to drink at work! But I'm feeling very strong and aim to add on to me AF days planning to have the rest of the month of June AF. Way to go everyone, have a great weekend!
    Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
    :h

Comment

day 20 and feeling good this morning, I hope to carry it through the night!
      You always succeed if you never stop trying.
      Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Daisy & Jenny - congrats on days 18 and 20! I'm sure I'm missing others who have double digit sobriety under their belts too!

Cheers to everybody who has stayed at least 1 day in June AF - 30 days is a goal; any day AF is a step in the right direction.

As I posted on Just starting out - last night was really hard. Cravings brought on by habit, but I did not let it get the best of me and am now on Day 8 AF. Ironically, weekends are easy for me to stay AF - it is the stress of my job that makes me want to go home after work and drink to relax and forget about my job. Next week is an extremely challenging week for me, so this weekend, I'm going to focus on coming up with plans that I can stick too - alternative ways to relax during the week. Even thinking that maybe I should give yoga a try!
        ODAT!

Comment

Hi everyone! Now on day three AF. I admit that I do miss my red wine though. I am also off work and on vacation for the summer so my normal schedule is off and I need to think of some things to do to fill all this extra time. I can only read so much!!! Take care everybody!

Comment

Glad you were able to hang on Determination! I hope today is easier for you.

Comment

The weekends are tougher for me especially Friday nights. But instead of beer, mixed drinks and shots, I will have af drinks instead. And I won't be going to bars any time soon neither. We all can do it. I also want to congratulate those who are staying af. It does feel great knowing that your hangover free. I kind of feel sorry for those who are hungover.
              I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Hi Gang, everyone seems to be doing so well. Pretty resilient gang we are too. Tonight should be tough. It is Friday here in Canada and mid-afternoon. Tomorrow should be even tougher with the gang coming over for a BBQ. Feeling pretty confident though. lots of encouragement here.

I hereby promise that should I slip up and have any alcohol whatsoever, I will not disappear from this thread and pretend I never was here. I will come here and report my lapse. I will pick myself up, dust myself off and continue. Please, do this too. It is so much better for us to have 29 days AF rather than giving up after one lapse and sinking into the alcohol abyss... for a few more months. OK. Nuff said.
                Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Tipplerette;1125235 wrote: Hi Gang, everyone seems to be doing so well. Pretty resilient gang we are too. Tonight should be tough. It is Friday here in Canada and mid-afternoon. Tomorrow should be even tougher with the gang coming over for a BBQ. Feeling pretty confident though. lots of encouragement here.

I hereby promise that should I slip up and have any alcohol whatsoever, I will not disappear from this thread and pretend I never was here. I will come here and report my lapse. I will pick myself up, dust myself off and continue. Please, do this too. It is so much better for us to have 29 days AF rather than giving up after one lapse and sinking into the alcohol abyss... for a few more months. OK. Nuff said.
                  :agreed: Its better to get right back on the wagon. That is what I need to do because if I do it my old way, who knows when I will get tired of dealing with AL to try to quit it again but hey I am done with AL!

Day 14!
                  I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Hi everyone,

It's late Friday evening in Scotland and I hope you are all doing well, Friday night is always a bit of a tricky one but it's so worth while to wake up on Saturday morning sober and completely aware of what you did the night before.

Just take it ODAT and before you know it the weekend will be past and you are off into the next week.

Dewdrop :h
                    Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

Friday night AF - Check
                      Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                      ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

TBO Im too tired to drink, Ive given up being an alcoholic and replaced it with being a workoholic...............go figure
                        Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Early Saturday morning here and I am AF! I had plenty of excuses to get drunk tonight but I didn't do it. My AL mind told me a beer would be nice, but I didn't do it. My AL mind tried it with shots but I didn't do it. It is worth the fight to be sober then to be nursing a hangover every week or every other week.

Comment

Hi everyone. Another AF day and feeling pretty good about that. I am not sure that I would be doing this is if I wasn't committed to reporting back to you all. I am going to stick with it!! Have a wonderful Saturday.

Comment

Checking in on Sat. another AF day....
                              THOUGHTS become THINGS
                              choose the GOOD
                              ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

It is Sat. afternoon here an AF. I am not going to drink today. I have too many people depending on me on being at church tomorrow plus I got friends cheering me on my af journey.

Comment

Working...
                                X