HERE WE GO 30 DAYS AF IN JUNE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tap Dancer, fantastic on beating your old record of 5 days. I can relate to that because day 6 for me is tommorrow and I will tie my record then. Feels great doesn't it..? Onward and upward. Let's go!
    Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
    ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Monday morning here and it feel so good to wake up clear headed and not hungover.
      I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Day 6 here and it's sunny and the hot dry summer has begun. Felt great waking up bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning.
        Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Watched the gorgeous sunrise over the Colorado River this morning. When was the last time I woke up early enough to do this? Happy AF Monday everyone!
          THOUGHTS become THINGS
          choose the GOOD
          ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

That sounds beautiful Barbara! And sounds like you appreciate it even more when sober. I know I enjoy the beauty around me with so much more clarity when I'm viewing it through sober eyes.

Day 5 for me everyone, whoot whoot! Those 5PM urges are becoming less and less and I add on to my sober days. So glad about that! The first few days were the hardest. And there is definitely a feeling of loss which now I understand from reading other posts about alcoholism. It's like loosing a friend that is with you every day that you can depend on. And when it's gone, you feel a bit deserted, like when your parents dropped you off at a new school or your started college away from home. It's a whole new world and you just have to start slowly and begin to add the positive things back in so that they become the familiar ones.

Well, June Bugs, marching forward onto the second week! We can do it!
            Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
            :h

Comment

Hi BlondeAfAmbition- great to be on the Day 5 ride with you(and I am blonde too!).
              Have more than survived a holiday weekend here in Ireland- was offered wine 3 times yesterday & declined every time. Am feeling very positive- just need to keep going.
              I have been here before- almost like a new religion for a week or so & then the little voices come back- telling me I don't have a problem & that just 1 wont hurt.
              But it is really helping that there are so many others on here with the same drinking histories & such huge support to keep going. It is nice not to be alone.
              I never usually drink on Mondays- but I usually have a hangover every Monday. Life is good. 4 mile run done & so far having a great day.

SJ x
              SJ xxx :groupluv:

'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act but a habit.' Aristotle

Comment

Day 21 for me. Not having AL cravings so much anymore. Possibly because of the copious amounts of sugar I've been ingesting. Cutting back on sugar starting today. Geez, can I please not be addicted to something??? LOL. Happy AF free Monday everyone.
                AF since 06/27/2011

Of all vices, drinking in the most imcompatible with greatness. Sir Walter Scott

Comment

This is day 7 and still AF. Thanks for the encouragement Tips!!! I have been not sleeping very well, but I have young adult children and I think I am finally hearing what they are up to most of the night!! LOL. I tried some AF wine last night and it was awful!!! AF beer is not so bad though when I am tired of soft drinks. I found a really good no calorie root beer that is helping me when I want something to drink. What are you all replacing your alcohol with? I need some suggestions!! Glad everyone is doing well. To another AF day!

Comment

Day 17 here and I feel great. Its been a few months or so since I made it 17 days without drinking. I am proud of myself and I am proud of you all.
                    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Hi Guys! Hope you all had a great day so far. Coming to the close of Day 5. Can't believe it's almost been a week since I poured that bottle down the drain. So glad I did!

It really is a joy to come here everyday and share stories. I find that MWO is helping to replace the loss that I experienced the first few days when I got rid of AL from my life. MWO is for real. I love you guys and I am happy we have a place to laugh, cry, understand and vent. June is unfolding like a rose in the sun and we are blossoming right along with it. Keep blooming everyone!
                      Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                      :h

Comment

Hi all - day 8 today, and a happy Monday. No sun thou, an inch of rain last night and more today - still well below normal, but sun to arrive this week - of course, because I am back at work!
                        I will be taking you all to Vegas tomorrow - I am really dreading this - already the plans are being made for the drinking. I have started making my excuses already so there won"t be too much suprise later (it is a work conference).
                        Lots of great June successes on here - well done all!
                        My drinks are diet ginger ale in the evening, and water with lemon juice during the day. I have found actually having an evening drink that is just for evenings works. I bought tonic and limes, but the ginger ale works well. I also enjoy AF beer for those hot days when I love a cold beer - but in the past when I was trying to cut down without MWO, I tried AF wine and found it disgusting!
                        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Try mixing it with Cherry Juice; it tastes delicious.
                          Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Tip - is that Cherry in Ginger Ale? Where do you get cherry juice??? not sure I have seen that, but sounds intriguing
                            “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Hi Gang, I am a wine drinker and tried the non-alcoholic red wine and it tasted horrible so it sat on my shelf. When I started the month of June a/f i happened apon organic cherry juice in a health food store although I think they sell it at the bigger supermarkets. I drank that instead of my wine and it did the trick for a while but it's pretty syrupy and I was getting fed up with the sweetness. So I found that bottle of non-al wine and mixed the two. To my delight, it tastes alot like the real thing without the vinegary taste. Like real wine but better. I am using it to mimic my wine drinking rituals and it works. Tips
                              Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

I start my vacation after today and don't have to work again till the 21st. I am planning on bringing home the af beer. Its not too bad. To me it taste like the real Busch light but lighter in taste. It works for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X