Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HERE WE GO 30 DAYS AF IN JUNE

Hi All,
    It is a sunny evening in Ireland & I would normally be wondering if I could have a glass of wine before my DH gets home. Instead I am enjoying the sound of baby starlings as their mother lands in the nest with a big fat worm. Life is good. Not easy- but possibly better. Having this forum is really helping- usually just me & my thoughts.
    Thanks,
    SJ x
    SJ xxx :groupluv:

'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act but a habit.' Aristotle

Comment

Another AF day - I made it to ONE WEEK!!!! Actually day 8. Thanks to all of you! Cherry juice and that awful red fake wine huh? I happen to have some of the AF red wine in the cabinet unopened. I will get some cherry juice and give it a try. I am not a white wine drinker, but I thought the AF white might be better because it could be really, really cold. It was still very, very awful!! I like the idea of a drink for only evenings - Thanks for the idea. Have a great day everybody!!

Comment

I have officially started my vacation and having some na beers tonight. AF life rocks and if it wasn't for you all and this site, who knows if I would of made it this far. I know for sure wouldn't be able to if I did it myself as easily.
        I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Have a super vacation D. Allison, I start mine on Friday. Leaving DH behind and taking my mom across the country to see my brother and sisters. You are right AF life ROCKS... can't get over it.. What took me so long.

Tap Dancer congratulations on your one week milestone. Today is one week for me too. I think you started on the 30th of May and I started June 1st. Feels great doesn't it?

About the insomnia, I use Calms Forte which is recommended in the book. I take three (yikes) but I don't need them every night; only once in a while. Sure is awesome to not be waking up at 3:00 a.m. feeling like crap...

Goodnight all ...
          Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
          ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

I plan to go to a lake in Palo and fish on most of my vacation. May fish this weekend.
            I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

So far, so good, tryin to stay super busy at work, come home, clean up, eat, sleepytime tea, and then my reward for the night.

4 of those M/M style cookies and a big ol glass of cold milk.....MMM mmmm mmmm. Im getting hooked on milk and cookies now!

Keep it up all, lets do this, and stay clean for June
              Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

:goodjob: Nelz,

Hi Everyone!
                I'm on day 17 AF.....coming down the home stretch to the 3 week mark on Sat. That will also be my 3rd. AF weekend.
                This is my 1st. challenge with house guests. We are going on a moonlight kayak run on the Colorado River. We start at 7:30 pm. and end up around midnight in the full moon. It is quite the party. I will bring seltzer and lemon, maybe some cranberry juice. We have a gourmet appetizer meal on the river. Everyone brings wine, and we have so much fun.
                I know I will have just as much fun without the wine, and I will feel great the next morning for breakfast as well.
                :bat Stay away from me AL, you're no good!
                THOUGHTS become THINGS
                choose the GOOD
                ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

Yeah. I told a friend that I will go ether this Friday or next to their karaoke party (different one then I usually go to but I go to every now and then) and I plan to have soda or na beer that night.

Comment

Lucky you Drifty...on vacation...there are no better words to say than "I'm On Vacation"! I have a year to get to say that again, but it always leaves us somethin' to look forward to right!

The start of Day 6 for me. Barely made it through yesterday as the cravings were so strong BUT I stuck to my guns and didn't have any wine, just my selzter and herbal tea last night. Hubs had to have an emergency root canal as I have posted on other threads just because I am still so shocked that his infection was so bad that they had to get him in right then to fix it in fear it could be fatal if spread to the brain. Yikes. We had a nice evening and he was so relieved to not be in pain anymore. I really felt for him...he is working 2 jobs and really hates one of them...the full time job, and just had a crown put on that very tooth last month, only to have them drill through the crown for the root canal. Double whammy, our dental insurance was used up on the crown and so now we have to pay for the root canal in 3 bills of $400 each, ouch. There goes some home improvement projects slated for the summer but oh well, this was literally life or death or so they said.

Enough of my woes...I hope you all are marching through June with flying colors. What helped me most yesterday was saying to myself, No, you are not going to give in...you promised yourself at least 30 days and you are going to stick with it girly! And I did!
                    Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                    :h

Comment

Day 7 & doing ok. A bit up & down but good food, exercise & good company here on this forum is helping. Looking forward to the challenge of my 2nd week AF- will keep busy & healthy. Feeling the benefit already- down 4 pounds so far. Lots more to go.
                      Hope you are all having a great day.
                      SJ x
                      SJ xxx :groupluv:

'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act but a habit.' Aristotle

Comment

Still here. Day 23.
                        AF since 06/27/2011

Of all vices, drinking in the most imcompatible with greatness. Sir Walter Scott

Comment

I am still here day 19! It felt great to wake up and lay in bed and know that I am hangover free.

Comment

Congrats to everybody! Still hanging in there too. I never had hangovers or felt bad, and got routine lab work back today that says all is well so I am getting a wee bit tempted to have a glass of the real thing. I hope that I can drink less than I did once this AF period is over, but I still really hate the idea of having to give it up all together. AGH!!!! I am sticking with AF for now.

Comment

tapdancer;1127666 wrote: Congrats to everybody! Still hanging in there too. I never had hangovers or felt bad, and got routine lab work back today that says all is well so I am getting a wee bit tempted to have a glass of the real thing. I hope that I can drink less than I did once this AF period is over, but I still really hate the idea of having to give it up all together. AGH!!!! I am sticking with AF for now.
                              No AL for life can be daunting. That is why I take it a day at a time. Some can Mod some can't and sometimes you have to try it to discover if you can or not. Congrats on your af time.

Comment

Thanks Drifty. I appreciate the support. Have a good night!!

Comment

Working...
                                X