Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Underoos et al - June 2011

:hallo: Undies

My hope is that you will wake gently and with renewed energy.
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Mornng Tip!!!

Big hugs to you Bridgey. You have such a big heart.

Beags - have a great time in Melbourne!!

I feel like I'm living in a parallel universe. We have an Emperor Penguin on the beach (very cool, but pretty bizarre!), yesterday the council has "red-stickered" a whole lot of buildings around where I work, and they have a month to register plans for earthquake proofing or they will be demolished, and Mr B stuck in Auckland because of volcanic ash.

I'm giving up the diet for today - its a friend's birthday and four of us are going to have "high tea" at a place that is known for its generous helpings!!
      Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

see what I mean? This in today's paper ......

Wellington's zombie apocalypse plan | Stuff.co.nz

.... and its not even April Fools day.

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Morning all,
          That's pretty funny MB.
          HI JO, and welcome to the best thread in the sothern hemisphere. ( a little joke because it's in a lot of tourist attraction marketing for NZ and OZ.) Something like the biggest/best (fill in the blank) in the southern hemisphere.
          K, Off to work for Day 6. See you alls later.
          Beags, enjoy the trip!

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Miss Behaving;1135147 wrote: see what I mean? This in today's paper ......

Wellington's zombie apocalypse plan | Stuff.co.nz

.... and its not even April Fools day.
            :H:H:H LMAO!!!

This website has hilarious articles: Women flock to take horse-semen shots | Stuff.co.nz
            I'll do whatever it takes
            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

yes, well, tourist attractions in NZ come in all shapes and sizes ...... :H

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Morning to all you lovely Undies
                Yep Mindil Markets are the best, much more variety and sometimes, they have fireworks and sword eaters (yeww), that last one doesn't appeal, but I guess everyone has to make a living somehow eh? Hi Happy how's the leg today? Well gotta run and earn a dollar will talk later. Kaza x
                Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day. ~Quoted in P.S. I Love You, compiled by H. Jackson Brown, Jr:l:l

Comment

Jo80;1134945 wrote: Hello,

:new:

Just wanted to pop in and say hi!

Jo x
                  Hi Jo,
                  Welcome to the Undies. we're a weird mob but harmless

Comment

HAPPY: Thanks for the compliment. Beware though, I might just send you all a recording!!

MISSY: Zombie Plans. Do we put it down to misguided youth?

SUNSHINE: Bex and Vincents powders were taken by zillions of housewives in Australia to help them get through the day. My mother was addicted to them. You will sometimes hear the saying “Have a cup of tea, a Bex, and a good lie down.” The powder was a nasty combo of aspirin, phenacetin and caffeine.
                    It wasn’t till a doctor from South Africa in the 1960s, (Priscilla Kincaid-Smith,) recognised that these substances were addictive and that the massive doses of phenacetin taken by habitual users was causing widespread kidney disease. Eventually, in response to political activism, government controls were put on analgesic products in the 1970s.
                    They came wrapped in thin paper, about a dozen to the box, and if you rolled it into a thin tube, held a lit match at one end and blew the powder out, you’d get a great bloody flame. You couldn’t do it often else mum would realise someone was pinching her Bex. Women were divided into two camps Vincents users and Bex users.... much the same way blokes are divided into Ford or Holden camps. Sorry, this is a bit longer than I intended.

Period Advertising | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Gee Bridge, take care when you take on board stuff like that my love.

Comment

*Deeeeep breathssssss*

Good morning Undies
                      We can only do what we can eh ?
                      Up at 6am this morning. Various sleepover house guests dropped to various destinations.
                      House cleaned from top to bottom
                      Off to snazzy up my CV this morning to launch into the next leg of the journey

High tea Missy
                      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

:welcome: Jo 80 ....
                        Good to have another camper.
                        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1135222 wrote: *Deeeeep breathssssss*

Good morning Undies
                          We can only do what we can eh ?
                          Up at 6am this morning. Various sleepover house guests dropped to various destinations.
                          House cleaned from top to bottom
                          Off to snazzy up my CV this morning to launch into the next leg of the journey
                          Bloody Hell!
                          All I've managed so far is a cup of coffee and hitting the computer!! You put me to shame Bridge my dearest.

Comment

Rags;1135228 wrote: Bloody Hell!
                            All I've managed so far is a cup of coffee and hitting the computer!! You put me to shame Bridge my dearest.
                            :H The secret lies in the early rise....which is hilarious when I think of the sleep in lush that I once was :H
                            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning all,

Wow, thanks for that little snippet of bex/analgesics history Rag's. I didn't know most of that.

Have a peaceful and positive day Wundies!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Rags;1135200 wrote: Hi Jo,
                                Welcome to the Undies. we're a weird mob but harmless
                                Shes right. Welcome Jo 80.

Comment

Working...
                                X