Underoos et al - June 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And let me add Sizzler to the list of places you shouldnt go. Last time I took two locusts, Mr HP was away and eldest refused to go on the grounds of child cruelty. They gorged themselves so much that the littlest one threw up on the neighbors front lawn. Mmmm memories, memories.

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1124832 wrote: Hi Panadol :welcome:

Hi Lilly. Yep Mum is back in today. There were complications of course, she has had a really hard trot from beginning to end. So are you out in the garden today ? Sun shining, better get out while we can I think.
      Back from my food tangent Bridge. Hope your mum will be ok. Dont worry about the milo either, I think anything thats not on a plate shouldnt count calorie wise, so you were clever to go direct from the tin. And what they dont know wont damage them mentally.

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1124832 wrote: Hi Panadol :welcome:

Hi Lilly. Yep Mum is back in today. There were complications of course, she has had a really hard trot from beginning to end. So are you out in the garden today ? Sun shining, better get out while we can I think.
        Bridge, really hope your mum will be okay, na I'm not in the garden today, have been changing bed, and a bit of house cleaning, not very exciting i know, but feels good once its done, I always think once you have done what you have to do, then you can do what you like to do

Comment

myhappyplace;1124818 wrote: Hiya Lilly

I've got a CD which my teacher got from her teacher who is in Adelaide. I generally do a class once a week and the retreats when I have time but I try to meditate each day and the CD is really good to keep you on track with breathing and it has a thingy called a body scan. Without being too freaky hippy Oprahish, its just about being in the moment and not filling your mind with the past or present, what has and what will happen. Its giving me tools I use to deal with my shit and other peoples crap doesnt have as much over me as it has done. It is interesting though, I've done yoga since I was in my teens but I am getting a lot more from that now that I am meditating. And I've only gotten into that since I've been here which is since February.

Think I will jump off my soapbox now loves. And I confess I just ate a packet of snakes. All naturals but still jeez a whole packet.
          Thanks for that HP, will look at getting a meditation cd, do need to clear my mind sometimes, have a tendency to think too much
          not into eating snakes, chocolate would be my downfall,

Hi Kaza, hope all your tests come back good

Comment

Welcome to SimpleMeditation.net

This is the website for my teachers teacher. I just think whatever helps.

Comment

HP Had a quick look at the web site, have a better look tonight when I've more time, but I will order the body scan meditation cd, looks good

Comment

Thats the one I've got. I like it coz you have the choice of time. When your busy doing stuff for everybody else it is not hard to say, you know I can take 20 or 30 minutes for me.

Comment

Hey has everyone seen this?

Kookaburra survives 700km ride in car grille

Talk about tenacious. At least they're attempting to relocate him back to whence he came from. I think the drivers a bit of a dickhead.

Comment

myhappyplace;1124922 wrote: I think the drivers a bit of a dickhead.
                    With a name like Bruce Wham, he's bound to be ...

Comment

Lillypond059;1124316 wrote: HI Rags, good you back on line, did you have internet problems !!!
                      Hello dear Lil,

No,
                      No innernet problems.
                      I've been busy - ish going up to Sydney helping a friend, staying overnight then comoing back here then having to go to Huskisson, then Wingello.... so been landing with feet running the last week. Sorry about that.
                      Didn't even continue with the Teddies KWEST to find Tigger on the Tigger thread!.

Am now doing lots of preparation for 2 volunteer things I'm involved with... (honest, it'll only take up an hour a week of your time...) and that will be chewing into my time for a bit.

BUT good news! I've struck a deal with a neighbour. He gives me a 1 hour photoshop every Thurs afternoon, and I cook him dinner Thursday night. Not a bad deal. We start next week.

Comment

tawnyfrog;1124834 wrote: Undies! I have to tell you of my most traumatic experience t'other night. Pretty zorsted and starving I couldn't be arsed looking for a nice restaurant in the Rat so straight across the road from my hotel I spied a Pizza Hut. Now, I have to fess that I was a Pizza Hut virgin but what the heck. Pizza is pizza, non?

I was NOT prepared for the carnagae I witnessed once inside said establishment. There were people ordering take-aways at the counter but I saw a dining section to one side. Well, had to walk around and check out what was on offer there. It was like a Breughel painting, I tell yers. A bain marie thingy contained two troughs of stuck-together pasta spirals, more troughs with a gluggy looking white sauce concoction and an equally evil looking red sauce concoction. I'm guessing it was supposed to be bolognese and carbonara???? Three small pizzas with different toppings were also on the stainless bench, with one or two slices still on pizza trays. Disgusting snotty dribbles of sauce were on the counter; a cheese shaker thinggy obviously didn't work because a kid kept banging it on the counter to try to dislodge whatever it contained. People were mix'n'matching this crap and piling it on.

To the side of that catastrophe was was I assumed to be the fresh salad bar. Disgusting. Didn't seem very popular. Tomatoes were sliced but the cruddylittle bit where the stalk is attached was still intact. Another conter contained the sweets. Disfgustinger! Jelly and other wobbly things all with a self-serve soft icecream facility.

Please tell me I found a bad Pizza Hut. Please tell me they're not all like that?

I remain a Pizza Hut virgin. Had Maccas instead.

Yep you did. Yep they are.
                        You have to go to the counter and order fresh. i actually like Pizza Hut thin pastry pizzas.... vegetarian with NO NO NO PINEAPPLE, but with pepperoni.

YUMMY

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1124825 wrote: Milo, straight out of the tin.
                          And I double dipped.
                          And it's the boy's Milo.
                          And I'm not gunna tell im.
                          You have to have Milo on white toast with lashings of butter. YUMMY

Milo is a super duper caffeinne hit. But note. Not one word about the caffeinne amounts on the labelling. And parents feed it to their kids at night to get them to settle down to sleep. A cup of milo = 3 cups of coffee. Ring the Nestles info line if ewes don't believe me.............

Comment

Hit a 3G blackspot soon after I last posted!
                            this has been an unscheduled trip. Mr B's boy was due for the weekend, but his ex tried to cancel at the last moment for spurious reasons. This comes on top of her having scarped the last school holiday visit, so we called her bluff and came up here instead.

back soon - Graeme Norton show has just started !!
                            Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Here ya go Tawn,
                              Fresh out of the oven 3 minutes ago. Bit tastier than Pizza hut or Maccas.

At the front we have a semi vegetarian lasagna topped with fetta and ricotta cheese. "layer upen layer upen layer" as the ols Sarah Lee add said.... And next to it a mulberry (from my tree) and apple pie. Mr Rags has whipped the South Coast ( wholly owned by the farmers) cream ... so we're about ready to eat. Care to jpoin us??

Comment

Reg - think. Graeme norton is a Brit. Has one of those couch chat shows, but very funny. I don't get a chance to watch tv much and every now and then I quite enjoy it!

Panadol - didn't know you were a kiwi!

Happy - I'm going to have a look at that site. I like the idea of meditation - just never been very sucesful at sticking to it
                                Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Working...
                                X