Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Underoos et al - June 2011

Morning all,

Great to see you Techie! Hang in there mate.

Just watching the Greek news. Protesting in the streets. There was footage of some older blokes in the front line pushing and shoving with riot police. Inspiring, and bloody good on 'em. I hope to be like that in me 70's.

Far too busy and important to hang around here i'm afraid. It's a corker of a day, so orf to the market with me clipboard.

L8tr, Yo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Morning Ross, Brian, Tim, Techie and MrG,,

Yay, Techie's back in the house!!! Beautiful song, Techster.

Now Undies, in order to be important, you gotta look important.

Clipboard is mandatory, basic equipment and can be further enhanced with a pencil attached via a piece of string. Wearing a white laboratory coat is also advisable. Accessorise with a stop watch and a lanyard. The lanyard must be worn around the neck with many attached laminated ID cards. Doesn't matter if it's your library card, diggers club card, or frequent flyer card. A very large bunch of keys attached to your waistband also impresses. To look important AND assume an air of menace, carry a cudgel.

Happy Saturday.

Comment

techie;1125306 wrote: Hi gorgeous. I'm a wreck but getting stronger every day. Even though I was unable to post I missed you so much. Yeah, I missed the Frog too. Love you guys!!!
        Yay ! The bionic man is back !
        Good to see you.

Today's bounty included spice blends Chermoula, Ras El Hanout and Berbere. Fresh pineapple and organic tomatoes soy melts for burning and pot holders proclaiming 'never trust a skinny cook'. Real german pretzels and sour dough.
        Just about to sit down to a lovely brunch of toasted sourdough rubbed with Aussie garlic, tomato, fresh ricotta sprinkled with chermoula.

OR...I could have gotten absolutely shitfaced last night, be still in bed right now shreiking at folk to shut the F up while I sleep it off all day, get up at midday, just in time to take sandpaper to my tongue, drop meds for heartburn, headache and depression, eat copious trans fats and start plotting for another blackout session tonight.
        It's days like today that the ludicrousness of alcoholic life really hits me......
        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

TECHIE !

:l :l :l

Comment

Too rough to dive to-day, so have nipped home to sort some Palau pics, burn them and take them back to the dive shop so we can all share and have a jolly old laugh at Raggsy's attempts at underwater photography!

So just popped in for a minute but hope to be back this arvo.

Comment

Reggie;1124999 wrote: .Tawny put me on to this Gangastagrass band soundtrack to a tv series called.. "Justified" (Elmore Lenoard based) thanks TF ..
              Reggie - you've gotta gotta gotta get "Justified". You'll throb it big time. Order Series 2 while you're at it - cheap on Amazon. It's the bestest thing I've seen in yonks and I had to ration my viewing of Series 1 because I didn't want it to end. :h :h :h

Lazy Saturday arvo here.

Comment

Hi All
                Jeez Rags that food looks so good, wish I were there. M'mmmm love that food. Thanks for the welcome Reggie, missed being on here lately. Hi Happy, poor Kookaburra, I agree he was tenacious, why did the guy not stop and check on him earlier though, I shudder to think how that poor Kookaburra felt during that trip? Have a great weekend all.
                Love and Sunshine Always Kaza
                Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day. ~Quoted in P.S. I Love You, compiled by H. Jackson Brown, Jr:l:l

Comment

Helloooooooooo Lovelies
                  Here I am again and am feeling so surrounded by love and friendship. Thankyou all, gosh you make life so much brighter. Got my test results back very late yesterday. Apparently, I had gall stones stuck in my bile duct (doesn't that sound vile or should I say bile), anyway, they have now passed and I am feeling human today, just very tender in the tummy region. I had my gallbladder removed years ago, but Doc says "the plumbing is still there so you can still have gallstones" which I did, and when they get stuck they cause all sorts of problems. However, the three gallstones, have thankfully left the bile duct, (a bit like Elvis leaving the building really, I suppose eh)? Anyhow, liver is good, pancreas is good and so are the kidneys, so it was just the nasty stones. All gone now so onward and upward. However, I do have to take special care apparently cos I'm still losing weight (not a bad thing now), lots of rest, fluids (AF of course), and fruit and vegies!!! So all in all, just a wake up call of "Oi, look after yourself better". Hee Hee. Bridge thank you for your kind thoughts too, so sorry about your Mum hope it all is going to be ok. Thanks Lilly for your kind thoughts, and Happy as always a huge thank you for always being there. I'm checking out that website of yours. My kids have always loved Milo and ate it and still do, with anything and everything. Although I never realised it had caffeine in it, I have alway let them eat or drink it and I thought it was extremely good for em. They used to eat it on bread or icecream or whatever else they thought would be good!! Hey my kids also loved Weetbix spread with Vegemite - yuk, has anyone else experienced that???? I've prattled on long enough. Take care and Love and Sunshine Always Kaz x
                  Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day. ~Quoted in P.S. I Love You, compiled by H. Jackson Brown, Jr:l:l

Comment

Spam slayer reporting for duty. Anyone need a new car? See Williamsmith444 before he gets splatted.

Comment

Hello Undies, nice to see you posting Techie.

byebyebridgetjones;1125373 wrote: Yay ! The bionic man is back !
                      Good to see you.

Today's bounty included spice blends Chermoula, Ras El Hanout and Berbere. Fresh pineapple and organic tomatoes soy melts for burning and pot holders proclaiming 'never trust a skinny cook'. Real german pretzels and sour dough.
                      Just about to sit down to a lovely brunch of toasted sourdough rubbed with Aussie garlic, tomato, fresh ricotta sprinkled with chermoula.

OR...I could have gotten absolutely shitfaced last night, be still in bed right now shreiking at folk to shut the F up while I sleep it off all day, get up at midday, just in time to take sandpaper to my tongue, drop meds for heartburn, headache and depression, eat copious trans fats and start plotting for another blackout session tonight.
                      It's days like today that the ludicrousness of alcoholic life really hits me......
                      Great post Bridgypoos.

PS tut tut spare a thought for poor old will smith reduced to selling cars online. I blame that film 'I am legend' myself.
                      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

tawnyfrog;1125492 wrote: Spam slayer reporting for duty. Anyone need a new car? See Williamsmith444 before he gets splatted.
                        Is that Techie's SAAB?? :H

Comment

Well bugger me Kazz,
                          Didn't know you could still get bloody gallstones after yer gall bladder's removed.

Comment

Evening all!

Good to know our spam slayer is in action. I did get a BING from him though....not getting it from undies for some reason technical.

Kaz thats good news, you had me worried, so just take care.

Well today didnt go as planned, wugby friendly claimed one of the locusts - knocked out poor luv so his parents, well me coz I'm the wugby hater, think he should be banned. Anyway he's good now but I didnt get to meditation, no matter. Stuffed now though.

Trying to come up with vege recipes to use the glut of legumes we've accumulated from the little Indian shop.

Comment

Went to JB Hi Fi this arvo and got Girl with the dragon tattoo. So it's left over lasagne that you Undies didn't eat, warm blanket, and let my mind flow with the movie.

BTW REGGIE: Almost finished reading Das Boot. want a lend? Most descriptive and bloody scary ocean going book I've ever read. It is almost like I'm there on the conning tower and in the submarine with the writer.

I'm orf. Up to Sinney tomorrow morning early for Dana day so won't be on air till Monday probly.

Take care Undies.
                              Bridge, say hello to your mum for me.

Happy, try doing a vegetarian lasagne.

Comment

Rags;1125511 wrote: Went to JB Hi Fi this arvo and got Girl with the dragon tattoo. So it's left over lasagne that you Undies didn't eat, warm blanket, and let my mind flow with the movie.

BTW REGGIE: Almost finished reading Das Boot. want a lend? Most descriptive and bloody scary ocean going book I've ever read. It is almost like I'm there on the conning tower and in the submarine with the writer.

I'm orf. Up to Sinney tomorrow morning early for Dana day so won't be on air till Monday probly.

Take care Undies.
                                Bridge, say hello to your mum for me.
                                Great movie Rags know you loved the book, so I think you'll like it.

Whats Dana day?

Comment

Working...
                                X